IGNORED

TI99/4a F18a install issues

• 2 weeks later...

I must say that the list is getting longer and longer, but the XC3S250E-4VQG100C FPGA that is needed in the F18A is not currently available from any of the official chip outlets and priced at around 50 Euros apiece on Aliexpress.  I am not going to buy them from there at that price point because the risk that I'm getting relabeled or salvaged and damaged chips is too high for me.  If anyone wants to step up and finance the chips, I'll gladly test and build a couple of additional boards, but for the time being, I'll not be able to fulfill the demand, sorry.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/4/2022 at 12:09 AM, Hans23 said:

I must say that the list is getting longer and longer, but the XC3S250E-4VQG100C FPGA that is needed in the F18A is not currently available from any of the official chip outlets and priced at around 50 Euros apiece on Aliexpress.  I am not going to buy them from there at that price point because the risk that I'm getting relabeled or salvaged and damaged chips is too high for me.  If anyone wants to step up and finance the chips, I'll gladly test and build a couple of additional boards, but for the time being, I'll not be able to fulfill the demand, sorry.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124021832058

Found these here, $25 each, but "make an offer" and could get them for less.  Could be an option?  Cheaper than both DigiKey and Mouser.  Not sure how many you would be looking to buy.

1 minute ago, scottz29 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124021832058

Found these here, $25 each, but "make an offer" and could get them for less.  Could be an option?  Cheaper than both DigiKey and Mouser.  Not sure how many you would be looking to buy.

It seems that sellers on AliExpress have new chips in stock, and they're priced even a little lower than the $25 in that offer.  That said, I don't currently have plans to build more boards as I've run out of cables and the market seems to be pretty much saturated anyway - my list is empty at this point.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Hans23 said:

It seems that sellers on AliExpress have new chips in stock, and they're priced even a little lower than the $25 in that offer.  That said, I don't currently have plans to build more boards as I've run out of cables and the market seems to be pretty much saturated anyway - my list is empty at this point.

I have plenty of cables (found a us source) 

• Like 2

Buying parts from anywhere other than an authorized distributor means taking a risk of counterfeit parts.  I do not believe any vendors on AliExpress are authorized Xilinx vendors, but I would be happy to be wrong about that.

If anyone is willing to risk the cost of 100 pieces, let me know.  Personally, I do not have $2500 to gamble.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...