IGNORED

Intellivision Variants

Morpheus

38 minutes ago, sharkcharmer said:

Here are a couple more 125’s that aren’t listed on Funhouse, though I’m guessing they’re just oversights:

PGA Golf - USA-made “G1” style box:

a1i // PGA Golf // Pic 2.1 // Sealed (Mattel)

USCF Chess - HK “G1” style box:

a2j // USCF Chess // UK // Pic 1.1 // Sealed (Mattel)

Also, we have two HK “G1” style NBA Basketball’s - one with a bottom flap sticker, and one without (not sure if that really constitutes a “variant” of not, but here goes:

Sticker:

a1i // NBA Basketball // Pic 3.1 // Sealed (Mattel)

No bottom flap sticker (rough):

a1i // NBA Basketball // Pic 4.1 // Sealed (Mattel)

I can confirm that the Golf is 0910-G1 and has been reported to Funhouse, but he doesn't always get to stuff like that very promptly.

The HK Chess is a more recent discovery, I think. I first heard of it within the last couple of years (and do not have one)

The Basketballs are also 0910-G1. There is also a 0910-G2 box which has the text of the sticker printed on the box. The G2 box and the one with the sticker contain overlays printed in HK instead of USA.

3 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

I checked with someone in UK, and his Hockey and Boxing both have 710 numbers (but not US trayless), and his Auto Racing is a 610, as expected from the Aus version.

And in fact, I find I have a Australian Boxing, 0710 with Lifestyle Radofin sticker, which I had not properly cataloged in my spreadsheet.

2 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

There is also a 0910-G2 box which has the text of the sticker printed on the box. The G2 box and the one with the sticker contain overlays printed in HK instead of USA.

The 0910-G2 is made in HK or USA? You mean that the G2 has two variants? One with blue sticker on bottom flap and one with text printed on bottom flap?

13 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

And in fact, I find I have a Australian Boxing, 0710 with Lifestyle Radofin sticker, which I had not properly cataloged in my spreadsheet.

Added to the file! To date, we have only two games documented with both Radofin and Mattel Electronics HK stickers: Auto Racing and Soccer.

On 7/2/2021 at 10:13 AM, Morpheus said:

Thank you very much Shark.
Could you tell us if the NBA Basketball's you posted have or don't have the part number on the top flap and if the PN is on black background or not?

No part #’s on either top flap.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen a “-G1” style box with PN on top.

On 7/2/2021 at 10:32 AM, BSRSteve said:

I can confirm that the Golf is 0910-G1 and has been reported to Funhouse, but he doesn't always get to stuff like that very promptly.

The HK Chess is a more recent discovery, I think. I first heard of it within the last couple of years (and do not have one)

The Basketballs are also 0910-G1. There is also a 0910-G2 box which has the text of the sticker printed on the box. The G2 box and the one with the sticker contain overlays printed in HK instead of USA.

Some impressively deep knowledge, thanks!  

On 7/2/2021 at 7:22 PM, BSRSteve said:

Boxes with the PN on the top have the Keyboard Component text, as far as I know.

49 minutes ago, sharkcharmer said:

No part #’s on either top flap.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen a “-G1” style box with PN on top.

Yeah, you must be right… I had for NBA Basketball in my master spreadsheet :

#2615-0910-G1 - Plastic tray; PN on top on black background

it must be a copy and paste mistake…?

On 7/2/2021 at 10:32 AM, BSRSteve said:

Have you seen a 0910-G1 Chess? I have two copies, (one is sealed) that look like the one in Sharkcharmer's pic but mine is an 0910 HK

C3546369-A7D6-427E-B1F3-47E4431D4B3C.jpeg

B575B6D8-1F1E-4779-B689-D1963AC10D85.jpeg

13 hours ago, Morpheus said:

The 0910-G2 is made in HK or USA? You mean that the G2 has two variants? One with blue sticker on bottom flap and one with text printed on bottom flap?

Added to the file! To date, we have only two games documented with both Radofin and Mattel Electronics HK stickers: Auto Racing and Soccer.

