Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I was going through a pile of Donkey Kong cartridges I had and noticed that there are three cartridge case variations among what I had in that batch. All of those had the same label. The (assumed) earliest had no markings on the back. Then an "Insert other side up" sticker was attached to the back, and finally "Insert other side up" was put in the plastic. The first of these cartridges had a flat front, while the other two had an indent on the front side at the insert. A cart with a different label had the indent without the sticker. I have one DK tan cart, with the insert text in the plastic. That cart has no label on it at all.

DK-Col-cartBacks.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

I was going through a pile of Donkey Kong cartridges I had and noticed that there are three cartridge case variations among what I had in that batch. All of those had the same label. The (assumed) earliest had no markings on the back. Then an "Insert other side up" sticker was attached to the back, and finally "Insert other side up" was put in the plastic. The first of these cartridges had a flat front, while the other two had an indent on the front side at the insert. A cart with a different label had the indent without the sticker. I have one DK tan cart, with the insert text in the plastic. That cart has no label on it at all.

DK-Col-cartBacks.jpg

Hi Steve,

Thank you for sharing with us this interesting point, not mentioned at all on Intvfunhouse.

I did check the cartridge of the only not sealed DK I have and it has the sticker.

Then, I have a white Carnival cartridge that has the insert text in the plastic.

I wonder if there are also white cartridges with the sticker or nothing at all…

Most of my Coleco/CBS are sealed so I can’t check…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2021 at 3:29 AM, Morpheus said:

The 0910-G2 is made in HK or USA? You mean that the G2 has two variants? One with blue sticker on bottom flap and one with text printed on bottom flap?

 

Added to the file! To date, we have only two games documented with both Radofin and Mattel Electronics HK stickers: Auto Racing and Soccer.

Purchased This Basketball 0910-G2 off of Ebay earlier in the summer for a steal of $15.00 US, but the shipping from England almost doubled the cost. It became the second group of pictures for this variant, for "The Intellivision 125 Project Picture database'", that has been ongoing for the last year and a half.

Basketball BX Mattel 2615-0910 G2 KBC HK 1980-3a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2021 at 7:54 AM, Morpheus said:

Your 0410 copy does not have the slots back for manual, right?

 

In such a case for Chess we would have three variants not listed in Intvfunhouse: the 0910 made in Hong Kong and the 0410 with and without slots back for manual.

 

I don't count the supposed 0910-G1 mentioned by Sharkcharmer (you have to open your sealed copy and check if it's a G1!!!)

 

Box versions are as follows: 0910 USA, 0910 HK, 0410 International, French Canadian 0510, and the Intellivision Inc.version. If someone can find me an open box of the 0410 International version without slots, and post photos of the Front, Back and inside, to confirm it exists, it would be a tremendous help to completing the "125 Project, Intellivision Picture database".

 

Edited by Wizewonathome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2021 at 2:28 PM, Morpheus said:

Hi @BSRSteve, I just bough a ML Baseball 0710-G1 that has the blue sticker made in HK. The manual is 0920-G1 printed in USA.

It’s not listed in Intvfunhouse but I found it in your list. However, if I interpret correctly your acronyms, it seems to me that your copy is without the sticker. Do you confirm ?

 

0B761809-8BEB-45A4-87D2-E3E0F226948A.thumb.jpeg.99ffd3828aedf8a3614c18f263597459.jpegC0D3ACF9-B35B-440C-8E29-0B6535507947.thumb.jpeg.047e79b38ffca1093b3e13a1efbc0b55.jpeg

@MorpheusCould You please post a clear picture of the back and front of this variant, for the Intellivision picture database, that I am building for the community

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Wizewonathome said:

@MorpheusCould You please post a clear picture of the back and front of this variant, for the Intellivision picture database, that I am building for the community

Hi Wize,

Your project looks really cool and interesting, I’m very happy to give my little contribution !

In order to save transport & duties costs, I have a friend of mine based in London that collects all my UK purchases and ships me now and then a box full of games!🤠

So, in this very moment that game is still in London, but as soon as I’ll get it home I’ll send you high resolution pics.

Is there already a link to your database for the community ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Wizewonathome said:

If someone can find me an open box of the 0410 International version without slots,

AFAIK that version has not been spotted yet and we assume that it doesn’t exist.

Would you have some reliable evidences confirming that it actually exists?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

AFAIK that version has not been spotted yet and we assume that it doesn’t exist.

