IGNORED

Atari 7800 Label Variations List

Philflound

Cool project!   I am happy to look through a few variations that I have to contribute if necessary.   One thing that I did notice is that there are some carts with spring loaded covers on the end as well.   Just another thing to document but might be something else to identify certain carts with.  

When you say spring loaded covers, are you referring to what I call C2 with my 2600 list? I thought I had scans of the circuit board protectors, but I guess not. C1 was the locking one, C2 was the spring with one slit only, C3 was no protector.

I'm defaulting everything to a C3, which I'll probably need correcting on with some of them. Going over the list that "nrslam" has on video game sage website, I'm finding more variations than what is listed there. In fact, I'm going to contact him and ask if he can help me when I'm ready. There are going to be several scans on my site that will look really bad, but I want to get whatever I can find, just to show proof and hopefully will acquire a real scan to replace them. This is much tougher than I thought. Probably because I have very little to go on and spending hours doing the research. To give an example. I just "finished" Choplifter. I have 4 cart variations and 4 box variations. Only 3 manuals, but since I have a Taiwan, I'm sure the manuals have Taiwan too. Thing is the guy didn't flip the back so I couldn't find one. When the list is done, probably within 4-6 weeks, I'm going to throw it up on my site immediately. Then I'll put up the scans as I have time. But at least you'll be able to see what I've found.

Phil

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philflound said:

I just "finished" Choplifter. I have 4 cart variations and 4 box variations. 

Hmmm...I know of three and thought there may be a correlation between the three different CO24926 boards. 

Would be interesting (and make sense?) if the fourth contained a C025474 board.

Maybe the three are NTSC 7832 with the CO24926 board type and the fourth is PAL 7848 with the CO25474 (?)

• Like 1

I have no idea, but this is what I have. Possibly the Taiwan is PAL? I only saw the one copy. Choplifter is CX7821.

a)* R   PicGr2      ©1987, CART3, ML: “Printed in Taiwan”

b)* C   PicGr2      ©1987, CART3, ML: “Printed in Hong Kong” in italics

c)* U   PicGr2      ©1987, CART3, ML: “Printed in Hong Kong” normal font, very small letters

d)* U   PicGr2      ©1988, CART3, ML: “Printed in Hong Kong” normal font, very small letters

Edited by Philflound
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Philflound said:

a)* R   PicGr2      ©1987, CART3, ML: “Printed in Taiwan”

Yep...(just) came across that (fourth) one as well :)

Untitled.png.259bf0d42e302e1dade6e3c432045d71.png

Perhaps some of the PAL folk can weigh in on what their Choplifter labels shows. 

:ponder: :D

I think that's the one I found. Wish I could get a nice straight scan. I think that copy is/was located in Kentucky if I remember right. So maybe it's NTSC. It seems like Taiwan is usually the first release from what I've seen with the games. If this is first, I doubt it's PAL. Anyway, hopefully when I get all the info up on the site, we'll clarify many things.

• Like 1

Does anyone have the French instructions on any of these games? So far I got a scan of Choplifter and Commando and saw Crack'ed sealed in the back of a box, but have no info or real scan of that one. I'll be working on Crossbow when I post this. But I'll take any and all scans of French instructions. I'm debating on whether or not to call a shrinkwrapped box with French instructions inside the back a variation or not. One photo of Crack'ed shows it but I can't make out any printed and copyright info.

Edited by Philflound

2 minutes ago, Mitch said:

I have a handful of French and German instructions. I would need to dig them out though. I don't remember which ones I have.

Mitch

Well, we have time on this, so it's no rush. Thanks though. Didn't know there were German instructions. At least I haven't come across any yet.

Wanted to get your opinion on this one. I'm going through Donkey Kong and saw this. I think this is a manufactured label. Made in USA. I say this because both main and end labels are on upside down. I'm looking to see if there are other Made in USA as this would be very rare and so far, all the titles I've done, none have a USA label. Please let me know. Thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144057183741?hash=item218a7a2dfd%3Ag%3A7jYAAOSwJYlgpDQ4&nma=true&si=gy0Lfg7IPOCIfQzMqkL6Mn7wemY%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by Philflound

OK, so I don't seem to have Donkey Kong with that label but I do have Donkey Kong Jr and Mario Bros. My old scanner doesn't work so well any more so here are some cell phone pics. Hopefully that will suffice for now.

Also, I dug through my manuals and I have the following French manuals: Donkey Kong Jr, Mean 18, Impossible Mission, Sentinel and Cracked.

For German manuals I have: Ace of Aces, Karateka and Donkey Kong Jr.

Mitch

mariousa.jpgdkjusa.jpg

• Like 1

Can I please get end label scans/photos of the Made in USA. I'm about 2/3 finished with the 7800 list and acquiring scans. It'll take some time, but I'm hoping to have this finished with everything I get in 6 weeks. I started the header pages for the 7800 on my site. No scans yet and of course, no list until I complete it. Thanks. You can email any scans/photos to my email address instead of posting them here. pdispenza@verizon.net

Thanks. I should be done with the list within a week and then start working on putting up the pages. I'll keep everyone posted. When I'm ready, I'll try and make a list of scans I need, probably mostly manuals, but if I can't find good scans of carts and boxes, I'll post those too.

Edited by Philflound

4 hours ago, gambler172 said:

Me too ?

It seems like most of the games that I identify having French manuals are sealed and the manual is folded in the back of the box. So I know they exist, just can't get a scan. I'll put up a list when I'm done. I think I'm down to 14 games. So I'll probably start working on the site in a few days instead of a week. If you have anything not on my list of French and German manuals, feel free to volunteer scans. :)

Thanks.

Phil