IGNORED

LTO Flash Availability?

I've finally grown tired of mucking around with building menus and whatnot with my Cuttle Cart 3 every time I want to add a rom (I honestly don't even remember how to do it anymore) so I'm interested in buying an LTO Flash,  Unfortunately they seem to be out of stock and I have missed the waiting list for the new batch.  Does anyone know when they will be available to people who aren't on the waiting list?  I knew I should have gotten one a few years back, but I was sure my CC3 would be enough.  It isn't.

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

I've finally grown tired of mucking around with building menus and whatnot with my Cuttle Cart 3 every time I want to add a rom (I honestly don't even remember how to do it anymore) so I'm interested in buying an LTO Flash,  Unfortunately they seem to be out of stock and I have missed the waiting list for the new batch.  Does anyone know when they will be available to people who aren't on the waiting list?  I knew I should have gotten one a few years back, but I was sure my CC3 would be enough.  It isn't.

I still have some copies of LTO Flash! left over for the Australian market. When I got them, they were locked in at $190 CAD. Since then, the Canadian dollar has increased in value. However, if you're interested, I can sell one for that price. Please PM me. 

That price is shipped with PayPal fees included. 

Edited by Games For Your Intellivision
additional information

31 minutes ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

I still have some copies of LTO Flash! left over for the Australian market. When I got them, they were locked in at $190 CAD. Since then, the Canadian dollar has increased in value. However, if you're interested, I can sell one for that price. Please PM me. 

That price is shipped with PayPal fees included. 

And these would be ok on an NTSC unit?  I assume the LTO isn't region specific.

19 minutes ago, fdr4prez said:

Have you not met an intellivion collector before? 

Of course, but doesn't the original poster want an LTO Flash!, because the Cuttle Cart is a PITA?

I was confused by the word 'also'..... who wants to trade an LTO Flash! for a Cuttle Cart? I'd take that trade....I have one....

Well if you want a complete Intellivision collection you need a CC3, but I doubt anyone wants one to use as a flash cart anymore.  I ran into the same thing when sold my original Cuttle Cart after getting my CC2.  I had multiple people wanting to buy my original for their collections.

27 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Well if you want a complete Intellivision collection you need a CC3, but I doubt anyone wants one to use as a flash cart anymore.  I ran into the same thing when sold my original Cuttle Cart after getting my CC2.  I had multiple people wanting to buy my original for their collections.

I avoided using the CC3 software because it was horrible. Then I'd forget how to use it the next time I wanted to put a game on the thing. 

The Cuttle Cart worked fine. Yes a bit archaic in the software but it always worked. LTO is more modern and offers up great features as well, both me and my son have one. As to the Cuttle Cart - It's a good trade...

2 hours ago, BBWW said:

The Cuttle Cart worked fine. Yes a bit archaic in the software but it always worked. LTO is more modern and offers up great features as well, both me and my son have one. As to the Cuttle Cart - It's a good trade...

Yes, trading a cuttle cart for an LTO Flash! is a good trade for sure! Not so sure about the other way around ;-)  

9 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

Son of a... Did I miss the LTO Flash carts again?! ?

Well, the third run ran out pretty fast. Faster than I expected, but as I stated in my first reply, I have a few copies that are intended for the Australian market that haven't sold. (Pictured)

I have permission from LTO to sell them worldwide. The price is $190 CANADIAN dollars (shipping and PayPal fees are included in the price). The price was locked in when I got them, and since then Canadian dollar has increased in value. Currently, $190 CAD is $157 US (final cost) which is a bit higher than regular, but I actually have some for sale. So, if you're interested, PM me.  

LTO Flash!.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

Wow, those still sell like hot cakes if you on average sell 1.333 cartridges per hour.

They are sold out in Europe, Canada and unavailable in the USA so I'm not surprised. Some people actually turned their nose up at the opportunity to buy one because despite wanting to buy one, because they are about $20 US more expensive than a US domestic one. Yeah, save $20 if you can, but they aren't available. 

Edited by Games For Your Intellivision

53 minutes ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

They are sold out in Europe, Canada and unavailable in the USA so I'm not surprised. Some people actually turned their nose up at the opportunity to buy one because despite wanting to buy one, because they are about $20 US more expensive than a US domestic one. Yeah, save $20 if you can, but they aren't available. 

The $20 over the regular cost isn't much considering it's sold out everywhere.  Plus it's not like you tacked it on due to scarcity or something, that's just what the exchange rate is.  You can't control the value of the CAD (or can you?).  It's quite reasonable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tempest said:

The $20 over the regular cost isn't much considering it's sold out everywhere.  Plus it's not like you tacked it on due to scarcity or something, that's just what the exchange rate is.  You can't control the value of the CAD (or can you?).  It's quite reasonable.

Apparently they're also tacking on a $5 US charge to 'send to Canada' it seems....they're charging me 6 CAD fees, and fees for the buyer....grrr...

Well, at least some more people will get to enjoy the LTO Flash! before Joe is back from his overworked state at $DAYJOB and can serve those who rather save $20 and wait another 1-3 months or how long it takes for him to get back on his feet. Given how it previously has been reported that this product actually finds buyers on eBay at 50-100% markup, I'm not surprised you could offload your surplus units within a few hours.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Well, at least some more people will get to enjoy the LTO Flash! before Joe is back from his overworked state at $DAYJOB and can serve those who rather save $20 and wait another 1-3 months or how long it takes for him to get back on his feet. Given how it previously has been reported that this product actually finds buyers on eBay at 50-100% markup, I'm not surprised you could offload your surplus units within a few hours.

I was one of the lucky ones to grab a copy last night! Looking forward to its arrival.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

Here's the thing....I think Joe is sold out too. The serial numbers I had were in the 970's.....  There were 1000 boxes printed and probably 1150 in the bundles delivered....with damaged boxes, I'm guessing he has fewer than 100. I have 3 empty boxes that could be turned into copies, but does he have the boards? And, with his day job killing him, I wonder if there will ever be a fourth run of the cartridge. So, I was shaking my head when someone posted a 'laughing' emoji on my facebook for sale post as if I was asking an unreasonable amount. 

• Like 1

I have no other info than what Joe posted on April 8:

There are more LTO Flashes coming.  Several are ready to go in MI already, I just need to connect units to requests.  More will be manufactured.  I have more plastic shells now. I have a dwindling supply of boxes. I just need time.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/228141-lto-flash-intellivision-flash-cartridge-information/?do=findComment&comment=4798137

That is two months ago. Perhaps the bringup phase was more complex than anticipated, which is why I allowed for another 1-3 months from now before new units may be available. We'll have to wait and see if a fourth batch will emerge or if the spare cartridges you just sold is the last we'll see of this cartridge for the foreseeable future.