IGNORED

FloB - teaser

bocianu

8 minutes ago, Jetboot Jack said:

@bocianu Will there be a "donation" option for those us who will use the download version rather than buy a cart, but would like to support you/show our appreciation for your effort?

sTeVE

When the game will be released for download on my website bocianu.atari.pl ,

I will be able to add the option to support me via PayPal, for example

Edited by bocianu
error in URL
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, bocianu said:

Size: ~400KB
Media: cartridge 
Requirements: Atari XL/XE (64KB), stereo as an option, works both on PAL and NTSC machines

Am working on an Android XL/XE emulator at the moment... Would you expect any problems in emulation? What bank switching scheme is it using?

This game represents the perfect use of cartridges:

- runs on 64KB machines

- quickly loads a lot of data

- saves states

- multicarts are allowed (but MaxFlash cart is necessary to save because unfortunately multicarts don't emulate MaxFlash save).

• Like 2

Technically cartridge will be compatible with Maxflash 8Mbit banking scheme, and a free image will be in that format too.

So a free version given by @bocianu you will run in the emulator, or in Maxflash 8Mbit cartridge, or any compatible cartridge with minimum 4Mbit of flash memory, or multicart which supports that format.

Edited by Mq.
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Hey, I assume FloB's announcement will be featuring on the front pages of Indieretronews.com (http://www.indieretronews.com/search/label/Atari XE), complete with images and the video? It's always nice to see them shout about A8 games over there and keep the other 8 bit communities up to speed with all things Atari. :-D

Just seen it's now also on the Atari XL/XE landing page of http://www.indieretronews.com/search/label/Atari XE ..  woohoo!

First Atarionline.pl, then AA, now Indieretronews..........  next   THE WORLD!!! mmwwwaaahaaahaahhaaaa!!! (..ooo world domination...just like in the game!) :-D

Glad people are signing up to buy this and pledging donations for the free version. Innovative titles like this keep the A8 alive and fresh - (well as fresh as can be for decades old tech) - and lots of us locked in rooms trying to solve puzzles.:lust: Between this and the excellent PoP I'm probably not gonna see sunlight in coming months heh heh!! 8)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bocianu said:

screen3.png.ffd1ff0991cec58320b7965ffc7c860c.png  screen4.png.dca062f67f6bf7928717e15fd0553b17.png

screen7.png.e47aaa5fca99f60d89b742bcd27aae33.png  screen8.png.77a2fe2e4e26500552c8d8a289d4abe0.png

screen10.png.42dc3a5a04694029fb5830ac3b68b4fa.png  screen0.png.6eae20908962b021faf75ddedb2e3992.png

The premiere of the game will take place at "LOST Party" in Lichen on July 10th - during The Game Compo.

Cover ART spoiler:

poster.thumb.png.69cf67972fc9118ab8cdf86a30e9fc1f.png

Whoaa!!

Gotta love that bold, "impressionist" look... reminds me a bit of "Zim Invader" gfx-signature...

400Kb... And still runs on 64KB ram and NTSC / PAL !!

Kudos!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ilmenit said:

Looking at the trailer, is it only me for who the screen rotation effect is good looking but very quickly tiring? Is there an option to turn the rotation off and just keep the character gravity reversed?

None of the several testers reported such a problem to me.
I don't think the video captures the full experience of the game either.
When you control the flob, that flip is very smooth,
it only takes 12 frames, which is less than 1/4 of a second.

Once you catch the flow, the flipping seems very natural.

You'll see for yourself soon enough ;)

• Like 1