IGNORED

fujinet boot with 1050 switched on?

Hi I'm asking if someone can confirm something for me please?

When i first got the fujinet and rigged my 1050 up to the back of the fujinet and no image in the d1: on the fujinet and my 1050 disc drive was switched on but no disc was in i'm sure i could switch the atari on and if no disc was in the 1050 the fujinet would boot ? Then when inserting a disc in the 1050 i could switch off and the hold option down and boot the floppy So then when ejecting the disc i could switch off the atari and back on and the fujinet would boot as theres no disc in the 1050 nor any image in the d1: on the fujinet? But today if i have the 1050 switched on and no disc in then switch the atari on it does not boot to the fujinet anymore? its looking for a disc to boot from the 1050?

The fujinet orange light does flash very quickly when i do switch on but then im getting the BOOT ERROR as there is no disc in the 1050?

I read in the instructions online that if a disc is not in the 1050 then the fujinet would boot instead?  Or have i got this wrong and the 1050 needs to be turned off in order to boot the fujinet ?

I just thought when i first got the fujinet i could have the 1050 switched on with no disc in and the fujinet would boot?

Hi tschak909, Ive just tried to load an atr from apseQT with the image in D1: and the fujinet on and apseQT won't load like the 1050 does when its on?

Ive unplugged the fujinet and aspeQT works great? Ive even switched off the fujinet and aspeQT won't load? aspeQT will only load if the fujinet is completely unplugged? where as the 1050 loads great?

58 minutes ago, Back2skooldaze said:

Ive just attached the sd drive max directly to the fujinet and thats not booting either? Ive turned the fujinet off and sd drive wont load anything?

I thought the fujinet with its pass through worked with any sio device? sd drive max or sio2pc etc....???

It is supposed to work with other devices. Does your SDrive have the proper circuitry to be compatible with other devices on the SIO bus?

Hi Mozzwald, OK Ive finally figured out how to get the sio2pc working with the fujinet switched on! 

In aspeQT i had to change the handshake method to NONE (windows experimental only ) ???? It will not work on RI DSR or CTS 

So now i have to figure the sd drive max and Yes i do have the one thats compatible with other sio devices ive been using it on my sio splitter with all my other sio devices?? Ive gone in to the config on the sd drive max and changed from 1050 off and saved it and back to 1050 on. The sd drive max is connected directly to the fujinet as this happens also??

From my atari/fujinet goes to the 850 interface then from 850 to the hub which has then got the 1050 sio2pc sd drive max and an xm301 modem.

Edited by Back2skooldaze

2 hours ago, Back2skooldaze said:

Hi Mozzwald, OK Ive finally figured out how to get the sio2pc working with the fujinet switched on! 

In aspeQT i had to change the handshake method to NONE (windows experimental only ) ???? It will not work on RI DSR or CTS 

So now i have to figure the sd drive max and Yes i do have the one thats compatible with other sio devices ive been using it on my sio splitter with all my other sio devices?? Ive gone in to the config on the sd drive max and changed from 1050 off and saved it and back to 1050 on. The sd drive max is connected directly to the fujinet as this happens also??

I've never used a SDrive Max before so I'm shooting in the dark here.

Remember that anytime Fujinet is reset or power cycled it will automatically become D1 (to boot CONFIG) which would conflict with any other device that wants to be D1. AFTER you "MOUNT and BOOT" from CONFIG, the Fujinet will not attempt to be D1 anymore, UNLESS you have a disk mounted in D1. So, you should boot Fujinet CONFIG, remove any disk from D1, MOUNT and BOOT, then you can use your SDrive Max.

If you do not have the Fujinet powered externally via MicroUSB then anytime you turn off the Atari the Fujinet is reset and will be ready to boot CONFIG at next power up.

Hi Mozzwald, Ive even turned the fujinet completely off at the side switch and the sd drive wont boot at all ? 

Ive been informed that with the 1050 switched on with no disc in, the fujinet wont boot until the 1050 is switched off but i remember when i first got the fujinet I'm sure i had the 1050 switched on with no disc in and the fujinet booted to the config screen? as theres no disc in the 1050 the fujinet would pause for a second then fujinet would boot. If a disc was in the 1050 the fujinet did not boot and the disc would boot but I'm told this is not the case? Anyway the sio2pc was not booting when connected to the line of sio devices even with the fujinet switched on or off but that's been resolved with the settings in aspeQT so now i need to get the sd drive max booting with an image whilst connected to the fujinet.

