IGNORED

Intellivision Variants

Morpheus

22 hours ago, Morpheus said:

World Championship Baseball has two variants, reported on Intvfunhouse.

Actually, Intvfunhouse actually lists three variants for the box bottom, just doesn't make a new main entry for one of them.  Additionally, I have boxes with white cardboard and also with grey cardboard, which INTVFunhouse specifically excludes.

Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 11.52.15 AM.png

Edited by BSRSteve
  • Like 1

DINER exists with and without a bar code, and with and without the NEW sticker.

PAC-MAN exists with and without 1-2 player text, and the 1-2 player text version exists with and without the UPC code. I don't have the UPC code box, but I have both of the other boxes with and without the NEW sticker. Of course, there is also an Atarisoft box.

SUPER PRO FOOTBALL exists without a UPC code and with or without the NEW sticker. It also exists with a UPC code which may be oriented so that the UPC code is on the left or on the right with the box face up.

2 hours ago, Kamikazi26 said:

I’m not sure I would consider game boxes with or without the red « New » stickers as box variants. 

Yeah, I understand your doubts…

As far as I’m concerned, I’m missing that fourth variant and I well know that if I’ll find it I’ll buy it!!!?

Wouldn’t you ?

That makes it a variant…

Actually, any one knows why some Intv Corp games came out with that "New" sticker??? What was new???

37 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Yeah, I understand your doubts…

As far as I’m concerned, I’m missing that fourth variant and I well know that if I’ll find it I’ll buy it!!!?

Wouldn’t you ?

That makes it a variant…

Actually, any one knows why some Intv Corp games came out with that "New" sticker??? What was new???

Some intellivision inc games came with the “New” sticker as well. 

44 minutes ago, BSRSteve said:

DINER exists with and without a bar code, and with and without the NEW sticker.

PAC-MAN exists with and without 1-2 player text, and the 1-2 player text version exists with and without the UPC code. I don't have the UPC code box, but I have both of the other boxes with and without the NEW sticker. Of course, there is also an Atarisoft box.

SUPER PRO FOOTBALL exists without a UPC code and with or without the NEW sticker. It also exists with a UPC code which may be oriented so that the UPC code is on the left or on the right with the box face up.

That’s great Steve!

The DINER’s only version listed in Intvfunhouse is the one with barcode and the "New" sticker. It would be cool one day to get some pictures of the other three new variants…

The Pac-Man version WITHOUT "for 1 or 2 players" AND the UPC bar code is also a new entry not listed in Intvfunhouse!

Concerning Super Pro Football, it seems to me that all variants of bottom flaps are well listed, but the only image of the front box is without the "NEW" sticker, quite common indeed…

Hey All, 

I bought an HK, KBC referenced Checkers recently - it appeared to be an opportunity to upgrade the one in our collection.  When it arrived, I discovered a slight variation to the bottom-flap text:

Our existing copy (Sticker indicating Overlays & Catalog printed in the USA?

a1j // Checkers // Pic 3.1 // Sealed (Mattel)

Our new copy (No sticker, only Overlays printed in the USA):

a1j // Checkers // Pic 4.1 // Sealed (Mattel)

My guess would be that these copies are the same, and that the sticker was placed on subsequent copies is a correction?  But I have no idea, really.  .  .

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sharkcharmer said:

Hey All, 

I bought an HK, KBC referenced Checkers recently - it appeared to be an opportunity to upgrade the one in our collection.  When it arrived, I discovered a slight variation to the bottom-flap text:

My guess would be that these copies are the same, and that the sticker was placed on subsequent copies is a correction?  But I have no idea, really.  .  .

The "standard" Hong Kong box for all games, includes cartridge, manual and catalog printed in HK, and overlays printed in USA, as your sticker-less Checkers indicates.  Some games got US catalogs in HK boxes and have the sticker you have here. There is another sticker for a few other games that leave off the overlays printed in USA - these games have Hong Kong overlays (only a few games, Basketball is one, not sure off-hand of the others - Soccer, Maybe?).  These box bottom stickers are in the same color as the box.

I call this sticker CatStick in my spreadsheet (for Catalog Sticker) and I do not have this one recorded.  I assume it is a 0910 box?

Edited by BSRSteve
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, sharkcharmer said:

Hey All, 

Thanks !

That means that for the 1120-0910 made in Hong Kong we have actually the two variants that you posted!??

• Like 1

I have the CatStick on Armor Battle, Electric Company Math Fun, Horse Racing, NBA Basketball, PGA Gold and NASL Soccer on the boxes with keyboard component text, and for NFL Football and NASL Soccer without the keyboard text.

I have the HKStick (everything from HK) on the non-keyboard text boxes for NBA Basketball, the 0910-G1 Space Battle, the 0910-G2 Space Battle. Also the keyboard component text 0910-G1 box for NASL Soccer and the 0410 international boxes for Soccer and Space Battle and a 0410 box for Basketball that also has a Lifestyle Electronics sticker on the top.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BSRSteve said:

The "standard" Hong Kong box for all games, includes cartridge, manual and catalog printed in HK, and overlays printed in USA, as your sticker-less Checkers indicates.  Some games got US catalogs in HK boxes and have the sticker you have here. There is another sticker for a few other games that leave off the overlays printed in USA - these games have Hong Kong overlays (only a few games, Basketball is one, not sure off-hand of the others - Soccer, Maybe?).  These box bottom stickers are in the same color as the box.

I call this sticker CatStick in my spreadsheet (for Catalog Sticker) and I do not have this one recorded.  I assume it is a 0910 box?

That's super interesting (to me, which if I could get to the root of this, it might save me a lot of $$).  Thanks for the info!  The box appears to be a 0910, but it's unopened so not 100% sure.  .  .