IGNORED

In Battlemorph has anyone managed to get past the Paramer explosion without the GD crashing?

When playing Battlemorph the game basically works fine, as long as I dont fly super fast and crash stuff it never freezes. However, at the end of the Paramer mission you have to sit thru an explosion where the game is trying to show off its explody sprites and loud noises, but the GD doesnt seem to like this and always freezes at the part for me. Wondering if anyone has managed to get by it and if so what SD card you use.

I was finally able to get by it using a card that came with my dashcam. Its the MicroSD 1 HC I Class 10. The first time I formatted it and tried it, it gets past paramer, I then do the level with the caves which causes freezing a lot but I go really slow so it survived that level too. Then did the water level because the water freezes it often but it survived that. At this point I thought I was home safe and I would finally be able to do the first boss, at which point I could just use a password to restore any lost progress, but then it froze on penter, a super basic level it usually never freezes on. I tried to replicate the process but every subsequent time it would freeze on paramer and often only halfway thru the level. I noticed that if I reformat the card the first time I try it, it works the best. So I started constantly reformatting each of my three cards to try and find success. I did this probably 5 times for each and I was only able to survive paramer once more, but it then froze on the 2nd level I tried. 

I noticed what happens is that when the game gets too busy there is an audio glitch where there is a loud hissing sound constantly coming out of the game and the framerate drops. In this state you can continue to play the level, but when it tries to exit the level after you complete it, it always freezes. 

Hopefully this info is of some help, for now my next plan it to simple buy more microSD cards.

I’ve luckily not really had any issues with Battlemorph myself or any other CD game I’ve tried using my GD, everything just loads and plays fine maybe I’m just lucky though. The memory card I’m using is the SanDisk SDSQUA4-032G-GN6IA Ultra 32GB microSDHC Memory Card might be worth trying that one out and see how you get on, nothing special about the card it’s cheap and  it’s served me well over the last 3 weeks I’ve owned it along side the GD. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today I was able to trigger some kind of glitch that let me get farther. After completing paramer I went to the bonus level where you collect ammo. I messed around there for 30 seconds or so, collected an ammo cube or two, then left and went on to silur. When it dropped me at silur though the game had no music, yet it did have sound effects and there was no drop in frame rate, it even seemed to be slightly smoother. I finished the level with no issues and for every new level I would once again not have music but would have the sound effects and there would be no crashing. Until finally my luck ran out. On the last planet of the first world, when it dropped me the music was back. I crawled through the level at a snails pace trying not to trigger the crashing but eventually it did. I was on kalmer and went thru the teleporter hidden in the building and the game died. Oddly enough though the music kept playing and the screen was frozen black. 

3 hours ago, doctorclu said:

Was just going to ask, reminded by the Songbird sale of the Battlemorph game and soundtrack, how playing it on the Game Drive was going?

Are you all using warp codes since the game save feature is not yet working?  

Thats my plan, however I cant get to the boss levels unless I finish the normal levels in the sector without the game freezing and so far Ive yet to make it to the first boss once. I could play every level besides the boss levels but that just seems like I would be ruining the overall experience of the game for myself.