IGNORED

Yastuna Games – new Atari Lynx editor and retro game developer

Fadest

Awesome! Time to play my own pre-order!

In other news - all of our copies of LynXmas carts have sold out, didn't expect that to happen so quickly! I'll be getting more cart PCBs in the future but for now Yastuna Games is the only place to get a copy of this cart.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

PK, this is about the GB version of Asteroids Chasers, but as the core game is the same between GB and Lynx version, I guess it is worth the read if you want to know if the game can appeal you (in german but automatic translation makes quite a good job, and the main part of the article is still readable) :

Asteroids Chasers | Fadest | DMGpage - Game Boy Blog

• Like 1

All orders should ship today & tomorrow.

According to french post, it may be a bit late for US/Australia to get games under Christmas Tree, but should be close but enough for Canada (parcel has to be dropped at post office before 12/03).

And of course, unless a problem occur, it will be OK for Europe, and even UK.

For DHL orders, there should be no problem.

And a first and small impression/review from a french gamer that bought the game last WE at french AC show (he is not a big atari Lynx fan as you can read)

In french, but I guess it can be easily translated.

Alors j'ai commencé Ynxa.
Je n'ai que 4 jeux Lynx: Blue Lightning, Paperboy, Batman Returns et Checkered Flag. J'ai déjà passé plus de temps sur Ynxa que sur tous ces jeux réunis cheeky

ça me rappelle beaucoup Wonder Boy III - The Dragon's Trap par cet aspect exploration et transformation en diverses entités possédant des pouvoirs divers permettant de se sortir de différentes situations ou d'accéder à certains lieux.

Les graphismes sont clairs et jolis, ça se laisse très bien regarder sur un écran de Lynx 1 ordinaire (c'était ma crainte après avoir essayé le jeu sur une Lynx équipée d'un beau LCD moderne).
Les maps sont bien conçues, on n'est jamais coincé nulle part.

Edited by Fadest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

All US (& CA/AUS) pre-orders have been sent on wednesday.

Some with DHL, some other with french Post (Delivengo) depending on customer choice.

Seems like DHL is very efficient as some parcels were delivered yesterday (on Sunday !)

For Delivengo parcels, I guess you will have to be more patient, it usually take from 1 to 4 weeks to leave Roissy Airport and hit NEw York airport (then there is the US Postal delivery time) 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Fadest said:

Thanks you Karri. 

Ynxa is still a must for young non player people. 

Wonder if a Switch version would be smart :D

IMG_20220122_101909.jpg

I would totally port the game on Steam/Switch using a simple framework. With a little chance and thoughts, you might be able to reuses all the game logic code... just need to upscale the assets. Might be worth the try.

• Like 3

On 1/22/2022 at 10:06 AM, karri said:

Pretty AMAZING track record to take 3 out of 6!

Yes, it's amazing, there were very good games in the preselection list, just look at the ones which did not make the cut...

And the final list is very great, 6 games, 6 differents type of game. Everyone can find 1 game that should appeal him in this list, this is a very good list for promoting the Lynx.

In order to let people discover the games, MarkSpace, inc was kind enough to put the commercial version of the games on Argon for a limited time.

So everybody will be able to play Asteroids Chasers, Raid on TriCitry Second Wave and Ynxa on Argon until the end of february (so 2 weeks after the award ceremony, for people who will watch it and want to see what is happening in the Lynx scene).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Preorders for Vikings Saga from Rygar will open this thursday.

Both games have been made with Yastuna Lynx Creator Tool Suite, a stripped down version of the Ynxa engine that let people create games with 0 line of code

Draft product page is open.

Vikings Saga (yastuna-games.com)

Vikings Saga by Rygar is a love story related in 2 Atari Lynx games.

Hanna the little Fairy of Akureyri & JP the viking are in love but Gryla the witch wants to ruin their love

She kidnapped Hanna, and stuned JP.

Each game let you play what happened after, based on Hanna or JP point of view.

In Protect the Love, help Hanna escape from the wicked castle of Borganes.

In Save the Love, help JP rescuing Hanna in the dangerous caves of Dimmuborgir.

You can buy each game as cart only + booklet (20€), or the whole package with 2 games and a packaging (box + booklet + small tissue bag) for 45€

I should receive packaging next week, so I expect to send parcels after the 03/21

Also on thursday preorders for 2 Game Boy arcade games by Dr Ludos (author of Growing Ties, Gift Catcher, TimeLoop, Fishing for Atari on Lynx, and Sheep It Up on 2600) will open :

- DMG Deals Damage

- Sheep It Up 

Games were previously sold by Catskull, but are not available any more since december, and Catskull end of operation concerning GB games.

For the first time, they will have a packaging.

Each game available as game only (20€), full game (40€) or packaging only (20€ - for people who supported Catskull & Dr Ludos and bought the game and want to upgrade their loose cart)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A new product is available immediately on Yastuna Games shop, and this is very special one.

For the first time, Bastion Demo by Prior Art (@enthusi and friends), released at the Sillyventure 2k19 is available in physical form.

This is not a game, but a non-interactive demonstration of Lynx power.

image.thumb.png.c918bb16e9289d7217d0265a229d4e53.png

The goal on this is not to make money, so the price is set as low as possible, and as requested by @enthusi and Prior Art, once my fixed costs are covered (mostly meaning stickers cost in fact), I will give all profits to french Médecins sans Frontières (also known worldwide as Doctors Without Borders).

It is available now for 12€

Bastion (Atari Lynx Demo) (yastuna-games.com)

More informations on Bastion by Prior Art & download links:

Bastion (SV2k19 Version) - Atari Lynx | Atari Gamer

Bastion by PriorArt - Demozoo

Bastion by PriorArt :: pouët.net (pouet.net)

More informations on Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors without Borders:

MSF | Doctors Without Borders - USA

Edited by Fadest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1