jerseystyle

Thoughts on Amico E3 Presentation?

Posted (edited)
MrBeefy said:

After watching the E3 presentation, with no mention of them releasing in October, do you really think they are going to release in October?

After listening to Amico After Dark I think they were maybe onto something with the no revenue. It would make sense with how there was a lot of old stuff shown at E3. What do you think?

I think there is a lot of uncertainty about October.  They said themselves they will know better next month.  It's not surprising they didn't mention the release date at E3.

I probably wrote some of this already.  E3 wasn't worth investing in for a number of reasons.  They've already stopped taking purchase orders from retailers, they already have more than enough developers to make games, the consumers watching E3 aren't expected to represent their target audience.  They have a modest marketing budget that they have to spend wisely.  They want to spend it when they have Amicos available for people to buy.  Not sure why they should care much about E3.  Assuming they come out with a ton of stuff in September, this ten minute E3 video will be forgotten.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

They're not scheduled to go to manufacturing until later next month.

Revenue sharing investment vs reward based crowdfunding.  Revenue sharing investment pays the investor money, like a bank pays interest; except that the return to the investor is a portion of revenues based on predefined calculations.  The reward based crowdfunding is basically prepaying for a product.  Typically the product creator sets a crowdfunding goal to raise the money they need to create the product.

Yes, they are accountable for the money because they promised refunds on demand.

There are about ten thousand preorders, that's only about $1M.  That's only enough to cover two or three months of their overhead costs.  The $11M is from the revenue sharing investments.  And they raised millions more before that from other investors and have many more millions available for manufacturing.  So the one million from preorders is a small percentage of the entire budget.

That still doesn't answer the question. If tommy didn't need to use a crowdfunding company because he has funds from investors, they why use fig/republic in the first place. Especially, since tommy is on record many times saying he wouldn't that preorders or use crowdfunding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Swami said:

This dude has been claiming he was banned from AtariAge twice by moderators and yet here he is. Don't trust a word he says.

I was banned from the from the tommy thread. Nice try to discredit someone because you can't counter my facts.

Here's proof

20200804_212023.jpg

Edited by Ez G
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Ez G said:

I was banned from the from the tommy thread. Nice try to discredit someone because you can't counter my facts.

Here's proof

20200804_212023.jpg

You said you were banned (or should I say "ban") from Atariage, twice. Now you're lying about it again. A lot of your facts are lies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Ez G said:

Here's proof

If you're referring to the Amico Q&A thread, then no, you're not banned or blocked from it, just like the last time you falsely made that claim.  (I just checked the list, but as badly as you seem to want to be on it, you are not on it now and you never have been.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jaybird3rd said:

If you're referring to the Amico Q&A thread, then no, you're not banned or blocked from it, just like the last time you falsely made that claim.  (I just checked the list, but as badly as you seem to want to be on it, you are not on it now and you never have been.)

I was just going by the above warning I was sent. It says your are banned. What am I supposed to take from that warning.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Swami said:

You said you were banned (or should I say "ban") from Atariage, twice. Now you're lying about it again. A lot of your facts are lies.

Look at the warning. What would a person think. And I said the tommy thread. And intellivision threads no other

Tell me a lie I said about the amico.

I can remember your lie. That it wasn't taking crowdfunded funds. 

I'll wait so you can prove a lie.....

Edit.

Edited by Ez G

Just now, Ez G said:

Look at the warning. What would a person think.

Tell me a lie I said about the amico.

I can remember your lie. That it wasn't taking crowdfunded funds. 

I'll wait so you can prove a lie.....

You seem to have figured out that you're not, and it would be easy to find out, so you're lying right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ez G said:

I was just going by the above warning I was sent. It says your are banned. What am I supposed to take from that warning.

That's a strange way of putting it.  You wouldn't be "sent" a warning of that kind; it would appear only after you attempted to open a thread you had been blocked from.

So, are you trying to tell me that you opened that particular thread just now and got that message in response?  If that is so, why are you posting as "evidence" a cropped screenshot that, judging from the filename, was created back on 8/4/2020?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, jaybird3rd said:

That's a strange way of putting it.  You wouldn't be "sent" a warning of that kind; it would appear only after you attempted to open a thread you had been blocked from.

So, are you trying to tell me that you opened that particular thread just now and saw that warning?  If that is so, why are you posting a cropped screenshot that, judging from the filename, was taken back on 8/4/2020?

Because that was the last time I was on Atariage forums. I was told that even though I was banned from one intellivision topic I am eligible to talk on other intellivision topics. That's why I am posting today. No, I did not just open this up, I was sent that warning because I wasn't allowed to post a link about the August 5th event. 

