IGNORED

8-Bit Software: A Preservation Effort

SoulBuster

• 1 month later...

Here is a link to the entire Archive of the 8-bit preservation effort dated 7/2/2021.  I think it has what you need.

Preservation Software

Actually they only have the ATX version

Here is the ATR

Dunjonquest - Temple of Apshai (1981)(Epyx)(US)[BASIC](No Physical Copy Protection).atr

and an alternate

Dunjonquest - Temple of Apshai (1981)(Epyx)(US)[a][BASIC](No Physical Copy Protection).atr

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The first atr has levels 0 to 4, so actually 5 levels. level0 loads but you see nothing, even though you hear sounds. level1 works but I don't think that it's the actual first level.

The alternate atr has levels 1 to 4. level1 on this atr file is what I remember as being the first level.

Any idea what the levels are on the first atr file? are they from an expansion pack?

6 minutes ago, pmgraphics said:

The first atr has levels 0 to 4, so actually 5 levels. level0 loads but you see nothing, even though you hear sounds. level1 works but I don't think that it's the actual first level.

The alternate atr has levels 1 to 4. level1 on this atr file is what I remember as being the first level.

Any idea what the levels are on the first atr file? are they from an expansion pack?

what machine are you running it on? how much memory

14 hours ago, pmgraphics said:

Looking for a complete original Dunjonquest - Temple of Apshai on an ATR file. I have one but it's missing level 4.

Try the attached images. These are made from a8preservation's ATXs.

Dunjonquest - Temple of Apshai (1981)(Epyx)(US)[a][BASIC].atr Dunjonquest - Temple of Apshai (1981)(Epyx)(US)[BASIC].atr

22 minutes ago, DjayBee said:

So we're the ones I posted

2 hours ago, pmgraphics said:

My CAS version levels seem to match the alternate atr. So if anyone is looking to play use the alternate atr version the SoulBuster posted.

It would be nice to know what the levels on the other ATR are.

basic cartridge has to be in of course, but I am concerned that a disk image in the preservation torrent might be incorrect or a tape to disk conversion rather than the actual disk... very odd.

perhaps 0 is level 5 who knows or it is an expansion disk... hopefully not some mix up of all three or the trilogy disk.

• 1 month later...

This file alone would be over 5 gigs.  With all three included, probably over 10 gigs. If you want to have easy access to all the attachments, there is an attachments link at the top of the thread that make is easy to locate all of the zip files.

Atari Preservation Initiative will likely take all of the stuff they did not have and you can find it in their distributed file.  I made this thread for them and any other organization that is preserving these things so they can pick and choose what they need.  It will also remain here for anyone to go after individual items.  Sorry to let you down at Christmas.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/27/2021 at 8:16 AM, SoulBuster said:

Scott Adams Adventure Hint Book - If this is an original, it is the worst original I have ever seen

2080608994_ScottAdamsAdventureHintBookCover.thumb.JPG.96f8bbed9902a8388a9c66ace7b0967b.JPG

I have that same manual somewhere. It's original as in it's an original of the photocopied version you have. I ordered a later compilation of the 12 original Scott Adams text adventures sometime in the early 90s and it came with that same rough photocopy of an old official hint book.

• 5 months later...

I am back at it again.  I was setting up my Fuijinet server and was adding the Analog Disk collection.  The first one I have is issue #35.

I decided to create disks for the missing issues.  I took the menu system from Issue #35 and made it for Issue #1 and included all the type in programs in .BAS and .LST.

Here is Issue #1

Analog Computing #01 (1981-01)(Analog Magazine Corp.)(US)[BASIC].atr

image.thumb.png.b43e09ac15fb409066f9ba187a19984b.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Issue #02

This issue included an update to Motorcycle Maze Rider which appears in issue #01. I have included both the update code and the fully updated program for Motorcycle Maze Rider. You can find them both on Side B of this issue.

Analog Computing #02 (1981-03)(Analog Magazine Corp.)(US)[BASIC].zip

image.thumb.png.76a0ae4ecb6adcae5371d22b88e78979.png

image.thumb.png.34acc371ea377e0cef0a61172ee97b58.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Issue #03

This issue included another update to Motorcycle Maze Rider which appears in issue #01 and an update in issue #2. Balance Your Checkbook from issue #2 had a very minor update. I have included both the update code and the fully updated program for both Motorcycle Maze Rider and Balance Your Checkbook.

Analog Computing #03 (1981-05)(Analog Magazine Corp.)(US)[BASIC].zip

image.thumb.png.f79e51b978d2f07257fdb3bb7ebd8ced.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Analog Issue #5

In this issue, users could not complete several of the programs because of the print out in the magazine.  Issue #6 had the corrections.  I updated all programs on this disk to include the corrections. 

The Mailing list program would not even start right and I had to make changes to it that were NOT published, just to make it work at the start of the program.  It used a trap statement to test if the file "D:MAILDATA.FIL" existed using OPEN,#2,12,0,"D:MAILDATA.FIL".  12 is used in an open statement for input AND output. When the file was not found during this statement, it created the file and the test for existing passes.  This is an error because now the file it created is not formatted correctly for the rest of the program and you get an error later.  I changed the open statement to open with OPEN,#2,4,0,"D:MAILDATA.FIL", read.  And now the trap statement works as intended.

Part of the stopwatch program puts the resulting OBJ code on a cassette, it makes an autoboot cassette.  The corresponding .CAS file is included.

Analog Computing #05 (1982-01)(Analog Magazine Corp.)(US)[BASIC].zip

image.thumb.png.f4701d4e5535f4dd3fa7c8141df65894.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Issue #6

Maniac only provided a way to get the game on Cassette.  The resulting .CAS file is included.  I used a Cassette to Disk program to create an ATR, also included.

VARLST only allowed printing to a printer. I have included a version the prints to the screen, VARLST_S.lst.  There are only LST files as you would ENTER them into a program you wrote already.

Analog Computing #06 (1982-05)(Analog Magazine Corp.)(US)[BASIC].zip

image.thumb.png.2f34fdfea3b27fa0287540ac5b8e85b0.pngimage.thumb.png.b47989f7a4d867756f255016a3e9ae7b.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If you downloaded this before, get it again as this has changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Issue #7

This one took awhile!  There was some much stuff I had to use a third disk to hold it all, and still look good. 

This issue had an update to MANIAC to create and OBJ on disk.  The modified version is on the the third disk.

1958795085_AnalogComputing07(1982-09)(AnalogMagazineCorp.)(US)BASIC.zip

image.thumb.png.8ec97b18ba5f6b4c75b0df1026e26d33.pngimage.thumb.png.e5b8ad5cfd6632a95eb3f7c6c5135260.pngimage.thumb.png.1f86fd29356505a20096d6552f4e3efe.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4