I mean that there is a 0910-G1 box (for Basketball) that says everything is made in Hong Kong, and there is a 0910-G2 box (for Basketball) that has the everything in Hong Kong text on the bottom flap.

1 hour ago, cmart604 said:

Have you seen a 0910-G1 Chess? I have two copies, (one is sealed) that look like the one in Sharkcharmer's pic but mine is an 0910 HK

Since these were the first versions of Chess, they started with 0910 and I don't think they ever revised it. Not mentioning the keyboard component is not sufficient to get a G1 designation.

1 hour ago, BSRSteve said:

Since these were the first versions of Chess, they started with 0910 and I don't think they ever revised it. Not mentioning the keyboard component is not sufficient to get a G1 designation.

So we agree there isn't a G1 then? 

36 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

So we agree there isn't a G1 then? 

No evidence of a G1 box, only overlays, with a possibility of a manual (German and FrCan manuals are G1 and US English manuals are base and G3)

But, is there an international (slotted) or UK box or anything other than the HK and US 0910 boxes, the 0510 French Canadian and the Intellivision Inc box?

5 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

No evidence of a G1 box, only overlays, with a possibility of a manual (German and FrCan manuals are G1 and US English manuals are base and G3)

But, is there an international (slotted) or UK box or anything other than the HK and US 0910 boxes, the 0510 French Canadian and the Intellivision Inc box?

International box 0410

DSC_0462.JPG

DSC_0463.JPG

DSC_0464.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

Mauro beat me to it. There is a 0410 slotted back international one. 

3C8874DE-BF04-4795-B5DD-AB279028C586.jpeg

6 hours ago, cmart604 said:

Mauro beat me to it. There is a 0410 slotted back international one. 

3C8874DE-BF04-4795-B5DD-AB279028C586.jpeg

Your 0410 copy does not have the slots back for manual, right?

In such a case for Chess we would have three variants not listed in Intvfunhouse: the 0910 made in Hong Kong and the 0410 with and without slots back for manual.

I don't count the supposed 0910-G1 mentioned by Sharkcharmer (you have to open your sealed copy and check if it's a G1!!!)

20 hours ago, Morpheus said:

In such a case for Chess we would have three variants not listed in Intvfunhouse: the 0910 made in Hong Kong and the 0410 with and without slots back for manual.

I don't count the supposed 0910-G1 mentioned by Sharkcharmer (you have to open your sealed copy and check if it's a G1!!!)

you can recognize the 0410 without slots also from the internal view of the box.

The 0410 boxes with slots on back have two slots for the overlays inside the box as well, other than the larger one for the manual:

3C8874DE-BF04-4795-B5DD-AB279028C586.jpeg.e72fac8bf855ad8a34ed67c88ec1f525.jpeg

The 0410 boxes without slots on back don't have the two small slots for the overlays inside either:

s-l400 (1).jpg

s-l400 (2).jpg

s-l400 (3).jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

As Mike and Simone pointed out, yes my 0410 does have slots on the back. I haven't seen a no slot back 0410 for Chess

13 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

As Mike and Simone pointed out, yes my 0410 does have slots on the back. I haven't seen a no slot back 0410 for Chess

I always think that the no slot boxes were earlier ones. Than they decided to put in the slots to fix the manual better on the back and the ones for the overlays inside. Chess had quite a delay and came out late so it got only the later boxes.

1 hour ago, Intymike said:

I always think that the no slot boxes were earlier ones. Than they decided to put in the slots to fix the manual better on the back and the ones for the overlays inside. Chess had quite a delay and came out late so it got only the later boxes.

Yes, makes a lot of sense, I have some 0410 with and without slots back but not all games have this double option.

Which 0410 games are only with slots back?

Someone has a list?

9 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Yes, makes a lot of sense, I have some 0410 with and without slots back but not all games have this double option.

Which 0410 games are only with slots back?

Someone has a list?

which ones without slots do you have? We could start with combining our lists and see where that leads.

My list is here even though it's not exhaustive since I have two large lots stored in Italy I still have to catalog and I do remember with certainty there are games without slots on the back: