IGNORED

8-Bit Software: A Preservation Effort

SoulBuster

For the games that use artifacting, may I suggest that under adjust colours, you set the arfitacting phase  to 347 degrees. While artifacting varies from TV to TV, most games like A.E. were looking for a blue and dark orange / reddish orange look as confirmed from the software box. Basically its what all the Apple stuff looked like..(so I've been told, never had one)

It's also a bit easier on the eye for screenshots :)  (NOT suggesting a re-do of the screens, those that mind can do that bit themselves)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

For the games that use artifacting, may I suggest that under adjust colours, you set the arfitacting phase  to 347 degrees. While artifacting varies from TV to TV, most games like A.E. were looking for a blue and dark orange / reddish orange look as confirmed from the software box. Basically its what all the Apple stuff looked like..(so I've been told, never had one)

It's also a bit easier on the eye for screenshots :)  (NOT suggesting a re-do of the screens, those that mind can do that bit themselves)

With the Ultima IV screenshots... I'm pretty sure that's what the NTSC XEGS looks like.

Pass re that machine, I know the phasing effect varies. I just follow how many artifacting games use the orange red / blue settings for screen grabs for reviews and manual shots. Obviously, many of these are Apple ports, so we have another reference point. As said, machine and TV's vary so there's no clear exact setting but for things like Hard Hat Mack on the XL and drol, they look right in that phase. Also, back in the day when we got US stuff here in the UK then GR.8 looked odd to us so lots of us redid the DLI setting from 0F to 0E and the colours we got matched the phasing..

Anyway, this sort of stuff is for a different thread, I don't want to derail the champion work by SoulBuster..

Edited by Mclaneinc

38 minutes ago, SoulBuster said:

This concludes the archiving of all of my original software and manuals.

That's one of, if not the largest collection of original software I've ever seen!  Thanks for taking the time to archive and post all of that.

Edited by Stephen
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, SenorRossie said:

I'm gonna miss the regular posts with familiar and on occasion unfamiliar labels/titles. Many thanks for all the work you put into this!

Yeah... I mean, I get that the show is over... but I kinda want to stay till the credits are done and the lights come back on in case there is a teaser.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, SoulBuster said:

This concludes the archiving of all of my original software and manuals.

I’ll echo the others, thank you very much. Watching you post pop up for the last several weeks has brought back tons of memories. It’s been very enjoyable. 

• Like 1