IGNORED

FloB - teaser

bocianu

4 minutes ago, Faicuai said:

Bizarre...

Flasher detects 1Mbit cart and proceeds like a walk-in-the-park, and a happy ending, too! ?

Testing now on 8mbit one... will see shortly....

Yes, because it is universal flasher for all Atarimax. Then it flashes wrong cartridge by some of banks, and then it can't work properly ofcourse.

1 hour ago, Faicuai said:

All this on ATARIMAX 128KB cart.

The game has aproximately ~400KB,

it will not work on 128KB cart.

I have to admin that I do not have to opportunity to test it on other device than dedicated cartridge (based on AtariMax MaxFlash)

Edited by bocianu

9 minutes ago, Mq. said:

Yes, because it is universal flasher for all Atarimax. Then it flashes wrong cartridge by some of banks, and then it can't work properly ofcourse.

Ok, solved too... It DOES need an 8 Mbit Atarimax cart (should have seen the LARGE .ATR size, to begin with...)

It seems the 800/Incognito can successfully flash Atarimax carts, after all, with RAS signal in place of PHi2 on Left-cart port... ??

Now, I must say the SOUND... I am listening through a JBL Charge-3 (with latest firmware) that I have been testing for a while (as I am replacing my old and bottom-of-the-barrel speakers) and all I can saw is... WoW (!)

Not only original, but it also sounds polished / refined... Like Prince-of-Persia, seems like Pokey at its very best.

Congrats to the entire production team!!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Faicuai said:

v1.0.1 (or whatever the latest update is), does not work on my 800XL or 800/Incognito, on either delta-patched Atarimax cart, or whole new image for AVG, both tested on all systems... what happens is right after two initial splash screens, it goes dark and dead... no further signs of life.

The image for AVGCart with added saving support requires a firmware update to the AVGCart, did you do that?

Edited by pseudografx
Oops, seems I was late to the party.
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 9:43 PM, Beeblebrox said:

At some stage will U1MB with SIDE3 be able to save progress just outta interest? I assume not possible. Just asking. :-D

When I asked if it was possible to delete files from the SD card using SIDE3 loader FJC said that would require bein able to write to the SD card and it was something for the future, so there is hope….

• Thanks 1

Just played my first rounds…. Love it !

Plays fine on my PAL 600XL with either NTSC or PAL ANTIC selected. Prefer NTSC (as almost always), like the colours better and the faster gameplay.

Amazing new concept, love the graphics, lovely stereo music (push SELECT during game for different tunes !) and challenging indeed !

normally I don’t buy physical releases but I’m in doubt now…. Either a good donation or the real cart….

Edited by Level42
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2021 at 12:58 AM, Faicuai said:

Ok, this part is solved...

D021 vs DD021 ... duh!! The devil is on the details... Just too blind, lately...

Same problem here, after the intro dead screen...

Firmware is 0020 on my AVG cart, does it mean I need firmware DD021 ?

And if, where can I find it?

Edited by Tigerduck

12 minutes ago, Faicuai said:

Correct. I remember finding it (included) with the AVG-specific image of Flob.

Thank you, you are completly right.

I was so excited that I ignored everything except the CAR-File...?

Works now for me?

Edited by Tigerduck
  • Like 2