IGNORED

Don't Piss Off the Parts Seller Keeping Atari Machines Alive

bfollowell

7 minutes ago, orpheuswaking said:

Yes the part where your obvious racism comes out. 

Nah! 

It's just that you failed (dismally) at making any sensible point... and now you don't have anything constructive or meaningful left to say, and still press forward... (a normal syndrome governing many of these self-agitated topics...)

Just business as usual.

4 minutes ago, Faicuai said:

Nah! 

It's just that you failed (dismally) at making any sensible point... and now you don't have anything constructive or meaningful left to say, and still press forward... (a normal syndrome governing many of these self-agitated topics...)

Just business as usual.

Why did you feel it necessary to note, as you did in that post, Brad’s “obvious Asian” features? What in the actual fuck does that mean or add meaningfully except to point out that YOU thought it significant?  ?

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Brad’s “obvious Asian” features?

In case someone else here says "I also visited the place" (which you obviously have not)... thus allowing to cross-check if that place is manned... by more than one person... (may not be who we think?)

However, since the idea is to (fervently) discredit the poster (at any cost), instead of accepting the core issue on hand, I guess that notion never went through your mind...

Generally speaking, Anyone who plays a "racial" card (or similar cards), in any discussion, has already lost that argument.

48 minutes ago, Faicuai said:

In case someone else here says "I also visited the place" (which you obviously have not)... thus allowing to cross-check if that place is manned... by more than one person... (may not be who we think?)

However, since the idea is to (fervently) discredit the poster (at any cost), instead of accepting the core issue on hand, I guess that notion never went through your mind...

Generally speaking, Anyone who plays a "racial" card (or similar cards), in any discussion, has already lost that argument.

"Generally speaking, Anyone who plays a "racial" card (or similar cards), in any discussion, has already lost that argument."  DBH.

21 minutes ago, gilsaluki said:

DBH

"Diameter at breast height

Diameter at breast height, or DBH, is a standard method of expressing the diameter of the trunk or bole of a standing tree. DBH is one of the most common dendrometric measurements."

Quite revealing, indeed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Faicuai said:

Nah! 

Just business as usual.

Even if we take out the Oriental part (Sorry but Asian has been the correct term for many years) 

>After ending up in a tiny sh_t hole (to my continuous disbelief), I decided to venture inside of it,

If there was that much disbelief why go in? Hyperbole much?

>just hoping to buy two (expensive) items they had in-stock.

$1 or $500 doesn't matter 

>emerges out of a TON of rubble and crap sitting all over the place. Filthy as hell, it was horrific to the eyes.

Sorry it didn't meet your exacting standards. Obviously you have never seen anything truly horrific in your life. 

>After almost not being able to breath in there,

Again why didn't you just leave if it was that bad?

>I was told I COULD NOT ORDER anything there, I was like WTF (!?) I came here to spend almost $100 in obsolete technology and you still have the balls to tell me you can't sell me anything there?

I would hazard a guess your obvious disgust at the location may have played a part, from your description it would have been hard to keep that from your face. 

Nowhere on his site does it say there is a store front or a way to buy things, the address on the website says postal address only. Pretty sure you were the one with the balls to just show up out of the blue expecting the person to drop what they are doing and serve you. 

Your entitlement is strong 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

Anyone else miss O'Shea's?    I remember in college, during those "dollar a game" days, calling them up and just getting 5 of everything, haha.  Good times.  

holy crap, I just went to their site and they still exist, still have some Atari games left, AND are willing to trade 14 acres of land for 1 million dollars worth of electronics.  Why don't we talk Bradley into a trade and build an Atari utopia (Atari can provide the hotels)?  That way everyone is happy.

http://www.oshealtd.com/coacres.htm

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, orpheuswaking said:

Nowhere on his site does it say there is a store front or a way to buy things,

Nowhere in their site says "do not come to our place / we do not take walk-in visits / we do not meet customers..."  But you are welcome to carve that out of their alphabet-soup website, if you wish (I have no issues with that, as I do not plan to return there on this lifetime).

Next, it is in human nature to know (personally) who you have been transacting with for a long time... Taking time (with family around) to place a courtesy visit and also place extra business... and just to be met with (essentially) a "go away" concept, well, that IS NOT entitlement... It is just NOT NICE, whether you like it or not.

I suggest you take some tome to reflect upon your non-sensical comments... especially when I took the time to go there (even with family aroundand you are just keyboard-fighting from your funny basement.

End of the story.

47 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

holy crap, I just went to their site and they still exist, still have some Atari games left, AND are willing to trade 14 acres of land for 1 million dollars worth of electronics.  Why don't we talk Bradley into a trade and build an Atari utopia (Atari can provide the hotels)?  That way everyone is happy.

http://www.oshealtd.com/coacres.htm

The picture of the 14 acres looks like it was from a 70's bigfoot expedition.

• Haha 2

I came here to spend almost $100 in obsolete technology and you still have the balls to tell me you can't sell me anything there?

