IGNORED

Intellivision Variants

Morpheus

21 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Hi Folks,

Long time we don’t get some new stuff… Hope to read from you soon!?

I found this Intellivoice manual on Ebay that has the Made in Hong Kong written in French: Imprime a Hong Kong, but the rest of leaflet is in English.

There is also Mattel Canada.

Is this the manual of French Canadian version of the Intellivoice?

I have some doubts because I would expect more French text…

Unfortunately the picture on Ebay is low res and the SN is not readable…0A6C6681-C72C-440D-A289-5DA927FCB3C4.thumb.jpeg.80e3abf6cc68d1af486c97f415161966.jpeg9BC20BEC-B73A-4618-BE9C-40A5BF04AE40.thumb.jpeg.a9ecac9bf1762a3fabb5ed142c322a3c.jpeg

They just didn't show you the other side of the manual:

IntellivoiceFrCan.jpg

IntellivoiceFrCan (2).jpg

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Omnibro said:

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Intellivision Inc. variations are getting a bit scarce?

Good to read from you Dude!

Well, it is true that in the last two/three weeks I haven’t seen anything interesting around…

And it is since one year that I’m waiting for a nice MotU II CIB!

I have actually a question for the lucky owners of that variant : on Intvfunhouse it is written that the II version came out without the comics book, but the image on the front cover has the yellow circle stating that inside there is the book.

So, is there or not the comics book in the II variant?

Gotta be ready to understand if the next II MotU that will appear on the web for sale is CIB or NOT!??

28 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Well, it is true that in the last two/three weeks I haven’t seen anything interesting around…

I have actually a question for the lucky owners of that variant : on Intvfunhouse it is written that the II version came out without the comics book, but the image on the front cover has the yellow circle stating that inside there is the book.

Gotta be ready to understand if the next II MotU that will appear on the web for sale is CIB or NOT!??

I think someone would have to open a sealed one at this point.  I added a comic to mine.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Come on Cmart, don’t be greedy!

You have just to sacrify one of your three or four sealed copies you certainly have…

A small thing for you a big step forward for the community knowledge!?

Lol. If someone wants to pay me $500 I'll do it. ?

5 hours ago, cmart604 said:

Lol. If someone wants to pay me $500 I'll do it. ?

It could be an option, but we all know that we are not motivated by the cash, but by the passion…

So, to contribute me too, I can propose a kind of trade: you open a sealed (and possibly MINT) copy of MotU II to let the world know if there is the comic inside or not and I open a sealed B17 Bomber to see if, by chance, we discover a new variant of the cartridge’s label!?

You may argue that it’s not exactly the same, sure, but if we compare our sacrifices to our respective collections it’s probably same same!

I forgot, it would be better if you open three or four sealed MotU II just to have a statistically relevant study!?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, intellivotion said:

the French version is definitely the most uncommon of the three existing boxes with that artwork (English, German and French) and for some reason it's very often damaged.

The scar on the back might have an interesting story to hear but it hurts to see it anyway.

I took mine out of the shrinkwrap to let it breathe but still some warping 

258343A5-3271-4771-AC18-8457AB34065F.jpeg

F1425E3A-2CEC-4A72-A842-98FCA78AD3AB.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/15/2021 at 12:47 PM, Morpheus said:

What exactly are you trying to convey with this "And it is since one year that I’m waiting for a nice MotU II CIB! ", the "II". There is no such thing as a "II" version. There are four versions, that I have catalogued in my Picture Data Base,  4689-0210 (L001) GENERIC, ( Which I own, complete with Comic Book), 4689-0210 (L003), Which is the Singapore Version, The Intellivision Inc. Version, (4689-0210), Singapore, and the Brazilian DigiPlay version.

AB57D331-9870-4FE1-93E3-22F3EBB5C60E.thumb.jpeg.dc3d7caf49c9c32d8a173216497002aa.jpeg