Atari/Lucasfilm:  2

Activision:  13

Big Five:  2

CBS:  5

Electra Concepts:  1

Parke Bros:  12

Sega:  4

Sunrise Software: 1

Trying to get slowly my 5200 collection up to date.

Got 29 carts so far, some boxed, many cart-only.

CX5202                   Missile Command                                                

CX5203                   Super Breakout                                                     

CX5206                   Galaxian                                                            

CX5207                   RealSports: Football                                         

CX5208                   Pac-Man                                 

CX5209                   RealSports: Baseball                                          

CX5210                   Countermeasure                                               

CX5212                   Qix                                                                       

CX5213                   RealSports: Soccer                                                

CX5214                   RealSports: Tennis                                            

CX5217                  Pole Position                                             

CX5218                   Defender                                                     

CX5221                   Berzerk                                                       

CX5229                   Kangaroo                                                       

CX5243                   Ms. Pac-Man                                     

CX5247                   Mario Bros.                                                  

CX5254                   Rescue on Fractalus!                                    

CX5255                   ballblazer                                                                            

FZ 005                   The Dreadnought Factor                                       

FZ 006                   Keystone Kapers                                                

FZ 007                   H.E.R.O.                                                      

FZ 010                   Zenji                                                         

FZ 012                   Space Shuttle: A Journey into Space             

BF 1912                  Miner 2049er                                                      

4L 2714                   Blueprint                                                          

9040                       Star Wars: The Arcade Game                                  

004-02                     Star Trek: Strategic Operations Sim.             

006-02                     Congo Bongo                                           

1603                        Quest for Quintana Roo                                 

Read that the Electra game is mostly never to be found, due to small sales.

What are the next rare games after Meteorites, Bounty Bob, Pengo?

Hm, just checking ebay USA, Pac-Man $2000? Berzerk $900?

Edited by high voltage

Yes, 69 original releases is the right number (nice.)  Bounty Bob is the real holy grail of that bunch, with even a loose cart being very hard to get and a boxed one being extremely difficult.  

After that is Meteorites, which is certainly not easy to find, but much easier than Bob.

After those two, it gets much easier, with almost nothing that can't be had for under $50 loose.  Games like Quest for Quintana Roo, Zaxxon, H.E.R.O., K-Razy Shootout, Frogger II, and Death Star Battle would all fall into this next tier of rarity.  

Btw, Pengo isn't all that rare, boxed copies can be had on Ebay for 30$.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's probably worth mentioning that completing a boxed collection is a good bit harder than it used to be, even compared to just a few years ago.   I'm grateful that users here nudged me to get boxes for my collection back when it was more affordable...

I believe all I'm missing is

BBSB

Zaxxon (have the loose cart)

Zenji  (have the loose cart)

SW DSB (have the loose cart)

Decathlon (have the loose cart)

Robotron (have the loose cart)

Beamrider (my cart has no circuit board!)

So really I have an almost complete loose collection (minus BBSB) but I'm missing a handful of boxes.

• Like 1

I'm only going for carts, and have nine more to go.  I always find one that I'm missing at PRGE, so it's a shame it's been canceled the last couple years.

I'm missing:

Gorf

K-razy Shoot Out

James Bond

Frogger 2

Death Star Battle

Zaxxon

Quintana Roo

Meteorites

Bounty Bob

Someday I'll get there, doing better than my Master System collection, that's for sure.

• Like 1

I was trying for the full collection and am down to missing Bounty Bob’s box and manual as well as the manual for Frogger II.  I accept that I probably won’t ever get the BBSB stuff, but hoping to get that last Parker Brothers manual someday.

Thanks for the answers. So, 40 games to go to get to 69 ;-)

Basically, like the 2600, probably you cannot finish the 5200 collection nowadays, unless with real luck.

My boxed ones are Congo Bongo, both Lucasfilm, Qix, Galaxian and funnily enough, I've got a box for A.E. (no game)

Might get the VCS adapter.

