If you are feeling generous I could use some backing for a new and exciting game I am creating for the ColecoVision (Adam, Phoenix):

Check out A Modern Take on a Classic Game for the ColecoVision & Adam by William "8 Bit Milli" Hicks

Please feel free to share this with your friends!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I have backed and shared on:
ColecoVision Lunatics

ColecoVision Fan FB & Twitter

Retro Games Fan FB Page

Retro Games Fan FB Group

Retro Games Fan Twitter

Best of luck on the crowdfunding! 

• Like 1

How does backing work?   I’ve never been involved with a Kickstarter before. If something happens and it doesn’t get released do you get your money back?

Just now, Atari_Bill said:

How does backing work?   I’ve never been involved with a Kickstarter before. If something happens and it doesn’t get released do you get your money back?

It's all or nothing - If I don't achieve the goal none of the money is sent to me.

From kickstarter:

If the project you're backing is successfully funded, your card will be charged when the project reaches its funding deadline. If the project ends but it hasn't reached its funding goal, your card will never be charged

Just now, Milli Vee said:

It's all or nothing - If I don't achieve the goal none of the money is sent to me.

From kickstarter:

If the project you're backing is successfully funded, your card will be charged when the project reaches its funding deadline. If the project ends but it hasn't reached its funding goal, your card will never be charged

Thank you!   I’ll throw down for the cart then.  Huge fan of CC.  have it in nearly all iterations.   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

So Milli's answer is somewhat misleading. If the Kickstarter is successful (reaches its target) then the money gets sent. At that point if the game never materialized that is a risk you are taking. Not trying to imply that Milli will not come through as I fully belive they will, but with any Kickstarter there is always a risk that even though something got funded that you do not get anything out of it.

1 hour ago, zaphro72 said:

So Milli's answer is somewhat misleading. If the Kickstarter is successful (reaches its target) then the money gets sent. At that point if the game never materialized that is a risk you are taking. Not trying to imply that Milli will not come through as I fully belive they will, but with any Kickstarter there is always a risk that even though something got funded that you do not get anything out of it.

That is true - if I don't reach the goal the game is getting made but it will be quicker to market if I reach the goal. :)

7 hours ago, Milli Vee said:
If you are feeling generous I could use some backing for a new and exciting game I am creating for the ColecoVision (Adam, Phoenix):

Check out A Modern Take on a Classic Game for the ColecoVision & Adam by William "8 Bit Milli" Hicks

Please feel free to share this with your friends!

So I'm all for backing a new CV game but I'm not seeing a whole lot of information on it, such as is this a standard CV game, does it need the SGM module, what's the game size, how far along are you, screen shots, WIP video etc. etc.  Also do you plan to support dual control / 2 joystick play to mimic the arcade version?  Any more information would be appreciated. 

30 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

So I'm all for backing a new CV game but I'm not seeing a whole lot of information on it, such as is this a standard CV game, does it need the SGM module, what's the game size, how far along are you, screen shots, WIP video etc. etc.  Also do you plan to support dual control / 2 joystick play to mimic the arcade version?  Any more information would be appreciated. 

I’ll be updating the page over the next few days now that it’s live. All of your questions are good ones - I’ll answer some briefly here and more detail on the page.

its 32kb pure Z80 code for a stock CV, Adam or the Phoenix. It has both single and dual controller options.

The game mechanics are complete and I’m currently fine tuning the graphics. Next step are levels and “bad guys” then sound. After that I will incorporate ideas that take the game beyond CC. 

The game will be finished by the end of July then I concentrate on packaging and cartridges. 

I’ll be adding more video over the next few days also 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Special Teams said:

Backed!  Good luck - hope you get funded!!

Awesome and thank you!

14 hours ago, Milli Vee said:

I’ll be updating the page over the next few days now that it’s live. All of your questions are good ones - I’ll answer some briefly here and more detail on the page.

its 32kb pure Z80 code for a stock CV, Adam or the Phoenix. It has both single and dual controller options.

The game mechanics are complete and I’m currently fine tuning the graphics. Next step are levels and “bad guys” then sound. After that I will incorporate ideas that take the game beyond CC. 

The game will be finished by the end of July then I concentrate on packaging and cartridges. 

I’ll be adding more video over the next few days also 

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.  One last thing (surprised I left it out): will it have speech?  Cause what's Crazy Climber without "go for it!" 😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.  One last thing (surprised I left it out): will it have speech?  Cause what's Crazy Climber without "go for it!" 😉

I haven't decided if I want to add speech or not - will see how much room I have left. There is something I am adding for the "go for it" which I teased in the original promo video, a cameo by a certain plumber.

I want to thank everybody for their generous support of the kick starter project! After only two days we are 2/3 of the way there!

This is awesome!

If you haven’t supported the project, please consider it. This is something new for the ColecoVision, Adam and CollectorVision Phoenix.

To support the project go to the Kickstarter page., view the video updates and see how well we’re doing.

Thank you again everybody, thank you.

I was asked about in game promotion and figured that would be a great reward level for the project so I added a limited number of slots for in game promotion (ie logo, website etc) on the signs that you need to avoid while climbing the building:

May be you should put a more recent video of your progress on the game ?  

I do like the font that has been used for the score, etc.  Very "arcade like" of that era. 

Posted (edited)

Backed. 

And congrats on being funded!

Edited by JEFF31
Added more text
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1