When ever i am using the fujinet i find when mounting an image in d1 slot i always press the fujinets reset to release the image then i have to physically turn the atari off and on again to reboot the fujinet ive never been able to press the reset on the atari to reboot the fujinet?? So i always do a hard reset after pressing the fujinet to release the image but if i don't have an image in d1 on the fujinet i can then use the atari reset to reboot the fujinet to config screen.

On the wiki it states the fujinet works along side all sio devices. Theres even instruction on if you want to load an image with sio2usb or sd drive max and it states if theres no image in the fujinet the sio device will just work otherwise you can turn the fujinet off at the side switch.

I will be having teething troubles here until all is set but in the apseQT settings I'm having to use the none (windows experimental) handshake to get that to load anything which i don't like id prefer ri dsr or cts. If i disconnect the aspeQT i can use dsr but with fujinet connected i have to use the none windows experimental handshake method?

Although switching off the fujinet is supposed to work it would be nice not having to keep flicking that tiny switch.

I am using external usb power at all times when using the fujinet.

I dont understand what you about booting to the config screen then remove any disk from D1 the mount and boot the i can use sd drive max?

Im in config now nothing in D1 slot so i mount an image in the sd drive max and it wont boot?

Edited by Back2skooldaze

Hi Moxxwold, Ive sorted it or figured it out more like LOL

OK here goes!!! With the Fujinet connected via external usb power which i always do i can have the sd drive max switched on i have to press the D1 slot and leave it empty!!! Then i have to press the reset button on the Fujinet before switching on the atari and it WILL be boot to the config screen!

Then i load an image on the sd drive max in D1 i then press the reset button on the Fujinet and then switch off or on the atari to boot the sd drive max !! So to go back to the Fujinet i have to press the Fujinet reset then switch the atari on and it will load to config screen :)

So jumping between the sd drive max i always have to press the Fujinet reset before booting from the sd drive max or Fujinet config screen :)

So thats now sorted! Only thing is it wont work like this with a real 1050 drive :( The 1050 always has to be turned OFF before you can boot the Fujinet config screen.

The Fujinet reset has to be pressed in between each drive/action to work with sd drive max!

You have to have D1 as empty on the sd drive max to boot Fujinet config screen

Ive even tried this with the D0: loading of the sd drive max and it works too but its not perfect.

When trying with the sd drive max D0: to load the menu with all your files and folders it will load then pause then an Error#$8F will appear  then it will load the menu with all your files and folders and you can then navigate to what you want to load and mount then load :) 

Its not perfect loading the D0: on  your sd drive max as some stuff wont load or mount but i have tried Rob C menus

Just load image in D1: on the sd drive max and not bother with the sd drive menu maybe in the future Fujinet might be able to load the D0: menu and pick what you want to mount and load but in the meantime it works perfect by entering the atr/xex manually on the sd drive max it works perfect :)

Edited by Back2skooldaze

30 minutes ago, Back2skooldaze said:

The 1050 always has to be turned OFF before you can boot the Fujinet config screen

Yes, as @tschak909pointed out previously, the 1050 will always try to be D1 (if jumpers on it are set for D1) regardless if you have a disk in it or not. Therefore, Fujinet cannot boot CONFIG or whatever you have configured for Fujinet D1 if the 1050 is ON. There is no way around this.

You can also configure Fujinet from a web browser http://fujinet or http://<ip address of fujinet>. This allows you to mount and eject disks from a web browser instead of constantly hitting reset

Hi Mozzwold, Yes I've tried the web browser already but i want to set up a folder on my desktop and set TNFS server up on windows10 so i can drag and drop atr's etc in there and then use the TNFS host list to navigate to the desktop folder which is a lot easier than using sio2pc :)

On the web browser i can't go to any where on the pc where I've downloaded atr's then mount them?? Only whats on my Fujinet host list.

I'm having fun here copying files from sd drive max to fujinet sd card and from fujinet.online to sd drive max and to fujinet sd card im chucking files all around using the fujinet :) Imagine the Fujinet back in the 1980/1990's 

Maybe a Fujinet with an ethernet port built in would be good too instead of just wifi best of both worlds..............

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...