IGNORED

My Colecovision Died And I don't Know Why

Atariboy2600

Welp. My old Colecovision system seem to be dead. I had this for a long time and whats funny it was working some days ago only to just not turning on and I check the TV by using an other system the 2600 Vader and it works fine and seeing I dint have a multimeter to test anything. Im hoping to fine an other BOX Colecovision somewhere on ebay but Im dead broke so yeah. This suck as I found some Coleco games and yet to test them.

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

I see a power strip on the floor and the good Canadian power supply.  You could try plugging the Colecovision power plug into the wall to rule out the power strip.  Sometimes in certain plug spot, it won't work. Make sure that the wires aren't crossing any other wires like RF cord, controllers, since they cause interference very easily.  I had that issue a lot with the old US plug before I got the Canadian version.  My US cord seems to have a lot of breaks inside the cord that has to be twisted and set in a way just right to get it working(I'm very stubborn.). 

On 6/28/2021 at 4:44 PM, Kiwi said:

I see a power strip on the floor and the good Canadian power supply.  You could try plugging the Colecovision power plug into the wall to rule out the power strip.  Sometimes in certain plug spot, it won't work. Make sure that the wires aren't crossing any other wires like RF cord, controllers, since they cause interference very easily.  I had that issue a lot with the old US plug before I got the Canadian version.  My US cord seems to have a lot of breaks inside the cord that has to be twisted and set in a way just right to get it working(I'm very stubborn.). 

Good news just got some replacement Colecovisons systems and it turn out yes it was the power supply that died and I tested my old system wtih the other power plug from the ebay bi units and not only that all other three undated systems works as well with no issues

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Atariboy2600 said:
Good news just got some replacement Colecovisons systems and it turn out yes it was the power supply that died and I tested my old system wtih the other power plug from the ebay bi units and not only that all other three undated systems works as well with no issues

Great news ?