IGNORED

Who here has ever counted the actual number of games in their collection?

Who here has ever counted the actual number of Intellivision games in their collection? I'm thinking in particular of the greatest hoarders who live amongst us.

With a pinch of uneasiness, I checked my database and, to my great surprise, I realized I'm inexorably approaching to a four-digit number...

Me: "Doctor, is it serious?"

Doctor: "Well, let me just check my schedule to set up an appointment."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, intellivotion said:

Who here has ever counted the actual number of Intellivision games in their collection? I'm thinking in particular of the greatest hoarders who live amongst us.

With a pinch of uneasiness, I checked my database and, to my great surprise, I realized I'm inexorably approaching to a four-digit number...

Me: "Doctor, is it serious?"

Doctor: "Well, let me just check my schedule to set up an appointment."

All different variations I assume, no duplicates?

36 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

All different variations I assume, no duplicates?

a lot of different variations. Also the silly ones, like manuals with different shades of the same colors. The duplicates I should try to sell one day or another are "only" about 100-120...

According to my inventory, I have 257 units of mixed Intellivision games, including duplicates, loose carts, and CIB sets.

I don't really collect PC games or games from other consoles, except those that I wish to play, so I don't really know how many of those I have.  I know I have a rather extensive collection of original DOS/Windows games, because I used to be an avid gamer back in the day; but I don't keep track of how many.

-dZ.

• Like 1

I have 309 CIB Intellivision games, with no duplicates (assuming you think that two of the same game with slightly different box art isn't a duplicate...)  Add in 13 loose carts (no "insert to" line, double labels) and my Inty collection is 322.

I also have 138 CIB Intellivision games in my "trade/sell" box...I really should do something about that at some point. But I see how difficult it is for people to sell big lots of Intellivision games already.

My total game collection is at 1698 (including Intellivision) and I've only finished 346 of them so I guess I should get busy.  Working on Mass Effect 2 right now.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

I never counted them or have a spreadsheet, I just keep up with anything new and follow Soulbusters list of homebrews.

Mostly only one of each and no variants.(Except for a few!).

I should add,I should have a price value spreadsheet. 

That way,when I pass away my kids dont sell my CIC Spiker!  and Learning fun 1 and 2 for $5. bucks each.

• Haha 2

So I’m curious…in the future when you guys get older, do you plan on selling them or handing them down to family members? I only have about 70 Intellivision games, so not as many as you guys, but I’m just curious what your plans are for your entire collections in the future?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

I already have a plan but I won't post what it is.  I can tell you I have no family members that would be interested in keeping the collection.

Why not post what it is?  It’s a secret plan?  Lol.  So I’m guessing you’d hafta sell it all at some point then. 

On 6/26/2021 at 8:31 AM, intellivotion said:

why should we stick to Intellivision only? We could open the debate to other stuff as well

Indeed.

In the late 80's and early 90's I had amassed several thousand carts and systems and even arcade cabs. Went from my bedroom, to the basement, to the garage, to a storage locker, and then part of a buddy's warehouse.

At some point it became non-fun because of access and going back and forth too much. Became time-consuming, a chore, and impersonal. Complete opposite of the late 70's and early 80's cozy nights with junk food, Atari, Intellivision, Apple II, and typical TV of the era.

Only in recent times, with the superiority of emulation on a modern sff i9, did I (we) re-capture some of the good times. Minimal fuss. No mess. Superb reliability. Outstanding convenience. A big renaissance in the making.

4 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

So I’m curious…in the future when you guys get older, do you plan on selling them or handing them down to family members? I only have about 70 Intellivision games, so not as many as you guys, but I’m just curious what your plans are for your entire collections in the future?

Family has instructions to either:

1- Put the stuff curbside

2- Sell it on ebay

3- Lookup select members here on AA

4- Sell a few things things through a specialty auction house

My immediate plans are to continue curating, organizing, and acquiring spare parts and manuals here and there. From time to time..

1 hour ago, TrekMD said:

I already have a plan but I won't post what it is.  I can tell you I have no family members that would be interested in keeping the collection.

Right. Essentially the same here. Family sees this stuff as tedious old-man crap. Literal garbage to be hauled away.

But the emulation rigs and archives are rather manageable and perhaps even desired as they are all sff and fit in a RubberMaid box. Not a big one either. So there's that..

• Like 2

The accessories tab is hideously inaccurate because I *still* haven't gotten round to taking stock of what I have. All the games for each system are up to date tho. Dunno how many it adds up to. Best not to think about it. ?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVH_z-5gN-lQ8lyHxAzVLW7M2Pgx_kBL19ed_KGCY7Q/edit?usp=drivesdk

Edited by colormesticky
  • Like 1

I am certain I have several hundred.

But last time I counted was 1982.  I had 12 Intellivision games.  They all fit in a hockey skate box!

Then I got a TI and a few carts and a Colecovision I only had 4 carts for the CV until well into the crash when I got Super Action Baseball for $10 at Montgomery Ward. 

Then a little later a 2600 and a bunch of $.99 cent games for all 3 consoles.

Never counted after I got to 12 and no more would fit in the skate box.

Oh, good memories!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Fantastic question,and I believe I would do a little of both.

My Son can sell off the valuable top 5% and hopefully I can help out some Atariage guys build on there collection with some games at very reasonable prices as well.

I have pictured when and if I turn 70 as the time that I may start seriously downsizing my collection.

Thank you Matt for making me seriously think about it!?

• Like 1