IGNORED

Complete List of Apps released in the new VCS Store

Mockduck

Here is an updated list of all of the Apps available in the new Atari VCS Store. Note that some of these Apps, specifically the cloud gaming apps, are listed in the Games section of the VCS Store, but I am including them in Apps as that is more what they are like, and very much more like how they operate in the AtariOS. 

The spreadsheet can be found as a Google Sheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17eDHt30RC2uG6KD85ouChcwf9BkRohJJAWQPRz9CASg/edit?usp=sharing

Name Release Date Availability: US Availability: EU
AirConsole 12/11/21 X X
Amazon Luna 9/1/21 X X
Amazon Prime Video 12/11/21 X X
AMC+ 8/12/23    
Antstream Arcade 12/11/21 X X
AppleTV+ 6/11/21 X X
Atari Club 2/23/24 X X
Crackle 3/14/23    
Curiosity Stream 8/13/23   X
Discord 12/11/21 X X
Disney+ 12/11/21 X X
ESPN+ 5/5/21 X (App listed - content not available)
fuboTV 5/5/21 X (App listed - doesn't launch)
GeForce Now 9/10/21 X X
Gmail 10/7/21 X X
Google Calendar 10/7/21 X X
Google Chrome 12/11/21 X X
Google Docs 3/9/21 X X
Google Drive 10/7/21 X X
Google Sheets 10/7/21 X X
Google Slides 7/16/21 X X
Google Stadia 9/1/21 X  
Hulu 12/11/21 X  
HBO Max 12/11/21 X  
Kick 8/12/23 X X
Max 8/12/23    
Nebula 9/16/23 X  
Netflix 12/11/21 X X
Pandora 11/15/21 X (App listed - content not available)
Paramount+ 8/12/23    
PC Mode 12/11/21 X X
Peacock 5/5/21 X X
Plex 12/11/21 X X
PlutoTV 5/5/21 X X
Showtime 5/5/21 X  
Spotify 11/15/21 X X
Test Game Pad 12/11/21 X X
Twitch 12/11/21 X X
VCS Companion 12/11/21 X X
Xbox Cloud Gaming 9/1/21 X X
YouTube 12/11/21 X X

Edited by Mockduck
2/23/24 to add Atari Club
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chris Brockman said:

They need Tubi and Crackle.

The reality is: until these become native OS apps rather than front-end UI links, we kind of already have them. :) These apps are essentially just opening Chrome and going to the web service, so you can totally watch Tubi (which is one of my most watched free services) already. 

• Like 4

I would like actual Firefox (I hate Chrome).  Give me Firefox with Ublock and some other extensions, let me switch to Duckduckgo and make it easier to add some launcher icons for free software to AtariOS.  That would be icing on the cake, so to speak.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, leech said:

Ha, is Luna the one that cooks GPUs?  Have these become launchers or just work through the chrome browser?  I think I tested the nvidia geforce service through it as well.

I believe they did have an issue in Beta that caused a problem with some high end graphics cards, but that was corrected soon after. They are simply front-end UI links to their browser-powered versions. The advantage of this is longer-term compatibility since you don't need a dedicated app development team to update for the platform every time a change is made, which is fairly often. The biggest current disadvantage is a lack of native controller support, VCS or elsewhere. I suspect the long-term solution is to build in controller support to all major browsers, but that carries its own set of work. 

1 hour ago, Mockduck said:

I believe they did have an issue in Beta that caused a problem with some high end graphics cards, but that was corrected soon after. They are simply front-end UI links to their browser-powered versions. The advantage of this is longer-term compatibility since you don't need a dedicated app development team to update for the platform every time a change is made, which is fairly often. The biggest current disadvantage is a lack of native controller support, VCS or elsewhere. I suspect the long-term solution is to build in controller support to all major browsers, but that carries its own set of work. 

Hmm, yeah I decided to fire up the VCS and check.  Not that I would ever use Stadia.  Still waiting for a Steam Link app... ?

On 6/11/2021 at 6:02 PM, Mockduck said:

Here is an updated list of all of the Apps available in the new Atari VCS Store. Note that some of these Apps, specifically the cloud gaming apps, are listed in the Games section of the VCS Store, but I am including them in Apps as that is more what they are like, and very much more like how they operate in the AtariOS. 

The spreadsheet can be found as a Google Sheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17eDHt30RC2uG6KD85ouChcwf9BkRohJJAWQPRz9CASg/edit?usp=sharing

Name Release Date Availability: US Availability: EU
Airconsole 12/11/21 X X
Amazon Luna 9/1/21 X X (beta in EU, no signups)
Antstream Arcade 12/11/21 X X
AppleTV+ 6/11/21 X X
Chrome 12/11/21 X X
Discord 12/11/21 X X
Disney+ 12/11/21 X X
ESPN+ 5/5/21 X  
fuboTV 5/5/21 X  
GeForce Now 9/10/21 X  
Google Stadia 9/1/21 X  
Hulu 12/11/21 X  
HBO Max 12/11/21 X  
Netflix 12/11/21 X X
PC Mode 12/11/21 X X
Peacock 5/5/21 X  
Plex 12/11/21 X X
PlutoTV 5/5/21 X X (but currently doesn't function)
Prime Video 12/11/21 X X
Showtime 5/5/21 X  
Test Game Pad 12/11/21 X X
Twitch 12/11/21 X X
VCS Companion 12/11/21 X X
Xbox Cloud Gaming 9/1/21 X X
YouTube 12/11/21 X X

I'm pretty sure Disney+, HBO Max, etc. were available in 11 Dec 2020, not 2021.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/13/2021 at 3:47 PM, Mockduck said:

The reality is: until these become native OS apps rather than front-end UI links, we kind of already have them. :) These apps are essentially just opening Chrome and going to the web service, so you can totally watch Tubi (which is one of my most watched free services) already. 

How do you get to these apps?  I don’t see them in the store.  I just got my VCS.

11 hours ago, rcajun90 said:

How do you get to these apps?  I don’t see them in the store.  I just got my VCS.

There is a section in the VCS Store called Apps, and it includes things like the Google Suite, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. They are, however, just home screen links to their equivalent service in Chrome; it saves the step of opening Chrome and typing in the URL is all. So, things like controller support or other aspects of the actual developed app for the service will not function. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I realized that there have been a few apps that have snuck into the Store, including a recent set on August 13th, 2023, so here's what's been added to the list:

AMC+

Crackle

Curiosity Stream

Google Docs

Google Slides

Kick
Max

Paramount+

Edited by Mockduck
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 7:22 PM, Mockduck said:

I realized that there have been a few apps that have snuck into the Store, including a recent set on August 13th, 2023, so here's what's been added to the list:

AMC+

Crackle

Curiosity Stream

Google Docs

Google Slides

Kick
Max

Paramount+

I tried using "Crackle" but I guess they hate Canadians.