IGNORED

Timeline of Jaguar price drops

captainblack

20 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

Great screenshot wish I can go back in time and buy a new jag with avp doom etc for just $59

Why? You have a "2 million dollar bet" on a plastic factory, you make 180,000 * 4 a year and you were prepared to lose 2 million on a Jag Mini just to prove AVGN wrong. Surely the current cost of a new Jaguar is completely insignificant to a man of your means.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just to buy like 25 of them. Then come back to this time and sell one to you for a $700 sealed one. It'll be the highlight of your life, besides stalking me. So making 720,000 plus my shares in the family company (1 could fund jag mini) with side project dream of jaguar mini bothers you? Sad. Yet the R&D would take years for fpga jt instead of emu mini.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/29/2021 at 6:47 PM, sirlynxalot said:

It made me curious but I didn't buy at the time since I knew it was a dead system.  Really kind of an odd experience, I can't think of another game console that went through this kind of fake resurgence/promotion in retail stores years after it was dead.

Perhaps 7800? 1984 plan release with laser disc add on hence port slot on 1984 models but a real 1986 late release but pushed in 1987 as nes rival ? when we knew it was old stock just to make a buck as a budget pick but I loved mine I got, anyway 1989 or 1990 new rap commercials acting like its the best thing ever and more 1990 campaign antics topped jaguar kb toy expierence in 1999 maybe

2 hours ago, ataritiger said:

Yet the R&D would take years for fpga jt instead of emu mini.

Anyone trying to maximize interest in a mini Jag they were producing would probably be wise to not go the emu route. They will receive backlash like some of the Flashback consoles received. And in a rather small consumer pool that wouldn't be good. 

10 hours ago, ataritiger said:

Perhaps 7800? 1984 plan release with laser disc add on hence port slot on 1984 models but a real 1986 late release but pushed in 1987 as nes rival ? when we knew it was old stock just to make a buck as a budget pick but I loved mine I got, anyway 1989 or 1990 new rap commercials acting like its the best thing ever and more 1990 campaign antics topped jaguar kb toy expierence in 1999 maybe

I remeber 1 guy in neighboorhood did get one because of backwards compatibility.  Also price point games were new release 15 to 30 vs nes 50 to 60.

I didn't get one till the big lots sell off in the early 90s...had a sega genesis by this point, it was a great deal system 20 bucks games 5 bucks.

But, I could not stand the interference the rf unit had on the TV, all the games had either low grade buzzing or some kind of white line interference tried to same thing gave up, I assumed it was a design issue.

Did like fatal run, was a cool idea for a racing game. Should of got ports of it basket braw, scrapyard dog and ninja golf on Jaguar in yr 1.

12 hours ago, JagChris said:

Anyone trying to maximize interest in a mini Jag they were producing would probably be wise to not go the emu route. They will receive backlash like some of the Flashback consoles received. And in a rather small consumer pool that wouldn't be good. 

Yeah fpga it is with hdmi and sd to load licenses rom I can't get. I could release it with homebrews and some licenses, but rest of rom like avp doom wolf3d and isos like iron soldier cd and myst and betas and rom hacks - we can add ourselves.

I wanted a red box with black text with fpga unit with usb 6 button controller (or 3?) Or use your own usb pad, and include hdmi cable. Idk cart slot for older games or sd for rom dump or both? Smaller overall than og unit and now cheaper.

Not sure if 3 fpga chips...a jaguar all in 1, jag cd and 7800 for 7800 2600 roms. Plus st games are ported to jag now so thats good.

That's the dream. I wanted krikkz to do it for $250,000 but r&d will be 2 years. Just want sell 1,000 units from here at first. Its about a dream not making money. Unfortunately fpga unit would be more than a emu lag mini but fpga better overall.

Box like this.

Screenshot_20210806-093803_Chrome.jpg

Edited by ataritiger

29 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

Not sure if 3 fpga chips...a jaguar all in 1, jag cd and 7800 for 7800 2600 roms. Plus st games are ported to jag now so thats good.

That's the dream.

