IGNORED

Wii U connected to RAID 5 array.

napabar

I’ve been playing around some more with the Wii U.  In my new video, I’ll look at formatting a RAID 5 array, moving to and playing eShop games on the array, and testing whether a running Wii U game will survive a hard disk failure.

Hopefully something you guys find interesting!

Video: Wii U connected to RAID 5 array

Edited by napabar

• 2 months later...
I’ve been playing around some more with the Wii U.  In my new video, I’ll look at formatting a RAID 5 array, moving to and playing eShop games on the array, and testing whether a running Wii U game will survive a hard disk failure.

Hopefully something you guys find interesting!

I agree with your closing words, that is just awesome!

I’ve been thinking lately about the Wii U Eshop closing. This looks like an excellent solution to protect your purchases, because who knows if Nintendo will ever open the vault again.

I once modded a Wii U and loaded all of my games on that way and I think that’s a pretty good solution as well. But it comes with its own problems. I decided against it eventually as part of me never felt quite right about it. I’m not the biggest anti-piracy believer when it comes to preservation and accessibility I think it’s a blurred line that will become non existent as time goes on. Especially for those in the future that will never have had access to the originals. But I also think we should try and keep copyright laws if we have access to the original material through the actual copyright holder. I also believe the big 3 will come up with their own solution for this in the coming years. Microsoft looks to be leading the way with game pass, and Google is certainly trying with Stadia.

I don’t really like the idea of paywalls and games as a service having grown up with a cartridge in my hands. I’m getting way off topic.

I think what you showed was great!! Thanks so much for taking the time and spending the money to see if this would work. This is the best solution I’ve seen.