IGNORED

A game I'm trying to find the title of-- kind of like Flashback

retrorussell

Just had some fuzzy memories of a game I played for the Amiga in the early 90s.  It wasn't Flashback but it kind of felt like it-- side action game with I think screen by screen action (ala Pitfall).  It was perhaps a futuristic human city with tall aliens.  You had an awkward-looking kick attack.  The aliens could grab you with one hand and choke you.  I couldn't seem to break out of their grip and I died.

Does this ring any bells?  I am pretty sure this came out before Flashback.  Aliens didn't choke you in Flashback and I distinctly remember them doing that in this game.

Thanks in advance if anyone has anything!

18 hours ago, retrorussell said:

You had an awkward-looking kick attack.  The aliens could grab you with one hand and choke you

These are pretty good clues, but I can't think of anything. My first thoughts were Ranx & Metal Mutant, but don't think they qualify.

Prison looks interesting btw, have never played it before...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, youxia said:

These are pretty good clues, but I can't think of anything. My first thoughts were Ranx & Metal Mutant, but don't think they qualify.

Prison looks interesting btw, have never played it before...

Oh my God... it's Prison!  Thank you so much!  No one seems to have a playthrough video on this but I was able to see enough to know that's it.  Mystery solved!

Glad to help ?

And from the manual: ”Rapidly moving the joystick from right to left will relase you from a strangle hold”

I did not remember that part, I checked the on line manual just now, but I did remember the awkward looking kick. ? That partially gave it away for me

Edited by NumbThumb
  • Like 1