Sign in to follow this  
sm3

New retro computer in development C256 Gen X

For anyone that hasn't seen my post about the C256 FMX in the Commodore 8-bit section, I wanted to show the next evolution of the C256 coming out soon from Foenix Retro Systems:

C256 Foenix Gen X

Figured this was a more appropriate section of the forum for this new version.

Note: I don't have anything to do with this project other than purchasing the hardware and learning to use it of course. Just trying to spread the word a bit.

If you have some time and want to learn a bit more, Stefany goes into a bit more detail about the Gen X

Here are a few answers to questions people will have from my previous post about the original C256:

Cost will be $599.99 (based on the website) fully assembled. The CPU module (extra beyond the onboard 65C816) price will vary.  I've decided on the $99.99 MC68SEC000 for myself to start with.

There will be a $499.99 version that will require some assembly (no soldering of course).

This is a new (retro) platform. It's not designed to be something like the Mega65 that will run existing Commodore 64 software or that sort of thing.

Obviously this will not be for everyone, especially due to the cost.

And finally, here is a link to their store