IGNORED

Intellivision Variants

Morpheus

15 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I have been reading through this thread a bit although I dont collect variants.

I was given 20 or so random boxed Intellivision games from an old friend. 

Only one caught my eye and I was wondering if one of you guys needed this box.

It has a little tear on the spine so to me it became worthless.

Any takers? Its free.

20210707_194720.jpg

20210707_194700.jpg

20210707_195621.jpg

Thanks a lot Wolfy!

What did you notice in this box?

I think I have it already unless there is a small detail I wasn’t aware of…

25 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Thanks a lot Wolfy!

What did you notice in this box?

I think I have it already unless there is a small detail I wasn’t aware of…

Nothing special other than it was a red box,fctvo and made in Hong Kong. 

I also got this one I dont need:

20210708_042219.jpg

20210708_042812.jpg

16 hours ago, Humblejack said:

Here are a few more with info to help your spreadsheet.

ASTROSMASH

1762870874_AstrosmashAustralia3.thumb.jpg.a0005af260a0ab9c3b213395399961e8.jpg

FROG BOG

2075583367_FrogBogAust.jpg.6c06f4dff74dae112cb18d833df3d259.jpg

TRON DD

1365457097_TronDDBottom.thumb.jpg.2bbe19d8206f0c7a2b4b3346610827db.jpg

SEA BATTLE WITH WHITE STICKER ON TOP FLAP AND A 0410 BOX

1561253922_SeaBattleAust.1.thumb.jpg.241264c01b655652ad8fbb5bcdb530c5.jpg

1589740195_SeaBattleAust..thumb.jpg.d261fabd7b358cf35b7d04424e79fa10.jpg

1385065899_SeaBattleAust.2.thumb.jpg.b989eafd5ba631cdcd542d35eeeab2a3.jpg

Thanks a lot Hankster!

The Frog Bog bottom sticker seems to be a bit different from the other we have already seen…

Out of the 34 games only 4 have still to be documented :

Horse Racing

Las Vegas Roulette

Sub Hunt

Triple Action

Only 8 have the top flap sticker so far

Only 5 have been spotted in both variants top and bottom flap sticker:

Basketball

Boxing

Night Stalker

Sea Battle

Skiing

Only two have been spotted so far with both bottom flap sticker manufactured by Mattel Electronics HK and Radofin:

Auto Racing

Soccer

Sunday I’ll post the updated file with all new entries.

40 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Nothing special other than it was a red box,fctvo and made in Hong Kong. 

FCTVVO means the For Color T.V. Viewing Only text is in the main artwork, rather than at the bottom, as it is on this box (and every other box from Mattel, at least for the US market).

The Space Battle boxes which mention the keyboard component are all Red. Not sure how common they are, especially US vs HK.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Hi @BSRSteve, I just bough a ML Baseball 0710-G1 that has the blue sticker made in HK. The manual is 0920-G1 printed in USA.

It’s not listed in Intvfunhouse but I found it in your list. However, if I interpret correctly your acronyms, it seems to me that your copy is without the sticker. Do you confirm ?

0B761809-8BEB-45A4-87D2-E3E0F226948A.thumb.jpeg.99ffd3828aedf8a3614c18f263597459.jpegC0D3ACF9-B35B-440C-8E29-0B6535507947.thumb.jpeg.047e79b38ffca1093b3e13a1efbc0b55.jpeg

I certainly haven't noticed a sticker. I will have to dig it out and check, I guess. I find it odd that the sticker does not indicate where the manual was printed. I also have never seen any indication that the manual and cartridge could come from different paces (at least in the HK/USA versions), so the USA manual doesn't feel like a good fit for the box. I take it you don't physically have it yet? Is there a picture that shows the origin on the cartridge?

13 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

I certainly haven't noticed a sticker. I will have to dig it out and check, I guess. I find it odd that the sticker does not indicate where the manual was printed. I also have never seen any indication that the manual and cartridge could come from different paces (at least in the HK/USA versions), so the USA manual doesn't feel like a good fit for the box. I take it you don't physically have it yet? Is there a picture that shows the origin on the cartridge?

Hi Steve,

Yes, the manual printed in the US is very suspect… As soon as I will receive the game I will check the cartridge...

On 7/11/2021 at 11:43 AM, Morpheus said:

Hi Steve,

Yes, the manual printed in the US is very suspect… As soon as I will receive the game I will check the cartridge...

Actually, I notice now that it is a trayless box, which would imply a US box under the sticker. That sticker is quite odd.

On 7/13/2021 at 1:40 AM, BSRSteve said:

Actually, I notice now that it is a trayless box, which would imply a US box under the sticker. That sticker is quite odd.

Yes, quite weird, the seller told me that he didn’t mix anything.
As soon as I get the game I’ll post the cartridge, it looks like we have a new variant…

On 6/27/2021 at 11:25 AM, BSRSteve said:

My first reaction is that it is unlikely that Backgammon is the only game with this difference. The first thing I will check in my collection is the Basketball and Space Battle 0910-G2 boxes that I have. I have never investigated the difference between the G1 and G2 boxes on those.