Hope this clears things up. 

FYI Could the warnings be more clear 

Edited by Ez G

45 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I think there is a lot of uncertainty about October.  They said themselves they will know better next month.  It's not surprising they didn't mention the release date at E3.

I probably wrote some of this already.  E3 wasn't worth investing in for a number of reasons.  They've already stopped taking purchase orders from retailers, they already have more than enough developers to make games, the consumers watching E3 aren't expected to represent their target audience.  They have a modest marketing budget that they have to spend wisely.  They want to spend it when they have Amicos available for people to buy.  Not sure why they should care much about E3.  Assuming they come out with a ton of stuff in September, this ten minute E3 video will be forgotten.

So do you feel they shouldn't have presented at all?  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Swami said:

You seem to have figured out that you're not, and it would be easy to find out, so you're lying right now.

No, I went by the warning I was sent. It said I was banned. So, ironically I thought I was. Only when I was told today that I was banned only from that topic (which now jaybird3rd told me now I could. Even though the warning says otherwise). 

Now, can you explain why you lied and said that JenJenD banned you. Also, can you explain why were you saying the amico is not using crowdfunding companies, you didn't answer that. 

I'll wait some more.

Edited by Ez G

55 minutes ago, Ez G said:

Because that was the last time I was on Atariage forums. I was told that even though I was banned from one intellivision topic I am eligible to talk on other intellivision topics. That's why I am posting today. No, I did not just open this up, I was sent that warning because I wasn't allowed to post a link about the August 5th event. 

Hope this clears things up. 

FYI Could the warnings be more clear 

39 minutes ago, Ez G said:

No, I went by the warning I was sent. It said I was banned. So, ironically I thought I was. Only when I was told today that I was banned only from that topic (which now jaybird3rd told me now I could. Even though the warning says otherwise).

So for some reason, you kept an old screenshot of a warning that you were supposedly "sent" last summer, and then decided for some reason to come back now and dig it out as "proof" that you are still "banned," without even bothering to check for yourself?  Is that screenshot some sort of treasured "trophy" that you've held on to for all this time?

Sorry, but I never told you that you were "banned only from that topic" or that you could "now" access the topic; I clearly stated that you were never banned from that topic.  I checked today and I checked last May, and it just didn't happen, no matter what your magical screenshot says.

FYI could that be more clear?

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Ez G said:

Now, can you explain why you lied and said that JenJenD banned you. Also, can you explain why were you saying the amico is not using crowdfunding companies, you didn't answer that. 

I'll wait some more.

Even though you knew you mistakenly thought you were banned before and weren't and I told you months ago you probably weren't completely banned. I don't buy it. I'm not arguing with a person who speaks with a forked tongue. I've told you that before. YOU are the one lying about everything. Just warning people. Atari Creep has only banned two people from his channel in over 20 years and EzG was one of them. I think he must have some kind of record for getting banned from YouTube channels, yet AtariAge hasn't banned him, no matter how much he and his friends have bad-mouthed Atariage for being unfair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Swami said:

Even though you knew you mistakenly thought you were banned before and weren't and I told you months ago you probably weren't completely banned. I don't buy it. I'm not arguing with a person who speaks with a forked tongue. I've told you that before. YOU are the one lying about everything. Just warning people. Atari Creep has only banned two people from his channel in over 20 years and EzG was one of them. I think he must have some kind of record for getting banned from YouTube channels, yet AtariAge hasn't banned him, no matter how much he and his friends have bad-mouthed Atariage for being unfair.

I see you work on a double standard. You want to hold someone accountable for something but won't take responsibility for doing the exact same thing. 

When I made my mistake I stepped up an apologize. Have up stepped up and apologize. NO. It doesn't matter that JenJenD used an alter voice. You made a false claim and never apologize for it.

I don't care about that Atari Creep banned me. Give me a person not associate with tommy and the amico all access squad. 

FYI JenJenD uses her voice now. So you have no excuse.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, jaybird3rd said:

So for some reason, you held on to an old screenshot of a warning that you were supposedly "sent" last summer, and then decided for some reason to come back now and dig it out as "proof" that you are still "banned," without even bothering to check for yourself to see if that was the case?

Sorry, but I never told you that you were "banned only from that topic" or that you could "now" access the topic; I clearly stated that you were never banned from that topic.  I checked today and I checked last May, and it just didn't happen, no matter what your magical screenshot says.

FYI could that be more clear?

