IGNORED

BattleSphere Gold not working

Has anyone else had a problem getting BattleSphere Gold working? I tried several different roms, with and without a couple of different MRQs. A friend even sent his e2p file of the game, but I still just get a blank screen when booting. I don't think it's a problem with my console or SD card because I've been able to get everything working except a few CDs and this game. Anyone have a recommendation on what I might do to fix this?

7 hours ago, Lucky Man said:

I did. It works perfectly on my console, but I much prefer to just play everything through the flash cart.

The rom from the most easily available source works. Saving seems a little funny though. Make an mrq file with the default settings, start the game, it will crash. Turn off the system and load the game again and it should work. It doesn't seem to save settings or anything though.

22 minutes ago, WIZZARD77 said:

The rom from the most easily available source works. Saving seems a little funny though. Make an mrq file with the default settings, start the game, it will crash. Turn off the system and load the game again and it should work. It doesn't seem to save settings or anything though.

Yes, I tried that, but I just keep getting a blank screen and the game never starts and also doesn't seem to create its own e2p file. When you say the default mrq settings, you didn't set the eeprom or anything, did you?

1 hour ago, Lucky Man said:

Yes, I tried that, but I just keep getting a blank screen and the game never starts and also doesn't seem to create its own e2p file. When you say the default mrq settings, you didn't set the eeprom or anything, did you?

Nope, left the default settings alone. Without an mrq it doesn't creat the correct e2p file. Even with the mrq it still doesn't save to the e2p but it can see an initialize the save area and at least run properly. 

If anyone knows how to create a savable e2p file I'd love to know how.

Yeah, I get a red screen with regular Battlesphere and would love to see what's different between it and BSG.

I wish I could save the codes on BSG. I love the warp tunnel effect and the developer ships. I have them all unlocked on my real cart, but would love to have it all set on the Game drive.

Battlesphere was one of the only games that worked around the Jaguar's encryption... think that might have something to do with it not working correctly? Might not be the same deal with "BS Gold" where the encryption keys were available to the public around the release date of that game... Just a thought; I could be wrong.

Edited by philipj

For your MRQ file, I assume default settings are a 128B EEPROM, which is not correct for BSG. It uses a 2048B EEPROM. Might need to tweak that to get saves working. It works fine with no EEPROM on a physical cartridge though, so I doubt that's preventing it from starting at all.

1 hour ago, WIZZARD77 said:

Also, hit the B button to skip the Jag logo screen as soon as possible. This seems to help difficult games load, mainly CD games. If you let it play out, it may not boot

Okay, this worked! How strange. Thanks Wizzard!

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, walter_J64bit said:

Ok I've switched to my Model K NTSC Jag and now BSG works just fine. ? I'm guessing that BSG doesn't work with the Model M NTSC Jags.  

It's strange that the original BS does not work.  I know it's a good dump as I've successfully burned to cartridge.  Model K NTSC.  do not have a model M to test with.