So.  .  .  in an effort to satisfy my curiosity, I bought the following opened 1118-0910-G1 imposter, which has the same variation to text of the third line of the bottom flap as the unopened one I shared a couple weeks ago:

a2j // APBA Backgammon // UK // Pic 2.1 // Sealed (Mattel)

z2j // APBA Backgammon // UK // Pic 2.6 // Sealed (Mattel)

Impossible to know if the cart, booklet and overlays are all from this box, but here are those items:

w2j // APBA Backgammon // UK // Pic 2.5 // Sealed (Mattel)

More Pics:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWdHqwh

Incidentally, I bought this from a seller in Canada.  .  .

1 hour ago, sharkcharmer said:

So.  .  .  in an effort to satisfy my curiosity, I bought the following opened 1118-0910-G1 imposter, which has the same variation to text of the third line of the bottom flap as the unopened one I shared a couple weeks ago:

a2j // APBA Backgammon // UK // Pic 2.1 // Sealed (Mattel)

z2j // APBA Backgammon // UK // Pic 2.6 // Sealed (Mattel)

Impossible to know if the cart, booklet and overlays are all from this box, but here are those items:

w2j // APBA Backgammon // UK // Pic 2.5 // Sealed (Mattel)

More Pics:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWdHqwh

Incidentally, I bought this from a seller in Canada.  .  .

Excellent initiative !

It’s the international version 0810 with ABPA logo, without slots back for manuals, not listed in Intvfunhouse but quite common since I have one copy too…

To me it looks like manual and cartridge are matching the box.

28 minutes ago, intellivotion said:

when you think you're done with a set of variants, it might then happen that you realize you were wrong:

20210724_153351.jpg

20210724_153430.jpg

Very interesting !!!

On Intvfunhouse is written that the box has the sticker for Digiplay address and  that the Digimed info are printed directly on it.

You first game it’s exactly the opposite and the other two are just Digiplay directly printed (with different addresses and bottom text): version that seems to be more common than the printed or sticked Digimed ones…

It would be nice to see if the Intvfunhouse version exists or not…

How did you get those nice games btw?

as far as I know, also the variant #2 (Digiplay, Rua Acará) with a sticker with the same address printed on variant #3 (Av. Açai) exists.

For the moment I'm happy with those three though, lol

You need to know someone who lives there or to look for resellers.

18 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Very interesting !!!

On Intvfunhouse is written that the box has the sticker for Digiplay address and  that the Digimed info are printed directly on it.

You first game it’s exactly the opposite and the other two are just Digiplay directly printed (with different addresses and bottom text): version that seems to be more common than the printed or sticked Digimed ones…

It would be nice to see if the Intvfunhouse version exists or not…

How did you get those nice games btw?

anyway, I think the version mentioned on Intvfunhouse.com is exactly the first copy of the three: "back cover has sticker for Digiplay address and Digimed info printed directly on it (the box)"

20 minutes ago, intellivotion said:

anyway, I think the version mentioned on Intvfunhouse.com is exactly the first copy of the three: "back cover has sticker for Digiplay address and Digimed info printed directly on it (the box)"

You are right!!! I inverted them!??

42 minutes ago, intellivotion said:

as far as I know, also the variant #2 (Digiplay, Rua Acará) with a sticker with the same address printed on variant #3 (Av. Açai) exists.

For the moment I feel I'm satisfied with those three though, lol

You need to know someone who lives there or to look for resellers.

In the very nice @Intellivision Brasilwebsite (http://intellivisionbrasil.com.br/en_Menu-Soft-Oficiais.html) is reported:

"In Brazil, some cartridges manufactured by Digiplay bring the time-limited version used in the "$100,000 Astrosmash Shootoff!" and on the TV POWW program. It is not known why this version was released in Brazil. One of these cartridges displays the manufacturing information "8447" on the chip (47th week of 1984, which represents the week between 11/19 and 11/25/1984, 10 months after Mattel Electronics' bankruptcy)."

You should check if one of your games is the time limited version!?

PS

My Brazilian contact has just moved back to Italy !?

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2021 at 5:40 PM, Morpheus said:

In the very nice @Intellivision Brasilwebsite (http://intellivisionbrasil.com.br/en_Menu-Soft-Oficiais.html) is reported:

"In Brazil, some cartridges manufactured by Digiplay bring the time-limited version used in the "$100,000 Astrosmash Shootoff!" and on the TV POWW program. It is not known why this version was released in Brazil. One of these cartridges displays the manufacturing information "8447" on the chip (47th week of 1984, which represents the week between 11/19 and 11/25/1984, 10 months after Mattel Electronics' bankruptcy)."

PS

thank you for reminding me of that!! I actually forgot it. I will definitely check them and let you know.

On 7/24/2021 at 5:40 PM, Morpheus said:

PS

yes!!!

2 of the 3 copies I have have the Astrosmash Shootoff ROM variant

20210728_094500.jpg

• Like 2

well, there are two cases: either the copies with the Astrosmash Shootoff ROM variant aren't rare at all or I was lucky like Learning_Fun_Bill.

Apart from jokes, I believe they are not rare. Let's see if others who own a copy of Digiplay Astrosmash find the ROM variant.

• Like 2