IGNORED

Soundtrack to the 2600

somebooks

Since there aren't a ton of 2600 games that have music, I'd be curious to hear if anyone listens to music when they play Atari...

Is there any music that feels connected to your 2600 experience? Any music you used to listen to while playing back when you were younger?

The two Yes albums "Fragile" and "Close to the Edge" are pretty perfect for me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

To me, the VCS brings my memory back to the late 70s-early 80s so that I tend to associate the 2600 gaming experience to the early electronic music. It’s all about pioneering with the very first mass-technology, it’s not that different playing a good old Atari title and listening to some Moog analog synth tune. However I don’t mix playing games and music listening, I always prefer the game sounds when playing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, somebooks said:

@roadrunner @Prizrak --- Oh that's interesting! What a neat idea to make a full virtual 2600 experience, selecting cartridges, 80s radio, etc. 

@keithbk --- I've never seen Chuck, but just watched that Missile Command sequence on youtube and i think i'm convinced to give it a shot, haha.

Chuck is incredible, right up there with Psych and Burn Notice; must-see TV!

In one episode, they go to Atari headquarters...

Edited by keithbk
  • Like 2