I also saw that there's Real Sports Football, Real Sports Soccer, and Football, Soccer (same games)

Bild 1 - Atari 5200 Spiel -- SOCCER -- Game Jeux Cart Giocchi JuegoBild 1 - Atari 5200 Spiel -- FOOTBALL -- Game Jeux Cart Giocchi Juego

Edited by high voltage

• 2 months later...
On 6/29/2021 at 7:06 AM, high voltage said:

Thanks for the answers. So, 40 games to go to get to 69 ;-)

Basically, like the 2600, probably you cannot finish the 5200 collection nowadays, unless with real luck.

My boxed ones are Congo Bongo, both Lucasfilm, Qix, Galaxian and funnily enough, I've got a box for A.E. (no game)

Might get the VCS adapter.

I also saw that there's Real Sports Football, Real Sports Soccer, and Football, Soccer (same games)

Bild 1 - Atari 5200 Spiel -- SOCCER -- Game Jeux Cart Giocchi JuegoBild 1 - Atari 5200 Spiel -- FOOTBALL -- Game Jeux Cart Giocchi Juego

Ha, I was just looking at 5200 games and realized I had one of the games labeled as Football instead of Realsports Football.  Annoying.

You know over in the rest of the world RealSports Soccer and/or Soccer would've been released as "RealSports Football" or "Football" because that is the world's name for "The World's Game", and since I am a connoisseur of the Premier League (Arsenal fan, COYG!!!) and football on the pitch as well as that on the gridiron, that if it somebody released it over in Europe/the UK or anywhere else in the world besides the US and Canada that it would be known as "RealSports Football", it would just be that on the pitch as opposed to that on the gridiron.

I have seen that same thing done with Intellivision or the 2600 for that matter with European releases of their titles.

6 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

You know over in the rest of the world RealSports Soccer and/or Soccer would've been released as "RealSports Football" or "Football" because that is the world's name for "The World's Game", and since I am a connoisseur of the Premier League (Arsenal fan, COYG!!!) and football on the pitch as well as that on the gridiron, that if it somebody released it over in Europe/the UK or anywhere else in the world besides the US and Canada that it would be known as "RealSports Football", it would just be that on the pitch as opposed to that on the gridiron.

I have seen that same thing done with Intellivision or the 2600 for that matter with European releases of their titles.

Football for the US is a dumb name for it.  You only really touch the ball to your foot for kick off, and the rest of the time try not to drop it.  should be called Handball... soccer being called football makes so much more sense.  (I am from the US and can admit our mistakes)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, leech said:

Football for the US is a dumb name for it.  You only really touch the ball to your foot for kick off, and the rest of the time try not to drop it.  should be called Handball... soccer being called football makes so much more sense.  (I am from the US and can admit our mistakes)

yea i agree with you american football evolved too much originally you could only pass latterally and kick forward now the game is just "forward passes" i guess passball or pushball or pigskin anyname would be better

it would be awesome if the only way to pass forward was to drop kick it  and i personally dont think the thing they play with is really a "ball"

but i'm sure we could find other examples of thing that we name weird just think about the word screen

now we call any video visual display a screen it makes no sense all because inside a crt there was shadowmask that looked similar to a windowscreen to keep bugs out

• 1 month later...

I have 65 of the 69 games. I am missing Bounty Bob Strikes Back, Meteorites, K-Razy Shootout and Zenji. I most likely will never own Bounty Bob Strikes Back or Meteorites due to the exorbitant cost. K-Razy Shootout and Zenji I believe are obtainable but costly. Some games like K-Razy Shootout and Pac-Man have graphical glitches when played on my Atarimax so I had a reproduction carts made and the repro carts play perfectly.

42 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

I have the full set loose, but have been trying to get all boxes except for bbsb. The one that’s causing me fits is Megamania.  It’s the last Activision I need and when one does show up, it’s listed at least $300. 

Nice!  And Ouch!  Like I just spend 300 bucks on a ton of Pathfinder books from Paizo... vs one old game that is already on my flash cart :P  Yeah, I've been tempted to try and get the whole 5200 collection, but the prices are ridiculous.