IGNORED

Suncom Icontroller Joystick Controller

Allan

I actually bought an 800xl in a lot of Atari equipment on Ebay that had one of these attached.  Never really used it (I bough the lot for other things in it).

Was planning to go to my storage unit soon to grab it and maybe make that my 2nd U1MB machine because of that.  I'll let you know if I do and if so, how it worked out.

I am also a commodork as well as an AtariDork.. I bought a C128 a few years ago, the strikemodem wifi modem, the SD drive, etc.. Then I had searched for an Icontroller here and fortunately there was a user who “had one in his shed” I believe it was.. After some back and forth a deal was struck and I became the owner of a BARELY used icontroller.. It works FABULOUS with the c128, but I have not tested it with the Atari.

If you wanna PM me and ask me to test with my XEGS I will be happy to do so.. just tell me what software…. 

Mark

It's just a stick on controller... it's pass through... nothing complicated, it was a very cheap and handy joystick and worked with both the Atari and Commodore, the pins pass straight through... it is not meant for intense game play.

Do not confuse this one with the way more expensive icontrollers made for apple and ibm machine, they were analog and full featured multifunction devices costing a good money. Atari Commodore versions only cost 9.99 new back in the day where as ibm/apple where closer to 50!

We put them a quite a few machines BITD

Thanks for everybody's input. So for non-game software, it's only going to work if the software uses the joystick to control it. Which would mean it wouldn't work with programs like word processors unless it had cursor control from the joystick, which most don't.

• 1 month later...