So im a huge fan of bootleg/obscure hardware, and two of my favorites pieces of my collection are these old 1993 Megadrive clones i bought.

The first one is a Nasa New 16 bit, the clone lacks a lot of features like the headphone jack and the MegaCD port, and is incompatible with the 32x and some multitaps, but the console has a great built quality.

The second one is the infamous Kw-501, which i was kinda disappointed that the built quality was very bad, but the console has most of the features the Nasa lacks.

Any of you guys owns an old Megadrive clone or similar?

RDT_20210615_1823272962498958865076997.jpg

• Like 1

I never thought I'd see a clone that looks like the Wondermega, but here it is. It also has ARCADE QUALITY GRAPHICS and DIGITAL SOUND REAL VOICE, so you know it has to be good... right?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Can't say I own one, but I gotta admit I find them quite interesting. I love how the Kw one tries to be like the official Model 1 but different at the same time. It's oddly charming in a way.

Nowadays it's pretty samey. It's more about practicality, as most of them have HDMI out and have a design largely similar to the official hardware. Back then they generally had a little more personality, for better or worse...

Edited by RetroSonicHero
yk this thread has actually kinda made me wanna track an old one down, they seem so interesting
  • Like 1