IGNORED

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood is "coming soon"

On 6/15/2021 at 8:06 AM, Razzie.P said:

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood coming to Turbografx CD by Limited Run Games

Is this company well off, financially?  What kind of profit are they expecting by releasing a game 28 (or more) years past its initial release date for a system that was discontinued 27 years ago?  Will they also be offering free repair to all Turbo Duo owners?  What do they plan on charging?  $50?  $60?

This just seems like a really stupid idea.  Chi no Rondo has already been released to the PSP and Wii Virtual Console between 2007 and 2010, the former fucking it up with their English voices and that absolutely horrendous looking 2.5D remake.  Now, LRG wants to take pity on the TurboGrafx market nearly three decades later?

No, thanks.  Not interested in whatever, totally needless, changes will come with their localization.  The game is amazing, as is.  I'm good with emulation.

1 hour ago, glazball said:

Limited Run Games just needs to stop already.

They are selling eight versions (4 Switch/4 PS4) of a Castlevania anniversary collection.  Two of them cost $35, four go for $60, and another two are $175.  Looks to me like they're rip-off artists who want to join in on the fun of milking really old games by repackaging them.

That's exactly what they are doing.  Their original mission statement was more or less that they wanted to produce physical games for those that may have been lost digitally to time.  Rondo of Blood already has a physical release (at least two if you count the PCE Works reprint).  All of the Neo Geo games they keep churning out have physical releases.  All of the Star Wars bunk they crapped out have physical releases.  I supported them strongly when they started up but they've since become a joke of what (they claimed) they were all about.

• Like 1

Why would anybody count as “physically available” a bootleg made by a guy who doesn’t just steal from IP holders but also steals the hard work of other fans? If you count that as being “physically available” then all the Russian and Chinese bootleggers should count too.

I am baffled by the hundred dollar limited editions of not very remarkable games myself, but as long as people throw money at them for them, what are they supposed to do, reject it? They found a way to make a living off video games. Good for them. If you don’t like it, don’t give them money.

”Physical is forever” is a preposterous idea anyway when looking at the natural history of this planet or the mass extinction and climate change we are only seeing the beginnings of. Might as well enjoy things while we can.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 3:12 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

I'll snap it up if it's a pre-order and not one of their limited batch, free-for-all, sells out in minutes kind of a thing.  Would love to have an official English release of this game so power to them. 

Same here, mostly likely.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...