IGNORED

Unexpected haul

So I finally went to the dentist for some work that was long overdue because of the pandemic.

While the dental office I went to had recently been "updated" and remodeled, my appointment was scheduled in one of the rooms that had NOT been fully "updated" yet.

I'm sitting there waiting between steps in the procedure and looking around, bored, and then I look up in a corner of the room and realize it still has an old-school Sony Trinitron CRT television hanging from the ceiling.  I started thinking, hey, that would be a great retro-gaming TV ! 

So after the procedure, I asked the dentist what his plan was for that Sony TV.  And he said, "you want it?, you can have it... in fact I have two of them (another in the next room just like it)".

Not bad, two matching 20" Sony KV-20FS12 televisions!    Both work great and have nice pictures with composite inputs on the back and the front.    No svideo though. 

DSC_1302.thumb.JPG.0b49554267ca41f5c4d638837d219a54.JPG

• Like 13

My parents had a widescreen Sony Triniton, it was a tank of a thing, from memory it even had seperate RGB inputs with seperate sync. When they replaced it, I had to lug it outside to the kerb (all 90kgs of arkwardness).

Just as I was about to lug it into the car, some kid on a skateboard came up and asked if he could have it. I said yep, and he put it on his skateboard and pushed it up the road.

I tell you what, he scored a good set that day. Lucky I was in the giving mood.

• Like 3

I don't get it :) A jammy git, a "jammy git" would be a person with undeserved luck. Or "very lucky, without putting any apparent effort in". Why would the OP be a jammy git?

As Mclaneinc might remember, I'm a huge fan of Brittish English (slang) expressions, so please enlighten me :)

On 6/8/2021 at 4:45 PM, ivop said:

I don't get it :) A jammy git, a "jammy git" would be a person with undeserved luck. Or "very lucky, without putting any apparent effort in". Why would the OP be a jammy git?

As Mclaneinc might remember, I'm a huge fan of Brittish English (slang) expressions, so please enlighten me :)

He got two awesome monitors for free just by going to the dentist, that seems very lucky with no apparent effort LOL

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, orpheuswaking said:

He got two awesome monitors for free just by going to the dentist, that seems very lucky with no apparent effort LOL

For sure! But he did ask. So there was some effort ;)  But it was merely the first meaning I read that made me wonder. The word 'undeserved'. But I get it now :)

17 minutes ago, ivop said:

For sure! But he did ask. So there was some effort ;)  But it was merely the first meaning I read that made me wonder. The word 'undeserved'. But I get it now :)

Yeah I think the meaning has relaxed somewhat over time :)