One, the whole I held onto a screenshot is irreverent it has nothing to do with the question at hand. Also, that pic in on a certain tumblr devoted to the amico. Which is easy to get. The warning said you are "Banned from this topic" why does it say that if that is not the case.

I never said you told me anything. And tommy is the only one that likes Houdini. He's has Houdini paraphernalia. So he knows magic not me. 

If the warning was more Clear this situation would have been avoided. So was I Clear with that explanation.

Edited by Ez G
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

So do you feel they shouldn't have presented at all?  

If it was so not the market, why spend the money on it? A rough presentation would only hurt not help them.

So, it almost sounds like the idea was to intentionally do a rushed video, to a group of people who the product isn't intended for, at an event they paid to present at? That sounds...logical.

If that is the excuse, then save the money and don't present at E3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ez G said:

One, the whole I held onto a screenshot is irreverent it has nothing to do with the question at hand. Also, that pic in on a certain tumblr devoted to the amico. Which is easy to get. The warning said you are "Banned from this topic" why does it say that if that is not the case.

Okay, this raises even more questions.  You say that this screenshot is on Tumblr and that it's "easy to get" ... which implies that that's where you got it from, because otherwise why even bring that up?  So are you claiming that this screenshot was originally taken by you, from a warning that you received yourself while logged in to AtariAge under your own account, or that it came from Tumblr?

Because if this is not your screenshot ... that means that "somebody" got this warning, took a screenshot and posted it to Tumblr, and then at some point it found its way to you, either because you went and got it yourself or because it was (as you say) "sent" to you.  So, just because someone "sent" you a screenshot that says "You're banned from this topic," you believed that you were the one banned from the topic, and made that claim in public while posting the screenshot as "proof," even though you apparently never even tried to log in and check for yourself?  Does that mean that you automatically believe everything you see in screenshots that are "sent" to you, just because someone told you that what they say applies to you?

I never said you told me anything.

Why would you pay any attention to what anyone else says about your moderation status?  Whoever it was, they probably do not have access to the moderation history in the threads, while I do.  Yet, you apparently chose to believe them, even though I had already told you last year that no such "ban" occurred.

If the warning was more _Clear_ this situation would have been avoided.

You mean, the warning that somebody else got and "sent" to you in a screenshot?  If that's the case, then by all means let me clarify: if you are sent a screenshot of a warning that says "You're banned from this topic," the "You're" in that sentence was intended to refer specifically to the person to whom the warning was originally given, and not to any subsequent recipient(s) of the screenshot.  (I can't believe that this actually requires an explanation, but there you are.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

If I had Amico preordered I would be worried after seeing the "New" 2021 trailer which was basically a rehash of 2 yr old footage. Surely they could have made a proper new trailer with all new gameplay footage.  

We are less than 4 months away from when Amico is supposed to launch and we barely got any new gameplay footage.  That is not a good sign.

While I can only speak for myself, as someone who has preordered a substantial number of these I will say that while the E3 trailer didn’t excite me it made no impact on my thoughts around the Amico. In fact, soon after EB Games Canada finally listed the purple one and I bought two more. My 2 cents for what they’re worth.

Having said that I’m fully expecting that there won’t be a full retail release in October but I am hoping for a soft launch possibly for Founders. Time will tell and I won’t lose any sleep over when this comes out and will be happy to play it when it does. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

What about everyone who put down money on a pre order?  Aren't they customers?  I think once any product takes money from people they HAVE to be accountable and transparent to those people.

If the pre order deposit was non refundable I would agree with you, but you can just ask for your refund and get your 100$ back tomorrow, if you are worried about the quality of the games or the system as a whole, just wait until it is launched and you can judge it before purchase, Tommy/IE has said this many times, since this is not crowdfunded, you are not obligated to put in any money until it is on store shelves, the preorder is only an option for people that wants to make sure are among the first to get it, as the availability probably will be pretty scarce even after launch.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cmart604 said:

While I can only speak for myself, as someone who has preordered a substantial number of these I will say that while the E3 trailer didn’t excite me it made no impact on my thoughts around the Amico. In fact, soon after EB Games Canada finally listed the purple one and I bought two more. My 2 cents for what they’re worth.

Having said that I’m fully expecting that there won’t be a full retail release in October but I am hoping for a soft launch possibly for Founders. Time will tell and I won’t lose any sleep over when this comes out and will be happy to play it when it does. 

