IGNORED

Who has QS-Ramdisk for Foundation 128k memory card?

rgjt

Who happens to have a copy of the QS-Ramdisk DSK that was specific for setting up the Foundation 128k memory card as a ramdisk?

The software was developed by Quality 99 Software.

I was not able to find it on WHTECH.

3 hours ago, sparkdrummer said:

Ok, here is the unprotected copy of QS-Ramdisk I somehow cobbled together many years ago.

If memory serves me the ramdisk is DSKX.

Hope it works for you

QS-RAMDISK.dsk 90 kB · 5 downloads

Thank you for searching through your archives in finding this as it's greatly appreciated.

I will be trying it out today. I'm sure my friend who has the Foundation 128k will be more than thrilled in finally being able to fully use the card for what it was designed for.

1 hour ago, sparkdrummer said:

No sweat. I do strongly recommend the Myarc eprom. It makes the card much more versatile.

It works, but a little confusing the first time around.

Where does  one get the eprom and the 512k upgrade?

I'm sure my ex-manager would be interested in doing the upgrade.

5 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

I can't recommend Hummingbird Eproms (atrax27407) enough, you can also order his eproms in more store 

How does this Eprom work with the 128k Foundation card?  The QS-Ramcopy software is not very user friendly.

Are there Basic CALL statements to create a small ramdisk that is part of the Eprom or is there special Myarc software required to access it?

I need to know how simple or complex this is going to be as this ex-manager friend is not very computer savvy, knows just enough to be dangerous, i.e., if it doesn't work, use a bigger hammer is his troubleshooting skills.

Simple CALL statements would be better for him.

46 minutes ago, rgjt said:

How does this Eprom work with the 128k Foundation card?  The QS-Ramcopy software is not very user friendly.

Are there Basic CALL statements to create a small ramdisk that is part of the Eprom or is there special Myarc software required to access it?

I need to know how simple or complex this is going to be as this ex-manager friend is not very computer savvy, knows just enough to be dangerous, i.e., if it doesn't work, use a bigger hammer is his troubleshooting skills.

Simple CALL statements would be better for him.

this eprom makes it work identical to the myarc ramdisk  I looked and the manual ISNT on whtech, will need to fix that.. might be here in the forums as well

6 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

this eprom makes it work identical to the myarc ramdisk  I looked and the manual ISNT on whtech, will need to fix that.. might be here in the forums as well

Okay, looks like I need to add that to my TODO list.

Keep me posted if you find it.

Thanks.

well found it in the cyc.. so

Additional partitioning instructions for 512K only
The amount of memory available for partitioning is the total storage capacity (512K) MINUS expansionmemory (32K) or 480 Kbytes.
You may select any whole number value for the Print Spooler and any whole number value, up to themaximum value of 400 for the Ramdisk, provided the sum of the two values equals a total of 480.
CALL PART (x,y)x = 400 and y = 80
or
x = 0 and y = 480
Any number combination between the two extremes, detailed above, can be used when partitioning the512K Memory Expansion Card.
Special commands for Ramdisk and Print Spooler
Ramdisk
The device name for Ramdisk is "RD".
1.Once the card has been partitioned between Ramdisk (RD) and Print Spooler (PS), a simple commandinstructs the Ramdisk to emulate a floppy diskette or "turns off" the emulation as follows:
CALL EMDK(1 or 0)
where
CALL EMDK(1) instructs RD to emulate DSK1.
and
CALL EMDK(0) "turns off" the DSK1 emulation.
The Ramdisk portion of the 32/128/512K Memory Expansion card can also be used to emulate not only"DSK1", but also DSK2, DSK3, DSK4, DSK5. The command to perform this is:
CALL EMDK(X)
where X is either 0 to turn off the DSKX emulation or 1-5 to emulate either one of disk drives 1-5.
TEXAS INSTRUMENTS
HOME COMPUTER
2.A volume or diskette name is given to RD (RDSK1) as follows:
CALL VOL("volume-name")
The purpose of a volume name is to allow a program to access the Ramdisk in the form ofDSK.VOLNAME.FILE-NAME. This is useful in applications such as Multiplan where the softwarelooks for "DSK.TIMP.file-name" for the program files.
3.To get a directory listing of all files in the (Ramdisk) directory from the TI Basic or Extended Basicmonitor, enter:
CALL RDDIR
Print Spooler
The device name for the Print Spooler is SP, SP/1, SP/2, or SPPIO corresponding to RS232, RS232/1,RS232/2 or PIO ports respectively.
To abort the Print Spooler, in Basic Command Mode, enter:
CALL ABSP
The Print Spooler may be used only for output and you can address the Print Spooler with only one portat a time. Before using another RS232 port, the previous buffer must have been emptied.
To use the Print Spooler portion of RAM, you first need to partition some of the memory for this task. Youmay "spool" output to your printer connected to either the PIO, RS232, or RS232/2 ports of the computer.To perform this, simply change the names used in the "OPEN" statement to SPPIO, SP (or SP/1). or SP/2respectively. To abort this command, simply type CALL ABSP to abort spooling to any of the 3 ports. Pleasebe advised not to use the same ports as used in spooling as are used in normal I/O. This will cause theSpooler to become inoperative. Also, do not use the PIO and RS232 ports at the same time when spoolingto one of them. This also will cause spooling to stop.
One last word about print spooling on the TI-99/4(A) is in order. When the Print Spooler is invoked, thedata going to the printer is actually sent first to the RAM memory allocated to the Spooler and then to theprinter. The data is sent to the printer on demand and allows the computer to perform another task at thesame time. The spooling is transparent to the user, in that it steals CPU cycles not being used by thecomputer when the computer is idle such as during data entry or the like. In actuality your TI-99/4(A) nowbecomes a multi-tasking computer similar to more advanced professional or mini-computers.

• Like 2