LOL, why would you need an FPGA for the Jag CD? Are you aware of what the Jag CD is? You're 5/10 at Googling, so give it a shot, chief. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, madman said:

LOL, why would you need an FPGA for the Jag CD? Are you aware of what the Jag CD is? You're 5/10 at Googling, so give it a shot, chief. 

Jag cd has different motherboards chips and specs clockspeeds like sega cd than genesis right? Right? Ever take sega cd apart? Its different than genesis inside ? Idk if jag and jag ? fpga would be same or different. No i never took jag cd apart.

Whats the obsession with Google? Who doesn't use Google or duckduckgo? I'm 50 years old, I grew up with this stuff I dont need to google much. 5 of 10 googling? More like 10/10 so far, I usually just do it to answer people's questions about snescd or avp sales with screenshots or show red jaguar box now. If your posts would be funny and hateful I wouldn't care, but you are lame, not funny and sad. Like worse than corny. Its pathetic.

You seem to hate your life. Its sad. But by all means keep stalking me. Constant sarcasm and anger and hate (for yourself) are interconnected. Have a good day, I will.

Edited by ataritiger

8 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

Jag cd has different motherboards chips and specs clockspeeds like sega cd than genesis right? Right? Ever take sega cd apart? Its different than genesis inside ? Idk if jag and jag ? fpga would be same or different. No i never took jag cd apart.

What does taking a Sega CD apart and it being different than a Genesis have to do with the Jag CD?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

Jag cd has different motherboards chips and specs clockspeeds like sega cd than genesis right? Right?

"The Atari Jaguar CD ... didn't add any extra hardware beyond the capability to read CDs (by comparison, the Sega CD included upgrades to the console's graphics and sound chips) ..."

48 minutes ago, Editorb said:

"The Atari Jaguar CD ... didn't add any extra hardware beyond the capability to read CDs (by comparison, the Sega CD included upgrades to the console's graphics and sound chips) ..."

Ok thank you.

"Wow" what? I'm defending myself? Some of you are corny who hate thier lives and go "wow" or "tiger you are so immature" while posting "wow" or ? pics like children (most likely as old as me too so sad) to me for discussing fpga jaguar or knowing sega cd has different components then genesis unlike jag cd to jag, ok now I know. I would've even googled that just thought since tg16 cd Sega cd and planned snescd had different components jag ? would too but no its just a cd adapter in cart slot basically. Wierd. "Huh I can't read your English. Whoop whoop grammar police. You have a dream, well i will stalk you now. ? See im mature, wow".

Edited by ataritiger

21 minutes ago, Zerosquare said:

...wow.

No clown face too? Please by all means be so much more mature than me ;) We are all talking civil then you 2 trolls come in. Oh dont worry you'll find a way to shift focus back on me somehow. Ill wait.

Edited by ataritiger

58 minutes ago, madman said:

What does taking a Sega CD apart and it being different than a Genesis have to do with the Jag CD?

Don't know, I never had jag cd. But the mature person answered me. All ? units seem to feature additional boards, but not jag cd, seem be like more of an adapter.

FWIW, the JagCD does have some minor functionality you'd want to include in an FPGA. I believe it can drive the DSP timer source at perfect CD audio rates for example. Nothing like the Sega CD's extra RAM and processor, but it's not quite just a laser strapped to a cartridge port either.

Just now, cubanismo said:

FWIW, the JagCD does have some minor functionality you'd want to include in an FPGA. I believe it can drive the DSP timer source at perfect CD audio rates for example. Nothing like the Sega CD's extra RAM and processor, but it's not quite just a laser strapped to a cartridge port either.

Ah ok thank you alot.

22 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

And by the way, you don't need multiple FPGA chips, just a 'powerful' one (to deal with Jaguar's architecture). The whole point is to be able to reprogram it when booting it whether you play a Jaguar or 7800 game for instance.

Yeah, but FPGA and CD and clown emoji and dreams.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JagChris said:

Well after almost 30 years they still haven't figured Jaguar emulation out so which do you think will be quicker?

Look man - he has had his people contact other people.  He knows about FPGA, he has the box designed, he has money, he has molds, and best of all - he is 50 and can Google.  I have 100% confidence that his dreams will see the light of day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4