IGNORED

GameDrive Buzzing Sound

Just want to be sure this is normal. I notice that there is a buzzing noise coming from any television's speakers I use with the GameDrive, whether composite or scart makes no difference. This happens only in the GameDrive's menu, nowhere else. As soon as you leave that menu and begin a game, it goes away and is not heard again until you reboot back into the GameDrive's menu. Seems to even change it's "pitch" as you scroll up or down, choosing your game. Tried this on multiple televisions, same issue.

I don’t produce any sound in the menu, so there is no audio to drown out the poorly shielded audio cabling. It is entirely normal for old systems to have buzz in the audio. The change in pitch, etc, is the interference from the video signal being manifested as sound.

Edited by SainT

On 6/11/2021 at 7:02 PM, livingonwheels said:

Just want to be sure this is normal. I notice that there is a buzzing noise coming from any television's speakers I use with the GameDrive, whether composite or scart makes no difference. This happens only in the GameDrive's menu, nowhere else. As soon as you leave that menu and begin a game, it goes away and is not heard again until you reboot back into the GameDrive's menu. Seems to even change it's "pitch" as you scroll up or down, choosing your game. Tried this on multiple televisions, same issue.

What cables are you using?,best is to have some quality cables and not some ebay crap,helps alot.