IGNORED

Intellivision Variants

Morpheus

2 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

Generally speaking, the Lifestyle white sticker on the bottom is a variant of whatever box the sticker is printed on. I have seen the Lifestyle stickers on 0410 (slotted international), 0810 (UK) and 0910 boxes.  In my experience, those boxes should also exist without the white sticker.

Ah.  So the one gone missing is the HK without the white sticker.  Gotcha.

On 6/12/2021 at 9:06 PM, JasonlikesINTV said:

While we're discussing variants, if anyone has heavy shielded pcbs for these games, I'd like to know if they exist.

Golf

Tennis

Word Fun (the1hatman has confirmed existence)

Star Strike (unlikely that it exists, but maybe...)

For reference, they look like this:

Screenshot_20210612-140338.thumb.png.b53db8417b97e278a7ffe1d6180b990a.png

Hi Jason,

Do the INTV Corp. cartridges have heavy shielded PCBs?

11 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Hi Jason,

Do the INTV Corp. cartridges have heavy shielded PCBs?

Nope.  So far I've found heavy shielded PCBs for most of the Mattel games made through 1981.  Of the first 26 games, I've found 23.  Golf, Tennis, and Star Strike being the 3 I have yet to verify.  I think Star Strike will be highly unlikely, but I suspect we'll eventually find Golf and Tennis.  I've seen Word Fun, but don't own that one yet.

17 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Nope.  So far I've found heavy shielded PCBs for most of the Mattel games made through 1981.  Of the first 26 games, I've found 23.  Golf, Tennis, and Star Strike being the 3 I have yet to verify.  I think Star Strike will be highly unlikely, but I suspect we'll eventually find Golf and Tennis.  I've seen Word Fun, but don't own that one yet.

Is there any reason why those three games shouldn’t have had the shielded PCB at all in your mind? Change of manufacturer? Production date? I can’t figure out, would you have an idea?

20 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Is there any reason why those three games shouldn’t have had the shielded PCB at all in your mind? Change of manufacturer? Production date? I can’t figure out, would you have an idea?

Release dates.  I managed to find  all of the games from 1980 and started finding more and more games from 1981, which surprised me.  Golf, Tennis, and Word Fun were released in Oct/Nov 1980.  Star Strike was Dec 1981, which is why I doubt we'll find one.  I've never seen any from 1982 or later.

3 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Release dates.  I managed to find  all of the games from 1980 and started finding more and more games from 1981, which surprised me.  Golf, Tennis, and Word Fun were released in Oct/Nov 1980.  Star Strike was Dec 1981, which is why I doubt we'll find one.  I've never seen any from 1982 or later.

Thanks, now it’s very clear why we might find some Golf and Tennis at least…

I bet all other publishers (like Parker, Imagic and so on) have no heavy shielded PCBs…

On 6/11/2021 at 1:04 PM, Morpheus said:

So, to conclude the CBS Aussie boxes topic, to date we can assume that only Carnival and Donkey Kong were sold in Australia with plastic clamshell boxes made by CBS Inc., 15 blue street, North Sidney.

I post some pictures taken from Ebay of DK for the posterity…

9EAE4055-CB9F-4678-B640-55BC6E7A74E0.jpeg

FE7BC15F-084C-488F-8BBB-C81BA7C5D5F8.jpeg

9E01B13A-FE46-4364-B25D-1BBDC8002591.jpeg

As I was trying to compare the UK clamshell copy of DK I picked up unexpectedly, I noticed that this picture is of a ColecoVision cartridge package...... On mine, the cartridge holder inside is not as custom as I might expect for an official package, but the wrapper is printed on paper and is not a cut down box, so I don't know. It would be easy to generate that box art today, but not originally.

2 hours ago, Spadafermo51 said:

I found this box a few years ago, it's in bad condition, but I think it might be of interest to lovers of variations. ?

Box and cartridge only

hr.jpg

DSC_0361.JPG

DSC_0362.JPG

DSC_0363.JPG

Hi Spadafermo,

It is indeed!!!

Thank you very much for sharing this very interesting piece!!!

It seems to be an additional category of games!!! Amazing! Could you post a pic of the interior??? Serial number? The cartridge has white label, like Intellivision Inc, but it’s Mattel!

I wonder how many titles were published by Metlionics… May be there is even the consolle…

2 hours ago, Spadafermo51 said:

I found this box a few years ago, it's in bad condition, but I think it might be of interest to lovers of variations. ?

Box and cartridge only

hr.jpg

DSC_0361.JPG

DSC_0362.JPG

DSC_0363.JPG

Well this has finally broken me. Lol. That's so awesome. Added to the list. Reminds me of the Ciro Investments ones I found in Canada. I wonder if there are other localized boxes we haven't seen. 

28 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Hi Spadafermo,

It is indeed!!!

Thank you very much for sharing this very interesting piece!!!

It seems to be an additional category of games!!! Amazing! Could you post a pic of the interior??? Serial number? The cartridge has white label, like Intellivision Inc, but it’s Mattel!

I wonder how many titles were published by Metlionics… May be there is even the consolle…

The BOX is Mattel, but the cartridge appears to be II. That is not out of the question, in any case. As it is missing a manual, it is also possible that the box and cartridge were not originally together. But I agree that a picture of the inside of the box, showing the part number and cart/manual retention would be lovely.

21 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Well this has finally broken me. Lol. That's so awesome. Added to the list. Reminds me of the Ciro Investments ones I found in Canada. I wonder if there are other localized boxes we haven't seen. 

I would particularly expect that there are Arabic manuals, and Arabic boxes would not surprise me, though the Arabic consoles appear to be INTV System III vintage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

Hi Cmart,

Could you please post some pics of that games, when you’ll have some time? I’m very curious…

How many titles do you have?

Thanks!!!?

I had a feeling I'd posted them before and just found this...

That was a good thread...ahhh, memories. ?

1 hour ago, BSRSteve said:

I would particularly expect that there are Arabic manuals, and Arabic boxes would not surprise me, though the Arabic consoles appear to be INTV System III vintage.

Quite possibly, one can hope. 

39 minutes ago, Spadafermo51 said:

Inner box

hr s.jpeg

hr.jpeg

Thank you Spadafermo!
We could assume that the box could be made in Hong Kong.

The only other 0810 with the "G1" variant I'm aware of is the Auto Racing one.

Also, but right now I'm not at home and I can't check, it seems to me that normally there in a "-" between the numbers and the "G1", that in this case is missing...

Amzing that the Miliuonics version in printed, not like the Lifestyle electronics or the four CIRO Investmets that @cmart604 posted (thank you), that are with the white stiker.

If you have other nuggets like this one please keep on posting!!!

13 hours ago, cmart604 said:

I had a feeling I'd posted them before and just found this...

That was a good thread...ahhh, memories. ?

An excellent tread indeed! Thanks a lot!

However, if you could send us the pics of the interior of your CIRO games it would be great!

8 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Thank you Spadafermo!
We could assume that the box could be made in Hong Kong.

The only other 0810 with the "G1" variant I'm aware of is the Auto Racing one.

I have 0810 G1 boxes for Auto Racing and Horse Racing (though it is not from South Africa)