Sign in to follow this  
bradhig1

Playing Final Fantasy 1 need help

Probably different by class mix, but my team of BB's went in at about 27 and finished it.  They were almost at 30 by the time it was over.  Despite losing one to Tiamat's bane, the remaining 3 were able to take him down.

One thing that helps is to distribute the healing items between 3 members and give the wizard staff to the last one.  Then when you need time to recover, wait for an enemy that's either a light hitter or easily confused, and keep it busy while the other 3 use the healing equipment to restore everybody.

You're low by a few levels, nothing crazy.  As he said above, 27, but using BBs which are walking meat walls with high attack and defense basically naked(of gear) and you using more squishy stuff, you need more power.

I can't learn anti-rub cause my white wizard has three spells at level 7.   Where do you find the wall spell?

Equip your armor-wearing characters with the ProRing for anti-rub.

WALL is in Gaia.  There are two magic shops for each color there.

Edited by ChildOfCv

Beat it.  Two characters at Level 31 and two at Level 30. I lost two characters in the final battle and thought I had lost again until terminated came on the screen.

• Like 2

Nice, that didn't take much time, unless you've been at it a LOT of hours to grind away.  The game is slow going, it was a learning thing, their first title.

There is replay value in FF1.  You can go back and try different parties or tackle some parts in a different order like Gurgu Volcano, the Castle of Ordeals, etc.

Some people like to do challenges like a party of all fighters or all white mages.  Only try those if you are an expert player.

• Like 1