IGNORED

Intellivision Variants

Morpheus

27 minutes ago, Spadafermo51 said:

Another Mattel game find from South Africa, Pga Golf, this time complete and in good condition.

DSC_0121.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

G complet.jpg

DSC_0127.JPG

Truly fantastic !!!

Congratulations!!!

And thanks a lot for sharing !?

Funny that they completely removed the For Color TV only from the box…

This is the second one documented after Horse Racing.

There must be quite a lot out there, and I’m sure that we will find them little by little!?

After another new find that I almost let slip through my hands, I would like to comment about trays and without trays in US boxes that don't mention the keyboard component.

Thanks to @Morpheus who asked me some questions about a variation I had posted on eBay, which caused me to double-check and notice that I actually did not already have that one. In a lot I had recently purchased, there was an Armor Battle, made in the USA, no mention of Keyboard Component, with a plastic tray. I call this GFUS (as opposed to GFUSKC or GFUSNT). This is the tenth GFUS game I have in my collection, after Space Battle, NFL Football, Major League Baseball, PGA Golf, Tennis, US Ski Team Skiing, PBA Bowling, Space Armada and Boxing.

Are there more?

Of those games, I have not seen a PGA Golf in a GFUSNT. All the rest were released both ways.

I have also not seen any US boxes that don't mention the keyboard component for LV Poker/Blackjack, NBA Basketball, NASL Soccer, Checkers, Horse Racing, Las Vegas Roulette, NHL Hockey, ABPA Backgammon Math Fun, or Word Fun.

36 minutes ago, Spadafermo51 said:

No, it's the 0820 English edition, reprinted with the code and copyright obscured (verified by Simone).

DSC_0129.JPG

DSC_0130.JPG

Interesting. They used an ACE UK manual. Cool. Love that we're still finding stuff after all these years, keeps it interesting 

4 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

After another new find that I almost let slip through my hands, I would like to comment about trays and without trays in US boxes that don't mention the keyboard component.

Thanks to @Morpheus who asked me some questions about a variation I had posted on eBay, which caused me to double-check and notice that I actually did not already have that one. In a lot I had recently purchased, there was an Armor Battle, made in the USA, no mention of Keyboard Component, with a plastic tray. I call this GFUS (as opposed to GFUSKC or GFUSNT). This is the tenth GFUS game I have in my collection, after Space Battle, NFL Football, Major League Baseball, PGA Golf, Tennis, US Ski Team Skiing, PBA Bowling, Space Armada and Boxing.

Are there more?

Of those games, I have not seen a PGA Golf in a GFUSNT. All the rest were released both ways.

I have also not seen any US boxes that don't mention the keyboard component for LV Poker/Blackjack, NBA Basketball, NASL Soccer, Checkers, Horse Racing, Las Vegas Roulette, NHL Hockey, ABPA Backgammon Math Fun, or Word Fun.

Yes,

It has been cool today to discover this new variant of Armor Battle together!?

If my Intellivision variants mega excel file is correct @sharkcharmer should have the PGA golf that you are looking for…

16 hours ago, Kamikazi26 said:

Well Cmart, we can add “Metlionics” (along with Aurimat) to our subset hunting now.  ?

gotta find a contact in South Africa now. ?

you should add the very elusive Ciro Investments as well.

In this case you don't even need to find a local contact ?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Intymike said:

It's on the official list of worldwide distributors. 

IMG_9671.thumb.jpeg.568a53cc56ff9f9c1c018b062d3fcf83.jpeg

Interesting page! Thanks!

I wonder why the most important distributors like Lifestyle Electronics, Aurimat, Digiplay or Ciro Investments are missing… Weren’t they distributors too?

I don’t think that all distributors listed in that page did modify the box like Metilionics did or even put a sticker like the others above…

But we have already a Primary Focus sticker, posted by @cmart604 while I was typing this post!?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Interesting page! Thanks!

I wonder why the most important distributors like Lifestyle Electronics, Aurimat, Digiplay or Ciro Investments are missing… Weren’t they distributors too?

I don’t think that all distributors listed in that page did modify the box like Metilionics did or even put a sticker like the others above…

But we have already a Primary Focus sticker, posted by @cmart604 while I was typing this post!?

afaik, some distributors simply added a manual in local language to boxes made for foreign markets without putting any sticker on the box.

So the manual is localized and comes with distributor's name and, on the contrary, the box doesn't have any identifying mark.

That's what happened, for example, in Sweden with Lilliehook Electronic AB (=LEAB).

750367724_ADD-SWEDISH.jpg.aa43358bce97810e45a32691a48686e1.jpg

(courtesy of Steve Jones)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, intellivotion said:

afaik, some distributors simply added a manual in local language to boxes made for foreign markets without putting any sticker on the box.

So the manual is localized and comes with distributor's name and, on the contrary, the box doesn't have any identifying mark.

That's what happened, for example, in Sweden with Lilliehook Electronic AB (=LEAB).

750367724_ADD-SWEDISH.jpg.aa43358bce97810e45a32691a48686e1.jpg

(courtesy of Steve Jones)

Thank you very much Simone !

I didn’t reach the "manual" collecting level yet (I did already ruin myself  with the box and cartridge variants) so to me it makes a lot of sense!?

Hi Folks!

Today I bought a Major League Baseball 0710-G1 made in USA, after the 0710-G1 made in Hong Kong that I bought in July. Also this one is not reported in Intvefunhouse but I found it in the @BSRSteve one. However, in your list Steve I can read in the Cart column "HKlogo". Mine doesn't have it.

It's a mismatch (mine or yours) or a subvariant of that 0710-G1 made in USA variant?

