IGNORED

Atari 7800 Label Variations List

Philflound

Ok, here are the end labels and manuals I'm missing. End labels I'm being detailed, manuals, go to each game and see what the description of the missing manual.

End Labels needed:

Asteroids 1986 Taiwan

Centipede 1987 Taiwan

Choplifter 1987 Taiwan, 1987 Hong Kong small

Crack'ed 1988 Hong Kong

Dig Dug 1987 Hong Kong only italics, 1987 Taiwan

Food Fight 1987 China, 1988 Hong Kong

Galaga 1986 Taiwan, 1987 Hong Kong only italics, 1987 Hong Kong small normal

Jinks 1989 Hong Kong

Joust 1987 China, 1988 Hong Kong

Karateka 1987 Taiwan

Mario Bros. 1988 China

Ms. Pac-Man 1988 Hong Kong

One on One 1987 Taiwan, 1988 Hong Kong

Pole Position II 1984 text, 1986 text, 1988 China

Robotron 1986 Taiwan

Xevious 1987 Hong Kong only italics

Manuals:

Ace of Aces Man A

Asteroids Man C & D

Ballblazer Man D

Choplifter Man A, C, D & E

Commando Man C

Crack'ed Man B & C

Crossbow Man B & C

Dig Dug Man A & E

Donkey Kong Man B

Donkey Kong Jr Man B

Food Fight Man A & C

Hat Trick Man B

Ikari Warriors Man B

Impossible Mission Man B

Jinks Man B & C

Karateka Man A, B, C & D

Mario Bros. Man B

Mean 18 Golf Man A & C

Motor Psycho Man B

Ms. Pac-Man Man C, D & F

One on One Man A, B & D

Planet Smashers Man C

Pole Position II Man A, B, C, E, F & J

Robotron Man A & D

Super Huey Man B, C & D

Touchdown FB B & C

Tower Toppler B & D

Xevious B, D & E

Edited by Philflound

I have went through all the manuals and noticed a few mistakes (probably from copying and pasting) and a couple of manuals I have that you do not have.

On the Winter Games manual you have the part number as -031 even though on the manual it is -31.  On Planet Smashers you have the part number as -070 instead of -068.  Also on Planet Smashers manual A you have G.C.8.1990 instead of G.C.7.1990. On Ms. Pac-Man manual B, you have B.T.5.1986 instead of B.T.5.1988. For the sole Midnight Mutants manual you have Rev. A and I do not see a revision anywhere.  I see no revision on the Hat Trick manual either.  You have the wrong part number on the Food Fight manual.  On the Basketbrawl manual you have the copyright as 1988 instead of 1990.  You have the wrong part number for the Alien Brigade manual.  You also have the wrong part number on the Ace of Aces manual.

I have a Desert Falcon manual you do not have listed.  It has the same part number, revision, and copyright year, but is printed in Taiwan and has K.I.7.1987.  My Dan Kitchen's Tomcat: The F-14 Fighter Simulator is also different.  My part number is AK-046-03.

I have Tower Toppler manual B, Touchdown Football manual B, Pole Position II manual F, Mean 18 Ultimate Golf manual A, and Karateka manual B.  Who knows when I could get them scanned though.

Edit: I also realized I do not have a Donkey Kong, Jr. manual easily accessible.  I am sure I have one in a Donkey Kong, Jr. box somewhere, but not loose.

Email is fine. Yes, I did a lot of copy/paste so I was bound to make mistakes. I'll review everything this weekend. I've been getting some new and missing scans from someone already, so I have a lot of work and updating to do. What I didn't put up and will probably also do this weekend are the owner's manuals. I have some and am missing some, so keep your eyes open for when I upload that page. This took a lot more work than I thought as I had to investigate pretty much everything. AA only shows one listing. Atariboxed sometimes has a different one or a PAL scan, and Atarimania doesn't have anything for the 7800 whatsoever. 

If you see scans that need replacing, please help. Some are a bit warped because I took them off Ebay on angles and Daniel fixed them as best as he could. Thanks for the help.

Phil

If you want to see what missing end labels and manuals I have the list here on the last page. I can edit this list as I can't on AA, so I wasn't going to post it here until I was done modifying what has been sent to me. If it's not on the list here, then I've received scans but haven't gotten to put it on the site yet.

https://www.videogamesage.com/forums/topic/254-atari-7800-full-us-list-with-variants7800-lovefest/page/3/?tab=comments&_fromLogin=1

On 9/13/2021 at 9:14 PM, jeremiahjt said:

I have a Desert Falcon manual you do not have listed.  It has the same part number, revision, and copyright year, but is printed in Taiwan and has K.I.7.1987.  My Dan Kitchen's Tomcat: The F-14 Fighter Simulator is also different.  My part number is AK-046-03.

By the end of the weekend, I'll update everything I've gotten. As for your F-14, that is the Atari 2600 manual part, so you may want to look at the title page and see if it says Atari 2600.

http://www.videogamevariations.com/AtariCompanies/AbsoluteGames/Tomcat/tomcat_f14_manuals.htm

21 minutes ago, Philflound said:

By the end of the weekend, I'll update everything I've gotten. As for your F-14, that is the Atari 2600 manual part, so you may want to look at the title page and see if it says Atari 2600.

http://www.videogamevariations.com/AtariCompanies/AbsoluteGames/Tomcat/tomcat_f14_manuals.htm

I thought that might be the reason as I do have the mislabeled cartridge.

19 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

I thought that might be the reason as I do have the mislabeled cartridge.

I fixed everything you pointed out. Correcting some text is much easier than putting in manuals and creating new pages. I double checked everything you said. Yes, using copy/paste has a tendency of me forgetting to change things.

The most difficult thing with adding a new variation is if it's an earlier one and there are lots of variations. Because I'm keeping everything in order, if the new variation goes first or before others already done, then I have to relabel all the pictures along with relabeling the text in my document and all the variation names on the pages. I just got an early Robotron from someone that I'm going to have to rename all the scan pages of the two manuals I've already done. I'm anticipating having to do it more with other titles I'm receiving scans for.

Again, this is part of the reason why I never did the Atari 2600 games. Though I did several 3rd party for the 2600, the Atari itself is going to be a pain. And I have HUNDREDS (probably no less than 700) of manuals just for the Atari itself. Just a lot of work scanning everything.

Edited by Philflound

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to give an update. My computer that I work on the website is no longer working properly. It has issues loading. The hard drive should be fine as I have 2 hard drives just for this problem. I keep saying that I'm going to have someone look at it, but there have been personal issues of other "happenings" in my life that the website was not a priority. If I'm correct and looking at the site, I did finish everything for the games. I know I wanted to add Owner's manuals, and possibly some other paperwork, but unless I received a new variation or two on anything, the 7800 should be rather complete. When I get the computer back up and running, I'll let you know and we'll take it from there.

Phil