IGNORED

Intellivision Variants

Morpheus

On 8/22/2021 at 1:51 PM, Morpheus said:

The DINER’s only version listed in Intvfunhouse is the one with barcode and the "New" sticker. It would be cool one day to get some pictures of the other three new variants…

Here are the boxes without the UPC code.

The only Diner box I have with the UPC code is this one that was converted to a Slap Shot Super Pro Hockey box. Did those make it out in the world? We tried removing the sticker from one, but the remaining box did not clean up very well.

DinerBoxes - 1.jpeg

DinerBoxes - 2.jpeg

1 hour ago, BSRSteve said:

The only Diner box I have with the UPC code is this one that was converted to a Slap Shot Super Pro Hockey box. Did those make it out in the world? We tried removing the sticker from one, but the remaining box did not clean up very well.

DinerBoxes - 1.jpeg

DinerBoxes - 2.jpeg

Like this?

ECA92B69-FD86-41BF-A6E3-D4B1EECEF3E7.jpeg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Humblejack said:

The left one has a cut out portion between the back retaining clips.

Yup.  The left one is the bottom plate to the KC Printer Interface (the notch is for the ribbon cable).  The right one is the bottom plate to the KC BASIC cartridge.

Both used the same part number.  The notch in the left one was added manually or by machine after the part came out of the mold.  I wonder how many (or few) of these parts got the ribbon cable notch.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

DinerBoxes - 1.jpeg

DinerBoxes - 2.jpeg

8 hours ago, Kamikazi26 said:

Like this?

ECA92B69-FD86-41BF-A6E3-D4B1EECEF3E7.jpeg

Thanks a lot for the pics!

I can’t believe that Intv Corp could put into the market a Slap Shot with such a box!!!

However, I don’t see neither someone making such a sticker to store a loose Slap Shot cartridge.

Is there a sticker with Slap Shot on the box spine too at least?

How many of them do you have @BSRSteve?

2 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Ohhhh,  I have the same box.  Am I rich?  ;)   

Previous owner took such good care of it except for the attempted price tag removal.

Image.jpeg

Well, that is the one that is listed on INTVFunhouse, and I think that the Repro boxes were also of that style, so I doubt it is necessarily more rare than the other box. But Diner is not a cheap one, any way.

7 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Thanks a lot for the pics!

I can’t believe that Intv Corp could put into the market a Slap Shot with such a box!!!

However, I don’t see neither someone making such a sticker to store a loose Slap Shot cartridge.

Is there a sticker with Slap Shot on the box spine too at least?

How many of them do you have @BSRSteve?

In Keith Robinson's stuff, there were three boxes with the Slap Shot sticker/manual cover pasted on. Two of the boxes were Diner and one was a Night Stalker box. We tried to see if we could clean the boxes, but the first two did not come out well, so I left the last one alone. 

26 minutes ago, BSRSteve said:

Well, that is the one that is listed on INTVFunhouse, and I think that the Repro boxes were also of that style, so I doubt it is necessarily more rare than the other box. But Diner is not a cheap one, any way.

Not that it would matter.  I parted with my Intv games as a teen and regretted it.  Cannot see every selling them again.  I can't bring myself to even toss non-functional duplicates now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

In Keith Robinson's stuff, there were three boxes with the Slap Shot sticker/manual cover pasted on. Two of the boxes were Diner and one was a Night Stalker box. We tried to see if we could clean the boxes, but the first two did not come out well, so I left the last one alone. 

May be he was working on a new box for Slap Shot…

23 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

Yup.  The left one is the bottom plate to the KC Printer Interface (the notch is for the ribbon cable).  The right one is the bottom plate to the KC BASIC cartridge.

Both used the same part number.  The notch in the left one was added manually or by machine after the part came out of the mold.  I wonder how many (or few) of these parts got the ribbon cable notch.

Planned to post this bit earlier but spaced on it.

Anyways, here's a close-up.  You can clearly see that the notch was cut out after the part was first manufactured.

213942490_KCPrinterInterfaceTeardown(21).thumb.jpg.f2e304b5afe19a698f900f0f50a4282b.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Hi Folks!

Tonight (CET) I found this interesting copy of Carnival on etsy, already sold of course! ?

Guess it’s some rare variant French Canadian, any one has some more info about?

84CDD265-8478-4CB0-8AA3-9A2F01EA5FB0.jpeg

Yep..we know of it..A few of us have one now. And I know who bought the one you posted (not me). 

see here for all the info.

Edited by Kamikazi26

I think we have visual confirmation of five copies of the FC Carnival in the plain white box:

FiveWhiteCarnivals.thumb.jpg.823960c7695f502ad68e078b30b16880.jpg

From Left to Right:

1) @BigDumer bought in a lot in Vancouver. Traded to @cmart604

2) @Kamikazi26 bought from a pawn shop in Saskatchewan which is where the one posted on the Facebook Intellivision Retro Buy & Sell group ended up. Was then sold on IntellivisionCollector to ?

3) @Kamikazi26 saw this on a maxsold auction in Toronto, buyer is unknown.

4) @Kamikazi26 bought in a lot. Presumably he still owns because...look at it...it's sexy!

5) Posted by @Morpheus from an etsy auction. @Kamikazi26 knows the buyer.

Edited by BigDumer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BigDumer said:

I think we have visual confirmation of five copies of the FC Carnival in the plain white box:

FiveWhiteCarnivals.thumb.jpg.823960c7695f502ad68e078b30b16880.jpg

From Left to Right:

1) @BigDumer bought in a lot in Vancouver. Traded to @cmart604

2) @Kamikazi26 bought from a pawn shop in Saskatchewan which is where the one posted on the Facebook Intellivision Retro Buy & Sell group ended up. Was then sold on IntellivisionCollector to ?

3) @Kamikazi26 saw this on a maxsold auction in Toronto, buyer is unknown.

4) @Kamikazi26 bought in a lot. Presumably he still owns because...look at it...it's sexy!

5) Posted by @Morpheus from an etsy auction. @Kamikazi26 knows the buyer.

No......there is another....

• Like 2