IGNORED

FloB - teaser

bocianu

It is lottery. I was shipping many times packages from Poland to USA, and record delivery time was two weeks. But... I noticed another record (in a bad way), and it was three months. Most of packages arrives in about one month.

I already sent five or six FloB packages to the USA and Canada two days ago. We'll see when they will arrive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

Yep, arrived by FedEx in perfect condition, took 6 days. No complaints here. 

What do you think delivery time will be to the USA for Flob?

I asked for my Last Squadron to come regular post from Poland to save costs...it took exactly 21 days.  Which is inline with stuff Lotharek ships.  Now that's to Canada.  YMMV.

My FloB has shipped as well, so I'm expecting a similar timeline.

Edited by 8bitguy1
added more info
  • Like 2

I have flashed Flob to one of my AtariMaxFlash carts and it runs fine.

I just had the time to do the update from 1.01 to 1.02 on the cart and noticed strange behaviour.

With 320k + ATARI XL OS + ATARI BASIC the flash process does not start. The flash programm goes till it shows "sector: 0" and then stops without further loading from disc.

After switching the OS to ALTIRRA + ALTIRRA BASIC everything is fine. The update is flashed to the cart. The game shows 1.02 on start screen.

1 hour ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Is basic needed for something? If the answer is no then just have your flasher turn it off... I don't think I have basic active when I flash stuff as most flashers I use don't need or want it.

Personally I don't think BASIC matters. I just switched to my 'real ALTIRRA' config, so BASIC switch was done too ;) I think the SIO handling differs a bit as ALTIRRA OS has higher SIO speeds by default compared to ATARI XL OS.

If it helps... The update to v1.01 from 1.00 ran fine with ATARI XL OS on the same machine.

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing FloB on tomorrow's (Tue Aug 3, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 8PM PT | 11PM ET | 3AM GMT+1Day!

Games:

• The Last Squadron (2021 | Retail 8-Bit) by Janusz Chablowski @shanti77 (code/gfx) /Michal Szpilowski @miker (music/sfx)
  • FloB (2021 | 8-Bit) by bocianu @bocianu (Idea/code/graphics/sfx), Music: LiSU, Miker, AceMan, PG, Zoltar X, Hardware design and production: Mq

(SET TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY!)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2021 at 5:05 AM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing FloB on tomorrow's (Tue Aug 3, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 8PM PT | 11PM ET | 3AM GMT+1Day!

Btw. FloB has a version for AVGCart that supports saving progress. You have to flash a new firmware to the cart to make it work but it's trivial. Everything can be found either in the AVGCart thread at AA or at FloB's homepage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pseudografx said:

Btw. FloB has a version for AVGCart that supports saving progress. You have to flash a new firmware to the cart to make it work but it's trivial. Everything can be found either in the AVGCart thread at AA or at FloB's homepage.

Nice! Thanks for the tip, I'll go check it out! Being able to save my progress would be excellent so I can try out all the worlds without having to leave on my system 24/7. ;-)

- James

EDIT: It works, thank you so much! I did a speedrun of the first level, rebooted and it saved! So awesome. I'll have to schedule it for the show again soon to continue playing.

• Like 2

16. Ndary
17. Oldyoldson
18. Hurrican
19. a6502
20. Allan
21. hasanc
22. janzh
23. electrohaze
24. Gunstar
25. Tigerduck

Actual ordering list for next batch (info will be send for about one week):

26. mariusz-buk
27. manopac
28. atari-passion
29. FifthPlayer
30. adam242

31. swlovinist

New persons: please copy that list and sign up to this shortened list on next position if you want.

• Like 1

One person didn't respond. So if you still want your FloB, then contact me, please:
26. mariusz-buk

All preorders are closed.

27. manopac
28. atari-passion
29. FifthPlayer
30. adam242

31. swlovinist

32. davidcalgary29

33. davidcalgary29

If anyone else want to have a physical release of FloB, then please contact me here, or in a private message.

There is no signup list anymore, but we have a few boxed FloB cartridges left.