IGNORED

Aquarius LOGO - re-creating a logo in LOGO

• 2 weeks later...

You will be very disappointed, I'm afraid to say.

LOGO would have been a nice intro to procedural programming way back then.  Beyond that, particularly the Aquarius version, it wasn't very useful.  With the Aquarius graphical limitations, combined with the ROM space limitations imposed on the developers (presumed due to glaring omissions), and RAM, it's very existence is a bit of a miraculous feat.

However, to help you out, here's all you should need to accomplish your goal:

FD = Forward step

RT = Right turn

LT = Left Turn

BK = Backward step

PEN 0 = Pen up

PEN 1 = Pen down

HOME = return to center screen

CS = Clear screen

PAPER x (change background color 0 to 15)

INK x (Change pen color 0 to 15)

TILE x (Change the turtles trail to any of the 256 character codes.  To return Turtle track to normal, type TILE 255)

POS [x y]  (usable screen is 79 across by 59 down.  Upper left corner of screen is 0 0)

POS ? = returns turtle's current position

HD x (change heading of turtle between 0 and 360 degrees.  0=facing due east)

HD ? = returns turtle's current heading

TP = Turtle print (Move turtle to the place you want the message printed, then type TP 'This is my text  )

For fun, I've attached a scan of an old LOGO program I wrote, just to play around with using variables.  I found the variable usage clunky, but otherwise appreciate the ability to edit and create procedures.

Good luck!

ClockFill-LOGO printout.pdf

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MattelAquarius said:

You will be very disappointed, I'm afraid to say.

LOGO would have been a nice intro to procedural programming way back then.  Beyond that, particularly the Aquarius version, it wasn't very useful.  With the Aquarius graphical limitations, combined with the ROM space limitations imposed on the developers (presumed due to glaring omissions), and RAM, it's very existence is a bit of a miraculous feat.

However, to help you out, here's all you should need to accomplish your goal:

FD = Forward step

RT = Right turn

LT = Left Turn

BK = Backward step

PEN 0 = Pen up

PEN 1 = Pen down

HOME = return to center screen

CS = Clear screen

PAPER x (change background color 0 to 15)

INK x (Change pen color 0 to 15)

TILE x (Change the turtles trail to any of the 256 character codes.  To return Turtle track to normal, type TILE 255)

POS [x y]  (usable screen is 79 across by 59 down.  Upper left corner of screen is 0 0)

POS ? = returns turtle's current position

HD x (change heading of turtle between 0 and 360 degrees.  0=facing due east)

HD ? = returns turtle's current heading

TP = Turtle print (Move turtle to the place you want the message printed, then type TP 'This is my text  )

For fun, I've attached a scan of an old LOGO program I wrote, just to play around with using variables.  I found the variable usage clunky, but otherwise appreciate the ability to edit and create procedures.

Good luck!

ClockFill-LOGO printout.pdf 191.54 kB · 3 downloads

Thank you! This is awesome. I know Aqarius isn't the best for graphics, but I like the aethestic of the way things look on this machine. 

For example, I like this house I drew. In that it has its own charm and be happy to work with graphics like this to make some kind of an experience:

FAD6D5A3-3E80-4CCE-816F-E118EF350EB8.jpeg

• Like 2

Absolutely!  I love dabbling with the Aquarius.  During COVID, I spent many hours goofing around. 

I made it to the bottom floor of AD&D at each difficulty level, sometimes repeatedly in the same game (looping from 100 to 90).   I also found a couple bugs in the game I had never noticed before.

I tested several workarounds to the subtraction problem in FinForm.  I believe I found one that worked all the time, but it is clunky.

I somehow managed to button mash my way into the Command Module menu and play around in there.  For the life of me I can't repeat it, but during that session, I was able to do it several times. 

I took pics of this stuff, and I should create a thread here to share.

Keep doing what you're doing!  :)