IGNORED

Fpp game engine

shanti77

This is really, really good.

I wouldn't bother doing any more work with getting the FPS up, it is high as it is.

I also wouldn't do any more to add extra colours, we can live without 32 colours on screen.

If however this engine could have some very clever logic to allow players to walk through narrow tunnels easily without hitting the walls (unless they really want to), that would be amazing.

Imagine it like those car driving games where you spend all your time hitting the kerb, rather than driving. If there was a small repulsion by walls (or kerbs) to make it harder to bump into walls, that would be great.

How this is normally handled, I have no idea.

The character mode allows PMg to have two PF registers as a hardware masking . So Enemies build on PMg, can be placed correctly into the scene. And they can be used even with no additionalCPU cost. Just don't change them ;) , move the whole thing 360 degrees around it. 

It's a sad part that softwaredevelopment on the Atari is that slow. 

Even more thanks to people who do this today.

If an old 8 bit computer is able to show a playable rendition of Wolf 3D , then the Atari .

"How this is normally handled, I have no idea." - in modern games, a common cheap approach is with a secondary direction specific collision volume for the player (camera) entity that reproduces the feel of predictive collision management by adjusting the frustum facing and/or retarding movement speed before the viewport collides (clips) with the visible geometry. 

Edited by Jetboot Jack