I hear you, but I'm curious how a potential third delay wouldn't concern you, especially since you've already put up hundreds of dollars.  If this were say Nintendo I could maybe understand giving them the benefit of the doubt, but we are talking about a new start up with no previous track record.  I guess perhaps you're thinking is at worse you could always get a refund?  I think once a company delays a product 3 times in a row its fair to really question what is going on with the company. That is if of course if they do delay, we obviously won't know until its officially announced. I personally hope they can ship something out in Oct, even if its a soft launch. 

Edited by SegaSnatcher

With electronic parts shortages and global shipping backed up, all caused by the global pandemic and driving up their prices; another delay might be the right thing to do.  Next year, they might be able to launch Amico at a lower price or at least lower the price sooner, and also have the numbers manufactured to go along with the marketing campaign they envisioned.  At the same time, every month they delay is costing them.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, jaybird3rd said:

Okay, this raises even more questions.  You say that this screenshot is on Tumblr and that it's "easy to get" ... which implies that that's where you got it from, because otherwise why even bring that up?  So are you claiming that this screenshot was originally taken by you, from a warning that you received yourself while logged in to AtariAge under your own account, or that it came from Tumblr?

Because if this is not your screenshot ... that means that "somebody" got this warning, took a screenshot and posted it to Tumblr, and then at some point it found its way to you, either because you went and got it yourself or because it was (as you say) "sent" to you.  So, just because someone "sent" you a screenshot that says "You're banned from this topic," you believed that you were the one banned from the topic, and made that claim in public while posting the screenshot as "proof," even though you apparently never even tried to log in and check for yourself?  Does that mean that you automatically believe everything you see in screenshots that are "sent" to you, just because someone told you that what they say applies to you?

You mean, the warning that somebody else got and "sent" to you in a screenshot?  If that's the case, then by all means let me clarify: if you are sent a screenshot of a warning that says "You're banned from this topic," the "You're" in that sentence was intended to refer specifically to the person to whom the warning was originally given, and not to any subsequent recipient(s) of the screenshot.  (I can't believe that this actually requires an explanation, but there you are.)

For the record, that is my warning that was sent to me by a mod here. I brought up the pic being available elsewhere to show I don't need to keep it. But if I wanted to keep that screenshot what would be the problem. The ceo of amico has a hater's folder he keeps. 

I never asked a mod if I was banned because no cared to give a warning to why my link was taken down then I received the warning message. 

Last, since I received that warning

Can you now explain what "You're (love how you decided to put that in bold but never answered my question) banned from this topic" means in detail

Edited by Ez G

I don't think it is a "right thing to do" and more of "this is what we have to do". Unless they want to ship it out as a DIY for people to go find whatever parts are missing. :P

I don't think you are going to see a price drop anytime soon. I think it is mainly old tech as it is, so unless they are doing a huge markup, I don't see it dropping in price any sooner. 

Without the certs passed I don't think you are going to see a soft launch for the FE by October. The E3 video just made it seem there wasn't much progress on the software side. If this is delayed for another year like I'm guessing, I would try and get EWJ for launch. That will help move some consoles.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ez G said:

For the record, that is my warning that was sent to me by a mod here. I brought up the pic being available elsewhere to show I don't need to keep it. But if I wanted to keep that screenshot what would be the problem. The ceo of amico has a hater's folder he keeps. 

I never asked a mod if I was banned because no cared to give a warning to why my link was taken down then I received the warning message. 

So you're now saying that a moderator here removed a link of yours and then sent you a screenshot of a message that you would have seen if you had been blocked from the thread as a "warning"?  That sounds like a lot more trouble than just blocking you from the thread or writing a PM, either one of which would have been a more plausible story.  If you're going to come here and make a claim like that about the moderating staff, you should be able to produce more credible proof.  Why don't you post the name of this "moderator," and the exact date, time, and means by which you received this "warning," so we can verify it?  Or, if you don't want to post that information publicly, just dig up the PM or post where you supposedly received this "warning" and click the "Report" button to file a report that only the moderators can see.

(FWIW, this doesn't sound like anything that any of us would have done—especially after 9:00PM local time, according to the timestamp on the screenshot.  For one thing, we don't get blocked from threads and thus never see that message ourselves, so a screenshot like this wouldn't be so easy to produce at a moment's notice.)

Last, since I received that warning

Can you now explain what "You're (love how you decided to put that in bold but never answered my question) banned from this topic" means in detail

"You're banned from this topic" sounds like a message you would get if you were banned from a topic.  That seems clear enough to me, so I'm not sure what about it needs to be "explained in detail."  Except that in your case, it never happened because you were never banned, and you would have known that if you had bothered to check, instead of bragging to your friends in YouTube comments that you were banned and brandishing the screenshot as some sort of "trophy."