IGNORED

Disk Copiers

After seeing the post from @glurk and his disk editing tool, I looked through my old stuff and found a couple of disk copiers I wrote.

They are written using MAC/65 and were made solely for use by me and a friend when we were developing games and the easiest way

to transfer data was to copy whole disks, there was nothing really suitable so I wrote these.

One copies Single/Enhanced density disks (1 or 2 passes), the other Double Density (2 pass), the DD one also has a high speed SIO patch installed.

I wrote the first one before I got a USD, then modified the code when I had a DD drive.

I have attached an ATR for each and a 3rd ATR that has the source code for anyone interested in having a look, sorry

but there are no comments in the code (back then I had a great memory and had no need for comments).

The coding is not very structured (again sorry for that), but I used to be able to imagine what I needed to do and

just write the code.

They only work on a 130XE as it uses the Banked memory in the 130XE to allow a 1 or 2 pass copy with a single density or DD drive.

BASIC needs to be disabled when running these, the copiers are self booting, no DOS.

When I gave this to my friend, I told him it was exclusively for us, some months later I was at my computer club and

one of the members offered me some new disk copy utilities he had acquired, bet you can guess what they were :)

SE130XE Copy.atr DD130XE Copy.atr Disk Copy Src.atr

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an Alphaload Disk with some utilities on it, "I've been ripped off by a Pirate" :)

This is my program, the guy just removed my name put his name in and managed to screw the screen formatting

I feel sort of violated ?

My Originals:-

image.thumb.png.98486b79bea32ff36eee5591ffd2a105.png

image.thumb.png.bdabaa8341d6eda7fe87f6f684286214.png

The Pirated Versions:-

image.thumb.png.e9d6a16ad35aaac0db23cb34a91cb227.png

image.thumb.png.0ed90abd76f0bcfbebd63f2248ae2add.png

It's sad, same thing happened to me, back in the day I wrote a disk drive to disk drive copier, it was all done between the asem ed cart and Omnimon, it was very, very messy, no code notes, it was so poor I didn't even put a name to it. It truly just was a test to see if I could do it and as limited looking it was it did a single density copy. As I didn't have two drives I took it around to a mate to test it as he had 4 drives, I tried it, and it worked. I by accident left the did in the drive.

A few weeks later I picked up a bundle of disks from another mate and was a little annoyed to find my copier in them. I would not mind but it was so beta, hardly any on-screen text bar insert disk and hit start..No hint of what it did...

A total exercise for me, but pirated?????  Was there no limits to the quality of the crap they pirated....Embarrassing if nothing else..

Your program was at least good looking and did a lot more, shame someone tried to steal your work...