Would you have some reliable evidences confirming that it actually exists?

If any 0410 will do, here is Armor Battle. Space Battle also has a slotless back 0410.

 

1589762241_ArmorBattleMEItalian2.thumb.JPG.b5ebab73d22e0410ddaad73919203dd2.JPG

 

1859617392_ArmorBattleMEItalian7.thumb.JPG.6c0324a0b70e86f0f4bf0b5ac04d0966.JPG

 

Edited by Humblejack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Humblejack said:

If any 0410 will do, here is Armor Battle. Space Battle also has a slotless back 0410.

 

1589762241_ArmorBattleMEItalian2.thumb.JPG.b5ebab73d22e0410ddaad73919203dd2.JPG

 

1859617392_ArmorBattleMEItalian7.thumb.JPG.6c0324a0b70e86f0f4bf0b5ac04d0966.JPG

 

Which Space battle Version is that? Blue or Red?

Edited by Wizewonathome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Wizewonathome said:

@Humblejack, I was actually looking for the International version of Sea Battle, Without the Slots.

Sorry, don't have that one, but I will look again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Humblejack said:

Sorry, don't have that one, but I will look again.

 

Not a problem. May call up on you for other pictures in the future. Once complete, you will be welcome to a copy of the database. PM your email address to me so we can make contact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Hi Wize,

Your project looks really cool and interesting, I’m very happy to give my little contribution !

In order to save transport & duties costs, I have a friend of mine based in London that collects all my UK purchases and ships me now and then a box full of games!🤠

So, in this very moment that game is still in London, but as soon as I’ll get it home I’ll send you high resolution pics.

Is there already a link to your database for the community ?

@Morpheus, currently I lack a link to the database. It is on going and not accessible online. To send pics, I do it through email, or facebook messenger. Not sure if I can send a  PM to you on this forum.

 

Edited by Wizewonathome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm definitely interested in Baseball (if you have an extra for sale, obviously). PM incoming in a snap

Edited by intellivotion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Folks!
Here the list of Mattels -0410 WITHOUT slots back documented to date:

 

Armor Battle
Astrosmash
Auto Racing
Baseball
Bowling - PBA
Hockey
Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack
Lock 'N Chase
Sea Battle
Skiing
Soccer
Space Armada
Space Battle
Tennis

 

If any one has evidencies of some more game please post pics!

 

@Wizewonathome, in my personal opinion, for your database, if you could collect, for each variant, also the pictures of the four sides of the box it would be great. There are lots of variants not recognizable with just the cover, back and interior of the box pictures and Intvfunhouse does not have those pictures neither.
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Intymike said:

and these two...

 

IMG_1269.thumb.jpeg.ab7dada52c563896be60df5dc92825dc.jpeg

 

IMG_1270.thumb.jpeg.bb3388dff73e977593fec24b65963faa.jpeg

@Intymike, Theses pictures are a great help, but I need a front view also for the project. top and bottom views would be nice,

if sending pictures others than the 0410 International series. This a sampling of pics involved. Contact me at [email protected] to further communicate. I can send a PDF sampling to any one interested.

 

Baseball BX Mattel 2614-0410 (No-Slots) INT ED 1980-1.png

Baseball BX Mattel 2614-0410 (No-Slots) INT ED 1980-2.png

Baseball BX Mattel 2614-0410 (No-Slots) INT ED 1980-3.png

Edited by Wizewonathome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a sample of the basis for the Picture database. Many iterations have been run through, and once I got past 300 File groups, I decided to create what is know as a tracker/picture file, as shown in the example. Moving forward, this is the key to access the many picture variants. The file system its self is methodically organized for easy access, whether a user wants to look at the PDF or access individual pictures. There is also a Zipped file off each Box variant. Many spreadsheets will be involved, so a collector can search out a specific variant, and know what he is looking for. I have sent forth to some individuals, a "work in progress" spreadsheet, to garner input, and have made many changes based on those ideas. This by all means is not a project for the faint of heart. 3 years or more in the making, and continuous work during the last year and half, due to the pandemic situation, and being unemployed. Individuals who want to add to the project, can contribute by posting a complete set of Front, Back, and inside Views, of the box variants, in Hi Res as I call on the ones, I have low res or can not find on the web. As @Intymike, mentioned, adding a Clear pic of the top and bottom flap, will also help to identify box variants, with the same front and back.

Baseball BX Mattel 2614-0410 (No-Slots) INT ED 1980.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...