IGNORED

Unreleased Dreamcast Game - Dee Dee Planet is now found

Yakumo1975

Dee Dee Planet, a Dreamcast game from Sega that was to be released back in August 2001 has finally been found.
Big thanks to the secret dev who provided the game and to pcwzrd13 for the release.

This video is a pure gameplay video captured direct from a real Dreamcast via HDMI at 60fps.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Yakumo1975 said:

Dee Dee Planet, a Dreamcast game from Sega that was to be released back in August 2001 has finally been found.
Big thanks to the secret dev who provided the game and to pcwzrd13 for the release.

This video is a pure gameplay video captured direct from a real Dreamcast via HDMI at 60fps.

Definitely a crazy looking game for sure.  Gotta love all of the support and appreciation for the Dreamcast.  Just a damn shame it got completely smoked and buried by the PS2 and wasn't around as long as what it should have been.

• Like 1

I fired this up on my MODE last night to check it out. It is...quite interesting. It seemed a bit too easy for me though but I'm sure that would change with multiple CPU opponents and especially with actual human players. Unless I missed something, is there only the Liquid world, Block world, and Gel Worlds available in this current beta? I played quite a bit last night and it seems that Gel world is what usually comes up 3 outta 5 times when playing this game. So I'm curious if the other worlds have been implemented and if there is a way to select them instead of seemingly getting one of the other three I already mentioned?

The way you select what weapon you have is kind goofy as well. It is kinda tough to see and know what weapon you are selecting and ability to move. I can tell you that having the MIRV rockets is the best option since the opponent doesn't have much of a chance in getting outta the way if you aim center so that when it splits the 1st and 3rd rockets are likely to score a hit in case your opponent tries to move out of the way. I was dominating the CPU player using that last night. I'm also curious how many of the 'movies' exist to be unlocked? I did use keys to unlock #60 and #59. So I assume there is content for all of them. 

Pretty wacky game I can tell you that, but it did need more polish before getting released or perhaps the existence of Worms on the DC already had them decide it wasn't worth it to release it in the end?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So last month I came across these Famicom handheld clones.  The Game & Watch one kind of interested me, what with Nintendo released something similar recently.
So I ended up buying two more due to them all being the same price.  How are they?

For some reason the last Battle of the Ports post has gone missing so here it is again.