IGNORED

FloB - teaser

bocianu

Got mine. Just wanted to chime in and say thanks. This is a brilliant game, with incredible production values (both of the game itself and the packaging). It went directly to the top of my 'top 5 best homebrews' on the system.

• Like 2

My copy had the exceptionally good timing of arriving today, my birthday! Will be making time to enjoy it this evening. I too have just barely tried the game in emulation to wait for the real deal.

Postmark was the 9th... nine days is perfectly reasonable international shipping time, especially for only US$7.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, adam242 said:

My copy had the exceptionally good timing of arriving today, my birthday! Will be making time to enjoy it this evening. I too have just barely tried the game in emulation to wait for the real deal.

Postmark was the 9th... nine days is perfectly reasonable international shipping time, especially for only US$7.

Happy Birthday!

• Thanks 1

Hi!

FloB has a new version:

version 1.03 - 5.09.2021

- fixed color bug in NTSC credits screen
- fixed bug of "spreaded flob" on world selection screen in NTSC
- fixed PMG color bug on reveal screen (NTSC)
- pokey mode is shown now on title screen (stereo/mono)
- added key controls on the flob statistics screen
- another attempt to fix rare flob dissection bug
- new hint added in "Return to the Lab" (nosty case)

You can download it from here: https://bocianu.atari.pl/blog/flob

Remember! You can update your cartridge safely without losing your progress!

You will find all the information on my website, which I have listed above.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

I can't seem to upgrade my FloB cart (bought the boxed copy) to the latest version.  I have run the updater twice and neither time would the game boot to the main FloB screen.  I do get the TGS Studio and Workshop screens, but then it crashes.  If I roll back the cart to the 1.02 it works fine.  My setup is an U1MB/Sophia2/PokeyMax 2 XEGS and I'm using the Fujinet as the SIO device to run the update ATR.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I'm guessing not as I've seen any other problems reported...so I'm guessing the problem is PEBKAC but any help would be appreciated...

EDIT I just tried the 1.03 AVG Cart version and it doesn't work either...so the issue probably exists with my set up?

• Confused 1

It is actually "Mq Workshop" screen:-)

I think it is issue with your particular setup. I tested 1.03 update on about ten cartridges. I'm testing ready cartridges on two machines. First one is Atari 65XE PAL with 1MB SIMMexp, and two systems: original XLOS and QMEG. Second machine is Atari 65XE NTSC in original stock configuration.

Can you try the cartridge on any other machine?

2 hours ago, 8bitguy1 said:

I can't seem to upgrade my FloB cart (bought the boxed copy) to the latest version.  I have run the updater twice and neither time would the game boot to the main FloB screen.  I do get the TGS Studio and Workshop screens, but then it crashes.  If I roll back the cart to the 1.02 it works fine.  My setup is an U1MB/Sophia2/PokeyMax 2 XEGS and I'm using the Fujinet as the SIO device to run the update ATR.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I'm guessing not as I've seen any other problems reported...so I'm guessing the problem is PEBKAC but any help would be appreciated...

EDIT I just tried the 1.03 AVG Cart version and it doesn't work either...so the issue probably exists with my set up?

I'm 99% sure, that it can be PokeyMax related.

Only thing that was added at this point is stereo pokey detection routine. 

I do not have PokeyMax to test it, but regular stereo uprade seems to work fine.

I will check that anyway - maybe the routine included in MadPascal libraries is not perfect one.

gimme a few days ;)

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Mq. said:

It is actually "Mq Workshop" screen:-)

My apologies... yes the Mq Workshop screen.

21 hours ago, Mq. said:

I think it is issue with your particular setup. I tested 1.03 update on about ten cartridges. I'm testing ready cartridges on two machines. First one is Atari 65XE PAL with 1MB SIMMexp, and two systems: original XLOS and QMEG. Second machine is Atari 65XE NTSC in original stock configuration.

Can you try the cartridge on any other machine?

It works fine on my other A8s.  .tmp and I have also independently determined it is likely the Pokeymax causing the issue.  

Hi!

New version of FloB was released, but do not rush to update it if 1.0.3 worked fine for you.

The only change in 1.0.3b is Pokey Stereo detection routine.

It was failing on PokeyMax. Now it works fine for old stereo, and for new PokeyMax.

You can download it from here: https://bocianu.atari.pl/blog/flob

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hi folks, I'm a newbie in the A8 world, slowly learning from all you super clever people!

I want to play this game in real hardware (XEGS, 600XL with @tf_hh RAM expansion), using the Atarimax 8Mbit cart.

If possible, could someone explain how to flash the .car file to the cart? Just dragging the file to the "workbook" is enough?

Also, I'd like to acknowledge the creators' efforts with a paypal donation. Unfortunately I'm not able to buy the phisycal cartridge at this moment.

Thanks to everyone!