678754662_MLB0710-G1USABox.thumb.jpg.c59e5c57c5bbb2a2f4f1d93d09a21f86.jpg

1388775072_MLB0710-G1USACartridge.thumb.jpg.6b7e21fea0817561b16910f01bf2429d.jpg

Hey Steve, by the way, the game I bought is missing the overlays, if you have those that match with that variant I would be happy to buy them! Thanks!

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

Hi Folks!

Today I bought a Major League Baseball 0710-G1 made in USA, after the 0710-G1 made in Hong Kong that I bought in July. Also this one is not reported in Intvefunhouse but I found it in the @BSRSteve one. However, in your list Steve I can read in the Cart column "HKlogo". Mine doesn't have it.

It's a mismatch (mine or yours) or a subvariant of that 0710-G1 made in USA variant?

678754662_MLB0710-G1USABox.thumb.jpg.c59e5c57c5bbb2a2f4f1d93d09a21f86.jpg

1388775072_MLB0710-G1USACartridge.thumb.jpg.6b7e21fea0817561b16910f01bf2429d.jpg

Hey Steve, by the way, the game I bought is missing the overlays, if you have those that match with that variant I would be happy to buy them! Thanks!

HKLogo cart in a US box is a mismatch. I just don't have enough US carts for my US boxes.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Long time we don’t get some new stuff… Hope to read from you soon!?

I found this Intellivoice manual on Ebay that has the Made in Hong Kong written in French: Imprime a Hong Kong, but the rest of leaflet is in English.

There is also Mattel Canada.

Is this the manual of French Canadian version of the Intellivoice?

I have some doubts because I would expect more French text…

Unfortunately the picture on Ebay is low res and the SN is not readable…0A6C6681-C72C-440D-A289-5DA927FCB3C4.thumb.jpeg.80e3abf6cc68d1af486c97f415161966.jpeg9BC20BEC-B73A-4618-BE9C-40A5BF04AE40.thumb.jpeg.a9ecac9bf1762a3fabb5ed142c322a3c.jpeg

On 8/24/2021 at 6:46 PM, BSRSteve said:

Here are the boxes without the UPC code.

The only Diner box I have with the UPC code is this one that was converted to a Slap Shot Super Pro Hockey box. Did those make it out in the world? We tried removing the sticker from one, but the remaining box did not clean up very well.

DinerBoxes - 1.jpeg

DinerBoxes - 2.jpeg

I picked up hundreds of carts from JHC around 1995/96  and almost all of the Super Pro stuff came in Diner and SP Skiing boxes with a photo copy of the correct box stuck to it.

I had so many diner and sp skiing boxed I never wanted to see them again!  LOL

The real bummer was the 8 SP Skiing carts I purchased had the Original Skiing in the box.  I didn't know this at first.  I sold one on ebay and the buyer told me...  OUCH!

I then opened the others and :(  all just Skiing... No super pro's in the lot.   And my spiker cart had some strange stuck on label with a cracked non working board inside.  Very rare... Make an offer!  LOL

I sold most of this stuff Buy It Now.  With the goal to complete my collection.  I did pretty well filling in the gaps with this huge hall and trading stuff.

Once I completed my collection ( less a working spiker ) I traded the remaining games for a Body Slam and a Colecovision console and a few games with it.

I was happy to get my money back and fill in my missing games.  Got tired of going to UPS 2 or 3 times a week.  Can you imagine I sold a few stadium mud buggies for $30 Buy it now.   But I made a few dollars and was happy to keep one for myself. 

I later found just an unformed Mud Buggies box.  I put it on ebay for $3 and it sold for $80+  I kept emailing the bidders, you see this is just a box and instructions with NO cart.  Yet the price kept going up...

I was then thinking, maybe my B I N $30 on the other Mud Buggies was a mistake?  LOL

Anyway, I am certain most of this stuff is in CMART's house now.

3 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

I picked up hundreds of carts from JHC around 1995/96  and almost all of the Super Pro stuff came in Diner and SP Skiing boxes with a photo copy of the correct box stuck to it.

The real bummer was the 8 SP Skiing carts I purchased had the Original Skiing in the box.  I didn't know this at first.  I sold one on ebay and the buyer told me...  OUCH!

I then opened the others and :(  all just Skiing... No super pro's in the lot.   And my spiker cart had some strange stuck on label with a cracked non working board inside.  Very rare... Make an offer!  LOL

I sold most of this stuff Buy It Now.  With the goal to complete my collection.  I did pretty well filling in the gaps with this huge hall and trading stuff.

Once I completed my collection ( less a working spiker ) I traded the remaining games for a Body Slam and a Colecovision console and a few games with it.

I was happy to get my money back and fill in my missing games.  Got tired of going to UPS 2 or 3 times a week.  Can you imagine I sold a few stadium mud buggies for $30 Buy it now.   But I made a few dollars and was happy to keep one for myself. 

I later found just an unformed Mud Buggies box.  I put it on ebay for $3 and it sold for $80+  I kept emailing the bidders, you see this is just a box and instructions with NO cart.  Yet the price kept going up...

I was then thinking, maybe my B I N $30 on the other Mud Buggies was a mistake?  LOL

Haha. I'm pretty sure I bought some

back then. Funny story, I once bought a CIB Skiing that came with a Skiing cart and a second cart loose in the box and it was Mountain Madness. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

lol

SMB for $30!

That's what could happen in the good old days. When with a bit of luck one could buy all the Super Pro sport games for 25 Euros each (from SP Football to Body Slam for the same price... true story!) and didn't feel like being a thief