So one POKEY and a copy of the catalog? $100 is like small change in Atariland now.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Faicuai said:

Nowhere in their site says "do not come to our place / we do not take walk-in visits / we do not meet customers..."  But you are welcome to carve that out of their alphabet-soup website, if you wish (I have no issues with that, as I do not plan to return there on this lifetime).

Next, it is in human nature to know (personally) who you have been transacting with for a long time... Taking time (with family around) to place a courtesy visit and also place extra business... and just to be met with (essentially) a "go away" concept, well, that IS NOT entitlement... It is just NOT NICE, whether you like it or not.

I suggest you take some tome to reflect upon your non-sensical comments... especially when I took the time to go there (even with family aroundand you are just keyboard-fighting from your funny basement.

End of the story.

If I were in the area I would go there. But I would make damn sure to call ahead and see if it were possible. I wouldn’t show up out of the blue and expect white glove service.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

And I suppose if the customer (first time buyer) places an order, gets an invoice, pays for it promptly, then gets refunded with no explanation and the seller refuses to respond to further emails to find out why then the seller isn't a gigantic dick, just a grumpy old man 'helping' the community?

Oh well, he refunded you the money. Keep the individuals age in mind, perhaps the order just became too hard? It could have been that he had too many orders at the time, it could have been something as little as a customs form or the fact that he was going to earn too much from his hobby business and it may affect his pension so he had to cut back on orders - Who knows?

It could be that he's just a little eccentric, is that illegal now? I see people here with boarder line personality disorders.

The fact remains the decision was his to make and he did the right thing and refunded your money.

Edited by Mazzspeed

7 hours ago, Faicuai said:

Is "entitlement" what applies to anyone calling the business owner an "idiot" (?)....

Or are we just dealing with the typical, rampant double-moral standards that dominate the majority of these discussions?

DBM: DouBle Moral... it's just two words, not three.

You're gonna keep pushing that one aren't ya?

Let it go mate, no one gives a shite. It's the owners business, he doesn't have to post any 'rules' and he can refuse to sell to you because you sound like a tool (talking generally - Of course...). It really is that simple.

Edited by Mazzspeed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mr Robot said:

$100 is like small change in Atariland now.

You are welcome to send them my way, any time.... I will return them back to you, safe and sound, after making another $300 out of them. These I will not send to you, of course.

Looking forward to it.

??

28 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

You're gonna keep pushing that one aren't ya?

Nah!

It´s that you are the only individual on this entire thread that vouches for business owners and arbitrary rules... while calling them idiots without ever transacting with those.

For that, you get the DBM-King crown (and the big prize): a non-paid, one-way ticket to BE's black-hole. ?

Bon voyage!

2 minutes ago, Faicuai said:

Nah!

It´s that you are the only individual on this entire thread that vouches for business owners and arbitrary rules... while calling them idiots without ever transacting with those.

For that, you get the DBM-King crown (and the big prize): a non-paid, one-way ticket to BE's black-hole. ?

Bon voyage!

I've stated time and time again I'm intolerable to bullshit. If the post in question is the one where I question the apparent claim by Brad that monochrome monitors capable of displaying the XEP-80's downright odd number of lines were rare in the late 70's/early 80's, then that's bullshit and I call it as it is.

For instance - Most of your posts are self entitled bullshit.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

are self entitled bullshit.

Excellent!!

Now you know what plenty of folks and testimonials convey about such "unknown" rules....

But, in all fairness, and in Brad's legitimate defense, his written explanation was indeed accurate and echoing historical records:

https://www.atarimagazines.com/v7n6/xep80slideshow.html

I hope you resort now to at least a shred of decency and honesty, and call out your own "bullshit" (as you so proudly call it), and at least apologize for how you called him.

Saving this one, as well, for posterity.

2 hours ago, orpheuswaking said:

If I were in the area I would go there. But I would make damn sure to call ahead and see if it were possible. I wouldn’t show up out of the blue and expect white glove service.

Same here. Only a rude idiot just shows up like that. I'm sure they've probably tried driving up to Amazon HQ demanding service because they wanted to spend $100. How dare they have the balls to tell him to go home and order through their site.

Just more spoiled entitlement.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Faicuai said:

Excellent!!

Now you know what plenty of folks and testimonials convey about such "unknown" rules....

But, in all fairness, and in Brad's legitimate defense, his written explanation was indeed accurate and echoing historical records:

I hope you resort now to at least a shred of decency and honesty, and call out your own "bullshit" (as you so proudly call it), and at least apologize for how you called him.

Saving this one, as well, for posterity.

It's done mate, no one cares for your gibberish.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bfollowell said:

I'm sure they've probably tried driving up to Amazon HQ

Quite a wonderful experience, indeed.

If you think a courtesy visit born out of simple good-will (and business history), is being a "rude idiot", what should we call you for issuing such insult?

Sounds like absolutely self-defeating, from every angle you look at it.

1 hour ago, Faicuai said:

One brief statement in an Antic article is hardly a 'historical record', just one man's opinion. And not entirely accurate, either. For example, Apple was still producing their monochrome, composite-in Monitor II until late 1993. And used monochrome monitors of this type were hardly rare in the mid-late 80s.

Edited by adam242
  • Like 1