IGNORED

Intv Spiker Volleyball = 12,000

Rev

23 hours ago, Rev said:

Is this price the new normal?!??

And some people was worrying that the BSR reissue was going to effect price of original.  Silly kids.

0D18E1D6-4F07-4ACD-896C-96FCA87E9759.jpeg

So you believe that the reissue of games has no effect on the value of the originals?

It certainly doesnt raise their values.

21 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

So you believe that the reissue of games has no effect on the value of the originals?

It certainly doesnt raise their values.

Well, in my humble two cents opinion, for such ultrarare games, re-issues have no effect at all on the price.

Starting from 500 bucks, those who are ready to put such amount on the table are real collectors that are looking for original stuff, possibly in good conditions.

So, a reissue is totally useless for them, even if, probably, they buy one copy anyway just for completionist pourpose.

Those who buy just a reissue will never spend so much money for an original one, no matter what.

For me they are two completely different and separate markets, with reissues not affecting at all the original’s prices.

I think that reissues are good because they give an affordable opportunity to passionate collectors to buy, play and have at home games that otherwise would never be able to have, if they are not wealthy…

Having said that, the price asked by that german seller is simply ridiculous.

It’s a pitty to see such a nice and important game in the hands of a crazy reseller…

• Like 4

1 hour ago, retrogmr said:

To play devil's advocate, one might say that the re-issues (because they're official and were produced in much lower quantities) should be worth MORE than the original.

Yeah,I think I better start stockpiling copies of the reissues now,ahead of their soon to be over inflated future values.

2 hours ago, retrogmr said:

To play devil's advocate, one might say that the re-issues (because they're official and were produced in much lower quantities) should be worth MORE than the original.

Although to counter that I suspect there are less copies of the original left vs the re-issue. ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Although to counter that I suspect there are less copies of the original left vs the re-issue. ?

You may be right. Thinking back the last 10 years or so… Spikers arent coming out of the woodwork. 

For arguments sake, lets say in the last 10 years we seen 10 Spikers on ebay each year, thats 100 Spikers. I doubt we even seen 5 spikers per year show up. 

A lot of Spikers are currently in the hands of collectors.  A percentage of those collectors have publicly indicated that they own one.  Many others don't discuss it on social media.  I collected years before joining any forums.  Who knows how many fall into that category.  I suspect there's at least 1 non-public Spiker for each public one and more likely many many more.

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

Any one would know how many Spikers were produced and/sold sold back in the late eighties?

I thought I heard 10k each for Spiker and SMB.

Just because something is more rare does not necessarily mean it's more valuable 

19 hours ago, retrogmr said:

Not in the case of Spiker! where the reissue is not the official version or the original.

3 hours ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

What are you talking about? The re-issue is official. How is it not?

3 hours ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

What are you talking about? The re-issue is official. How is it not?

Ok,then its officially the second official release of Spiker!

Unless you want to claim that the Intv Corp. release became unofficial because of the BSR release.

18 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Ok,then its officially the second official release of Spiker!

Unless you want to claim that the Intv Corp. release became unofficial because of the BSR release.

Nobody as far as I know claims that the INTV Corp. release of Spiker! became 'unofficial' because of the Blue Sky Ranger release. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...