IGNORED

R.I.P byuu/Near

youxia

Yeah, I'm really bummed about that.

Byuu was on one or two forums that I used to frequent, and I always enjoyed the few times we chatted.

(just copy'n'pasting from the other thread)

I thought maybe this was one of said forums, but I found their profile, and it looks like they only made four posts, in one thread.

The story is very very sad:

I have still fond memories of earlier versions of bsnes and how my PC was not good enough for the accuracy core and I would play with the performance core .... reading all the articles on the decapping and discoveries on special chip by special chip, the whole MSU thing.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/08/accuracy-takes-power-one-mans-3ghz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator/

• Like 1

I should've used neutral pronouns in the OP, but for a decade or so I knew them as "male" byuu (only learned about their coming out as non-binary and name change yesterday) and was still a bit shell-shocked.  Sorry, Near.

4 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

I have still fond memories of earlier versions of bsnes and how my PC was not good enough for the accuracy core and I would play with the performance core .... reading all the articles on the decapping and discoveries on special chip by special chip, the whole MSU thing.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/08/accuracy-takes-power-one-mans-3ghz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator/

Right, I think this was the very article that got me interested in the whole accuracy thing and introduced to Near's quest. Prior to that I wasn't even aware how hacky emulators are.

9 hours ago, youxia said:

I should've used neutral pronouns in the OP, but for a decade or so I knew them as "male" byuu (only learned about their coming out as non-binary and name change yesterday) and was still a bit shell-shocked.

Yeah, ditto. That kind of thing is a hard habit to break.