IGNORED

Yastuna Games – new Atari Lynx editor and retro game developer

Fadest

Congratulations for setting up your own homebrew-/"games for retro systems"- business, everything looks really great and in a coherent style. It's so much fun releasing some of your own games on real physical media for some reason! ? I wish you good luck with everything!

The boxes and game carts look really fantastic in the unboxing videos. I like how gleamy and shiny the boxes look!

Edited by Turbo Laser Lynx
  • Thanks 1

This is the one the RGC team (who make AC / RGC / RGP convention in France) made some years ago.

They commissionned a talented artist (JPtom freelance pixel artist) to make box for both Yastuna  and Yastuna 2 games.

Games were released with green PCB, like most of the homebrew at this time.

I know some pirates copied the RGC packaging ans was selling them on Ebay some years ago, which is a pity. I hope they don't do it anymore (selling games is OK because they are public domain and license permit, but RGC/Der Luchs... packaging are not public domain)

Just to keep you informed :

All parcels has now been sent, delivery time will of course depend of french and foreign post service.

Everyone should have get a notification for the tracking link (from french post and/or from Paypal). If you have not received it, feel free to ask it to me in private message.

I hope everything will go smoothly, keep me informed when you get your games.

And remember, even if they have standard size, the box open on the right side, not on the top ;) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Fadest said:

This is the one the RGC team (who make AC / RGC / RGP convention in France) made some years ago.

They commissionned a talented artist (JPtom freelance pixel artist) to make box for both Yastuna  and Yastuna 2 games.

Games were released with green PCB, like most of the homebrew at this time.

I know some pirates copied the RGC packaging ans was selling them on Ebay some years ago, which is a pity. I hope they don't do it anymore (selling games is OK because they are public domain and license permit, but RGC/Der Luchs... packaging are not public domain)

I got this box from some guys from France.

At a convention in germany

That is a cool article highlighting great games, and I am probably the only person here who cares about that throwaway line, but: it seems to me that the Lynx community is way ahead of the Game Gear community in both digital releases and physical ones. I know @drludos has some great Game Gear indie games, but if there are physical homebrew Game Gear games coming out I have not been in the loop…

EDIT: smspower lists 29 Game Gear homebrew titles: https://www.smspower.org/Homebrew/Index?q=$:Platform=GG

It may not be complete, but it includes all of my favorite Game Gear homebrew.

Yes, SMS and SG games can be played on the Game Gear, but the stock screen isn’t really up to the higher resolution. So it seems clear that the Lynx dev scene is miles ahead of the Game Gear scene.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Fadest said:

Carl already gave the link as it covers also Unnamed and CyberVirus Lost Misisons, Engadget made a nice article on some new Lynx games, including Raid on TriCity and Asteroids Chasers :

https://www.engadget.com/atari-lynx-four-new-physical-games-183055733.html

Yes, congrats @Fadest on the nice coverage for your games! The presentation and gameplay look fantastic for Lynx fans. :) 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this is something I was not expecting to happen, but I guess I have to put a word about it here.

All parcels have been sent, and except USA, all parcels have been delivered right now, this include Europe of course, UK, and even Canada and Japan.

I seems all parcels to the US are awaiting for leaving France in Roissy (french international airport, and french post logistic center), so they are not lost, and the delays you may occur is not related to your single parcel, but is seems there is a whole problem between USA and at least France for parcel shipment. I knew this was the case when importing goods from US (had to wait 1 month for a parcel from Carl last year, and a friend had to wait more than 1 month for a parcel from Atari Age), it seems this is also the case in the France to USA destination. This is probably due to the Covid and congestion of logistic center and fewer flights.

I hope it will not be too long from now to move to the US (the parcel to Japan had to wait 8 days in Roissy, and I put them at my post office at the same time than yours).

Also, I have noticed destination country tracking services give more accurate information than french service, even in France. So If you want to check, I would advise you to check the USPS tracking service.

Once again, I am very sorry for this, and hope you will get your games soon.

I will inquire with other logistic services (DHL, Fedex, ...) to check their condition for future releases, in order to offer an alternative, but I guess their prices won't be close from french post...

Edited by Fadest

11 minutes ago, Fadest said:

Ok, this is something I was not expecting to happen, but I guess I have to put a word about it here.

All parcels have been sent, and except USA, all parcels have been delivered right now, this include Europe of course, UK, and even Canada and Japan.

I seems all parcels to the US are awaiting for leaving France in Roissy (french international airport, and french post logistic center), so they are not lost, and the delays you may occur is not related to your single parcel, but is seems there is a whole problem between USA and at least France for parcel shipment. I knew this was the case when importing goods from US (had to wait 1 month for a parcel from Carl last year, and a friend had to wait more than 1 month for a parcel from Atari Age), it seems this is also the case in the France to USA destination. This is probably due to the Covid and congestion of logistic center and fewer flights.

I hope it will not be too long from now to move to the US (the parcel to Japan had to wait 8 days in Roissy, and I put them at my post office at the same time than yours).

Also, I have noticed destination country tracking services give more accurate information than french service, even in France. So If you want to check, I would advise you to check the USPS tracking service.

Once again, I am very sorry for this, and hope you will get your games soon.

I will inquire with other logistic services (DHL, Fedex, ...) to check their condition for future releases, in order to offer an alternative, but I guess their prices won't be close from french post...

Thanks for the update.

Morning update.

Seems like all parcels apart 3 (including 2 that were sent last week and this week) are now in the US, waiting for custom clearance and distribution.

I will continue to check tracking sites every morning, but when you get the parcel, if you can drop me a mail/PM/message on the forum, that would reassure me...

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Fadest said:

Morning update.

Seems like all parcels apart 3 (including 2 that were sent last week and this week) are now in the US, waiting for custom clearance and distribution.

I will continue to check tracking sites every morning, but when you get the parcel, if you can drop me a mail/PM/message on the forum, that would reassure me...

I received an email this morning that mine should arrive this coming Saturday.  I can see that it arrived in NY. 

Thanks, glad parcels start to flow. Right now, there is only one from the first batch that is still somewhere in France, so I asked the french post to make an enquiry why it did not left with the other.

Oh, I see on your box that I forgot to put that mark in front of Atari Lynx, I guess you will have to do it by yourself.

And most important, I did not forget to put your number.

If someone get a box un-numbered, just drop me a PM, I kept all numbers associated to your orders (and also tried to write them on the invoice when I thought about it).

Edited by Fadest
  • Like 1