IGNORED

Air Raid Goodwill Auction

Mockduck

Didn't these once trade hands for $30,000? Or am I mis-remembering things. And confusing it with Stadium MudBuggies? It's been ages and these aren't exactly memorable bits of knowledge worthy of committing to memory. Flash in the pan conversation making - you know?

Anyhow. I have a few hard-to-find vintage 486 motherboards. I'm wondering why these can't be worth anything?!?!? There's gotta be about 100-200 in existence worldwide. Perhaps less.

Edited by Keatah

3 hours ago, Keatah said:

Didn't these once trade hands for $30,000? Or am I mis-remembering things. And confusing it with Stadium MudBuggies? It's been ages and these aren't exactly memorable bits of knowledge worthy of committing to memory. Flash in the pan conversation making - you know?

Anyhow. I have a few hard-to-find vintage 486 motherboards. I'm wondering why these can't be worth anything?!?!? There's gotta be about 100-200 in existence worldwide. Perhaps less.

My recollection is pretty questionable, but I think the $30,000 sale was for for a complete Air Raid?

I think the usual auction price for a loose cartridge was traditionally closer to $3,000-3,500.

I do see however the Goodwill one has already blown this away by a considerably margin, and is just over $5,000 with still a day left to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Right now, $10,000 is less than 1/3 of a single Bitcoin.

If you bought a single bitcoin in 2015, you could have gotten it for under $300.

I know it's an odd comparison, but people who bought Bitcoin a few years back and held on to them have become seriously wealthy, and they are the geeky tech-savvy people. They can afford expensive video game collecting hobbies.

Just a theory.

• Like 2