IGNORED

Jumpman Cassete Version

glurk

9 minutes ago, vespertillio said:

I still have mine. Remember the long load times. Soooooooo long.

Yeah, he would slowly climb that ladder as the levels loaded.  Which reminds me, way back then, I made a disk-based crack of the tape version, with all four tapes on one disk, and it loads the same way, but he climbs up pretty quick.  I still have that on disk, but would need to make it into an ATR image to post it.  Kinda pointless to do, I guess.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, glurk said:

Yeah, he would slowly climb that ladder as the levels loaded.  Which reminds me, way back then, I made a disk-based crack of the tape version, with all four tapes on one disk, and it loads the same way, but he climbs up pretty quick.  I still have that on disk, but would need to make it into an ATR image to post it.  Kinda pointless to do, I guess.

not pointless at all, I love versions folks have cobbled together where every part of the different animations, screens, titles, loading, and extra graphics are included. Even more so when a game played slightly differently depending on version and you get to choose which you want to play.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

Well, I was going to make an ATR image of it, and post it.  But I tried and have absolutely no idea how to do that.  I have an SIO2PC device, and the Respeqt software, but no clue how to get it to read a real disk and make it into an ATR.  Is there a step-by-step guide to doing this?  If someone can point me to one, I'll see if I can get it done.  Thanks.

So, apparently making ATR images is impossible for me.  As far as I can tell, the Respeqt software can ONLY act as D1: (and higher) and your REAL drive must be set as D2:

But, my Percom drive will not set as D2:, it MUST be used as D1:  Even with jumpers changed, it doesn't work.

They can't BOTH be D1:, so I am left in an impossible situation I guess.

This behaviour is weird. RespeQt should be able to "switch off" its own D1.

But if you really can indeed only get D1 to work, copy from D1: to D1: and instead of changing disks, plug and unplug the drive and SIO2PC.

Btw.: Would you share the audio file of the dump for a8preservation.com's archives?

Edited by DjayBee

Hey.  The cassette dumps are in the first post, and sure you can have them.  They're there for anybody that wants them.

I will try your ideas using both things as D1: and see if I can make that work.  Because I have other disks too that I want to make into ATR's so I need to figure out a way to get this to work.

• Like 1